PDA

View Full Version : gotta love those UT haters...

Gobbla2001
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
was listening to 610 AM outta Houston this evening... some caller (may be related to G$$ :p ) called in VERY pissed off that the hosts were not discussing the legal problems of UT athletes (which they did discuss quite a bit before Mack Brown's press confrence on the matter)... they were discussing Vick's possible plea, Tim Donkeyhey or whatever his last name is pleading guilty, the Texans' spring training and the Astros' slim as hell chances of making the postseason... pretty full topic wheel there but this guy wanted to hear talk about UT's problems and said he was upset because they were not discussing it... WOW!!!

Hater is all you can say...

Funk-d-fied
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
the facts are facts....

it will get swept under the rug they like to call the 40 acres..,

Gobbla2001
08-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
the facts are facts....

it will get swept under the rug they like to call the 40 acres..,

for sure... but they discussed it for a solid week up until Mack's press confrence a couple of weeks back... this guy was mad it hasn't been discussed more...

deal is the suspensions have been laid down, the punishment has been served to these guys when concerning their future with the Longhorns... it's been discussed... nothing went under the rug, it was discussed outside of the rug on national television by the head coach...

what else is there to talk about that wasn't talked about for a solid week?

I don't mind people bringing it up in discussion, but to be furious it is not being discussed is pretty much hater...

Funk-d-fied
08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I can see where your coming from, just do not let the opinion and actions of one determine your feelings toward others. He might of been sore loser or just a bad fan of the game. I mean with these two schools anything will get the fire going. What's done is done and lets strap it on in Kyle this year and see who will be left standing in the end. How are things going for ut this fall so far?

Gobbla2001
08-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
I can see where your coming from, just do not let the opinion and actions of one determine your feelings toward others. He might of been sore loser or just a bad fan of the game. I mean with these two schools anything will get the fire going. What's done is done and lets strap it on in Kyle this year and see who will be left standing in the end. How are things going for ut this fall so far?

I don't think it was an A&M fan... judging by his comments he actually may have been an OU fan... after the hosts put him down and said they had discussed it while it was going on and there wasn't more to discuss, his conversation changed to UT fans calling the OU program dirty because of what they had go on there... he seemed to be defending OU quite a bit (which I can understand)... but really no one has been talking about OU's deal for a while 'cept maybe on forums... I listen to that station every day and I haven't heard them address the OU problem in a while...

UT needs to stay healthy and out of trouble, that's all I know...

Funk-d-fied
08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
well if it sounds like an okie.... it probably is one.

g$$
08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
was listening to 610 AM outta Houston this evening... some caller (may be related to G$$ :p ) called in VERY pissed off that the hosts were not discussing the legal problems of UT athletes (which they did discuss quite a bit before Mack Brown's press confrence on the matter)... they were discussing Vick's possible plea, Tim Donkeyhey or whatever his last name is pleading guilty, the Texans' spring training and the Astros' slim as hell chances of making the postseason... pretty full topic wheel there but this guy wanted to hear talk about UT's problems and said he was upset because they were not discussing it... WOW!!!

Hater is all you can say...

Nice shot at me buddy - way to stay classy. BTW, that topic is old news anyway. Mack finally stepped up & handled it. And not me on the radio either. 610 AM is known as "Sip 10" in these parts since they are UT's affiliate & often biased that way.

FYI: Charlie Pallilo is much better on 790 AM 3-7 PM afternoons in Houston. Smart, objective guy who used to be on 610 AM. Lots of changes at 610 AM have lessened their product considerably (Granato, Zierlein, Justice, etc. now gone). Hope that helps & stay classy while away.