PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley on TCM tomorrow (August 16, 2007)

Phil C
08-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of his death and TCM is showing several of his movies all day. This was a sad day in 1976 and most of us alive remember exactly what we were doing when we heard about it. I recommend all of the movies but some of my favorites being shown are the following:

Charro! at 6:45 A.M. A great western and if it hadn't been made in 1969 with all the great nominations that year I think Elvis would have deserved serious best actor oscar nomination consideration.

Jailhouse Rock at 7 P.M. This was Elvis third movie (I think)and it is a great one.

Clambate at 10:30 P.M. This is a personal favorite and his leading lady here is Nanette Faberes and she was great and beautiful in this movie. Nanette was a great child star and grew into a beautiful actress and still acts today. And she is great in that parting scene at the end. I won't spoil it for you but it is amusing and outstanding.

Phil C
08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm sure that some of you were planning to post about his death tomorrow and I apologize if I have ruined it for you but TCM is showing several of his movies all day and I felt like the information needed to be posted in case anyone wanted to see any of these very good movies. You can consult your tv guide to get the schedule.

SideBurnWillie
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
The KING! :clap: :clap:

Phil C
08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
The actress was Shelley Fabares. Sorry for the error.

Phil C
08-16-2007, 09:13 AM
It is today now. :)