PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy trades...

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2007, 04:49 PM
since so many of the posters here have talked about their fantasy leagues lately, I thought it would be cool to set up a thread where we could ask each other what we thought about different potential trades. I'll start.

In a yahoo public league this week, I've been offered Joseph Addai and Hines Ward for Travis Henry and Steve Smith...

I think I'm going to decline it because I think Henry will be a stud in Denver and Smith is clearly the better WR, but Addai is tempting in his second year in Indy...what do you guys think?

NDFootball
08-16-2007, 04:53 PM
for overall point totals i think the henry/smith combo would be more beneficial IMHO. Addai is tempting yes but Ward is not quite the same caliber is Steve Smith.

Cameron Crazy
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I would talk about mine, but I missed the draft!

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I would talk about mine, but I missed the draft!

well, let's see your team...we can help you upgrade!

Old Tiger
08-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I would talk about mine, but I missed the draft! are you doing the nfl.com 2a one?

NDFootball
08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
i've never joined a fantasy league...i just have watched friends do it so i know how they work lol

IHStangFan
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
since so many of the posters here have talked about their fantasy leagues lately, I thought it would be cool to set up a thread where we could ask each other what we thought about different potential trades. I'll start.

In a yahoo public league this week, I've been offered Joseph Addai and Hines Ward for Travis Henry and Steve Smith...

I think I'm going to decline it because I think Henry will be a stud in Denver and Smith is clearly the better WR, but Addai is tempting in his second year in Indy...what do you guys think? if you were loaded at WR and looking to maybe sure up your backfield a little....that would be a decent trade.

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
if you were loaded at WR and looking to maybe sure up your backfield a little....that would be a decent trade.

Randy Moss, Reggie Brown, Terry Glenn, and Eric Moulds are my other wide outs.

IHStangFan
08-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Randy Moss, Reggie Brown, Terry Glenn, and Eric Moulds are my other wide outs. seems a decent group of WRs....I guess it just depends on how bad you need a RB that will produce. I think Addai will be a pretty decent producer at RB this year in fantasy leagues.

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
seems a decent group of WRs....I guess it just depends on how bad you need a RB that will produce. I think Addai will be a pretty decent producer at RB this year in fantasy leagues.

well, it kind of hinges on LJ getting into camp with the Chiefs...I have Johnson, Henry, Cedric Benson, and took a late flyer on Tatum Bell since he'll be running in Martz's offense.

IHStangFan
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
yeah, it would appear youre set at both positions....just a matter of "do you want to mix it up and take a gamble"

CelinaCatFan
08-24-2007, 09:14 AM
I would seriously consider making this trade. Below is my reasoning:

Travis Henry - has proven that he can't stay healty and he plays for Mike Shanahan, who is notorious for rotating his backs. I honestly don't think that Henry will get the number of touches this season that everyone is anticipating.

Steve Smith - awesome receiver that plays with an underachieving QB in Delhomme, which hurts his stats. Rookie Dwayne Jarrett will not command the respect that Keyshawn Johnson did last year, which result in more double coverages on Smith this year.

Joseph Addai - is my #4 rated RB (behind Tomlinson, Jackson, and Johnson). Plays with the best offense in the NFL and a passing game that prohibits 8-man fronts geared to stop the run. Remember Edgerrin James in this offense? Addai should put up monster numbers.

Hines Ward - best blocking WR in the game, but not a top 5 receiver like Smith. Note: Pittsburgh has installed a new passing game this year. With this new offense and Santonio Holmes presence, it should allow Ward to post better numbers than last year.