PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley-Burnet

clay
10-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Do you Burnet fans think there is a little bad blood between these two schools? These to schools have formed a great rivaly in ALL sports over the last 8 years. So I just want Burnet fans outlook on it.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 11:54 AM
ttt

Old Dog
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Personally, I don't think there's bad blood, Burnet just knows over the long haul Wimberley is very competitive. When we play ya'll it's gona be a fight each and every time. Just look at who has won more football titles in the last 5-10 years.

I may look at things a little different than some, because if we aren't head to head, we should be supportive of each other. If one wins the title, we should support them all the way to state. If the team that won a district drops out of the playoffs quickly, what does that say for your team's program when it came in 2nd or 3rd?

JCM
10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Last year I went to the Burnet-Wimberley vollyball game prior to the football game and their vollyball fans were obnoxious. The Wimberley vollyball team was very good (they won state) but their fans were rude. Some consolation was had later however, when the Burnet football team kicked their tail. I think the rivalry borders on bad blood.

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-23-2003, 02:18 PM
When teams travel to Wimberly. The students all
have newspapers and they stand, turn their backs
and pretend to read. Then at some point they start their little chants. Very rude and childlike, almost like some of the childlike things on the 3A football discussion.
Regards,
GreatBiGBurnetFan

Bandera YaYa
10-23-2003, 02:52 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
When teams travel to Wimberly. The students all
have newspapers and they stand, turn their backs
and pretend to read. Then at some point they start their little chants. Very rude and childlike, almost like some of the childlike things on the 3A football discussion.
Regards,
GreatBiGBurnetFanPersonally, I think the newspaper thing IS very rude. But anyways, schools with "bad blood" will always be.....you can say it's not there, but it is...just ask the students, they will know! Back in my hey day, it was Fredericksburg, man we hated them.....we used to chant "Blood makes the grass grow, KILL, KILL..."
There color was red, and we didn't care if we lost to any else, but it was VERY serious when it came to them.....
But back to Wimberely.....yeah, seems like they have a reputation out here for that kind of stuff....must be doing something to keep having that kind of reputation......... eek!

BURNETBULLDOG66
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
I can attest for bad blood between these two schools. mens basketball games are the worst. I remember fights would break out in the parking lot and cops would have to break them up and even went as far as running other cars off the road. I am refering to students in this matter not adults but that is how bad these schools dislike eachother, and that is why i look forward to this game every year.

burnetgurl02
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Back before I graduated, the Wimberley/Burnet games were always the biggest and the baddest. Wimberley has had their winning streaks and Burnet has had theirs. As for tonight, look for Burnet to defend their winning streak! The Dawgs will take it all! :cool:

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-24-2003, 04:40 PM
i think that there is bad blood between schools it shouldnt be both teams deserve our respect. But last nites game was a joke for sure the refs and coaches were messing with the dogs heads and they just didnt do as well as they should have. But there you have it. Go Burnet Bulldogs all the way this year guys. We Love You no matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 08:27 PM
JCM:
Last year I went to the Burnet-Wimberley vollyball game prior to the football game and their vollyball fans were obnoxious. The Wimberley vollyball team was very good (they won state) but their fans were rude. Some consolation was had later however, when the Burnet football team kicked their tail. I think the rivalry borders on bad blood.I bet Buck was the main one acting onnoxious. What do the rest of you think?