PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell scrimmages

wookinpanub
08-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Just heard that Caldwell outscored Lexington by two TD's in scrimmage and Taylor by one.

With 38 players, including 27 seniors on the team this year, there is absolutely no excuse if they can't make the playoffs. If not, buh-buy Dale!

winthebigone
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Any word on the Taylor vs. Caldwell scrimmage?

What about Navasota's scrimmage this week?

wookinpanub
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Any word on the Taylor vs. Caldwell scrimmage?

What about Navasota's scrimmage this week?

The Hornets were reportedly racking up yardage left and right and have all but one star back on offense from last years's third-ranked rushing offense in Class 3A.

Defensively, they're having to fill some holes. Ironically, three years ago, they had the top-ranked 3A defense. Since the head coach was behind that defense's reputation, he should be able to work out some kinks.

The only thing Caldwell has lacked the past two years is playing with intensity and passion as they did vs. Bellville in the first three and a half quarters last year. Anyone who watched the Hornets' effort that night in a game that even started an hour late due to lightning knows exacly what I'm talking about. But they got the jitters and surrendered two consecutive onside kicks to lose a game they led by 25 with 5 minutes left.

They showed that game film to every finalist for an assistant coach's job as a "don't let this happen again" example. Until I see the team gel as ONE unit without a "star me" mentality, one-point losses like last year against La Grange and Bellville (road games, no less) will continue and they will remain pretenders instead of contenders, unfortunately.

With 27 seniors and running backs with firepower, there shouldn't be a coach in the world who could manage to miss the playoffs this year.

Hmmmmm, didn't we say this the past two years. Time to get with the program.

Four quarters, fellows. No guts, no glory. Go for it.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Caldwell won the controlled part 2-1 & live quarter 10-0