PDA

View Full Version : Taft/Sinton (merged)

piratebg
08-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I heard the Taft pretty much had there way with the Pirates tonight and scored like 3 times to 1. Did anyone go?

99IHSMustang
08-23-2007, 10:24 PM
SFIA reported and I quote "Taft won the practice scrimmage 2 tds to 0

They played 2 quarters of game situation and it Finished Sinton 7 Taft 7 ."

He posted it like 2 minutes ago on the 4a website

99IHSMustang
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
SFIA reported and I quote "Taft won the practice scrimmage 2 tds to 0

They played 2 quarters of game situation and it Finished Sinton 7 Taft 7 ."

He posted it like 2 minutes ago on the 4a website

To which I replied......

Wow... :eek:

piratebg
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I saw that but posted a little late over there. :D

piratebg
08-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, Sinton will have their hands full next week with Cuero, and pretty much every team after that. Hopefully, these tough games will help them work out the kinks and be ready for district. I also hope they come out of this injury free because the team was really banged up by the time they reached district last year.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, Sinton will have their hands full next week with Cuero, and pretty much every team after that. Hopefully, these tough games will help them work out the kinks and be ready for district. I also hope they come out of this injury free because the team was really banged up by the time they reached district last year. they can pick up good game experience against some very good teams, might take some beatings along the way but it should get them ready for District.

piratebg
08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Fingers crossed ;)

99IHSMustang
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Fingers crossed ;)

I think our district is going to be a little tougher for all teams this year.... I can't wait.

piratebg
08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, Ingleside and Orange Grove will still be the teams to beat. West Oso wasn't all that bad last year and is supposed to be a team on the rise. Although I haven't seen them yet, I think Sinton will be better than last year. Now how much better, I think, remains to be seen.

pirate4state
08-24-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm gonna be a total non homer and say if we don't improve QUICKLY we'll be sitting at home come playoff time.

"playoffs?" :(

AAA87
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
How did the scrimmage go last night?

pirate4state
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
not good

AAA87
08-24-2007, 10:12 AM
new system.....once kids get used to new system things will fall into place.....

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
not good And not that bad. Practice session didnt look promising. Taft had similar success last year against Sinton in a scrimmage and Pirates still manage to BEAT GP! :D

its not the Pirates of the early 2000's but they have time to improve and they will.

sotxrat
08-24-2007, 01:57 PM
p4s, remember this is practice, sinton will be just fine, og travels to beeville for a three way that includes refugio tonight, should be interesting on how og looks at this practice

pirate4state
08-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
p4s, remember this is practice, sinton will be just fine, og travels to beeville for a three way that includes refugio tonight, should be interesting on how og looks at this practice

i'll try to keep that in mind.

don't get me wrong, i will be there supporting the Pirates as much as I can this year regardless of their record. I'm only gonna miss 3 games.

Blastoderm55
08-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat

Will this be OG's first or second scrimmage?

sotxrat
08-24-2007, 02:35 PM
og scrimmaged odem last week, nothing jumped out at me good or bad as far as og performance

maroonpirate04
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Can't wait, hoping to purchase a new camcorder before the "Battle Of 181"so i can film the game highlights and download it into the website i created for the Pirates. But for sure I'll there for the Pirates with Maroon/White and my victory bell ready to spark spirit:) ;)

Ranger354
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Sinton ---

Bad - No pass rush. secondary got burned a few times looking and not reacting soon enough. Taft QB had all time to throw.
Sinton's Ofensive Line needs to block better.

Good -- Wes playing Safety is going to make some people pay. He is hitting hard and making some good plays on the run defense. Josh is still getting the kinks out in the passing game and once he gets that they should be just fine. Don't know who the other Sinton QB was, but he looked good too and has speed.
We do have some speed at Tailback. That was great!

Taft--

Not too much bad. They played pitch and catch on some long pass plays, but Sinton stopped the run.

That is how I saw it.