PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell's Hornets in 2007: Contenders or Pretenders?

wookinpanub
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Anyone from C-town know the inside scoop from scrimmages or talks from insiders?

zebrablue2
08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Anyone from C-town know the inside scoop from scrimmages or talks from insiders?

contenders, for sure.

eagles_victory
08-14-2007, 11:28 PM
pretenders they havent been the same since 04 when they lost Talena off the color guard

wookinpanub
08-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
pretenders they havent been the same since 04 when they lost Talena off the color guard

Great, then share everything you know about them beyond the color guard.

buff4life
08-15-2007, 01:12 AM
contender for the playoffs but not district title

injuredinmelee
08-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Nice work!

Darren
08-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Coming from the big city of Paige...

Darren
08-15-2007, 07:07 AM
I think at best they will finish third in District. IMO

Old Tiger
08-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Pretender...

Giddings, Bellville and Navasota will be the three playoff teams.

burnet44
08-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Caldwell has a chance
If all the drool that has been posted about Bellville is true
It helps out Caldwell a lot

Giddings is the class of the dist and is still stinging from las years loss they go 5-0

Bellville was 8-3, 4-1 last year but lack of size with no Wr's and sophomores being counted on in key roles is a concern add the drama and the Brahmas dont look as strong abet the dist may not be strong enough to to keep them out.

Navasota-everyone seems to think they are on the rise. Probably. I saw their kids last year in PL and they had some good looking ones. They must learn how to win and Lee still has some inexperienced sophomores that need to be tested. Lee never plays any defense, abet throw it a lot so he will always gice up some much like Lee at Comfort. If the sophomores dont get beat down early while gaining experience, they should have enough talent to get in.

LaGrange-has struggled lately after many years of glory. 8-3, 3-2 last year. Walker was in Big Lake with Harrell before he got the Leopard job. Offense will be the problem here. the D has some experienced kids but the O will take time to develop. If it does the Rattler game may decide 4 and 4th.

Caldwell-saw them vs Robinson last year and wasnt impressed. But Robinson wasnt impressive ethier, winning that night but not looking good yet. They may not have enough horses to finish the race. last years 5-5, 2-3 let them just miss out. Depth will be a problem and experience. I just dont see enough here for them to make it. But a turnover here and there, a drive killing penalty could be huge. Again the district isnt strong enough to do clear cut winners except for Giddings. I think Caldwell falls 1 game short unless they get real lucky.

Smithville-1-9, 0-5 just too weak to make a difference. Has some experience but its bad experience. New coach needs to stay a while to build a program. They have some linemen so they can be better. With some luck maybe 4-6, but no district wins.

1. Giddings derrrrrrrrr
2. Navasota-playing no D is a concern
3. Bellville-line problems
4. LaGrange-offensive problems
5. Caldwell-just not enough horses
6. Smithville-well is Smithville

but a fumble or a penalty here and there

switch navasota and Bellville
awitch lagrange and Caldwell

top 3
Giddings
Navasota
Bellville

wookinpanub
08-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Caldwell has a chance
If all the drool that has been posted about Bellville is true
It helps out Caldwell a lot

Giddings is the class of the dist and is still stinging from las years loss they go 5-0

Bellville was 8-3, 4-1 last year but lack of size with no Wr's and sophomores being counted on in key roles is a concern add the drama and the Brahmas dont look as strong abet the dist may not be strong enough to to keep them out.

Navasota-everyone seems to think they are on the rise. Probably. I saw their kids last year in PL and they had some good looking ones. They must learn how to win and Lee still has some inexperienced sophomores that need to be tested. Lee never plays any defense, abet throw it a lot so he will always gice up some much like Lee at Comfort. If the sophomores dont get beat down early while gaining experience, they should have enough talent to get in.

LaGrange-has struggled lately after many years of glory. 8-3, 3-2 last year. Walker was in Big Lake with Harrell before he got the Leopard job. Offense will be the problem here. the D has some experienced kids but the O will take time to develop. If it does the Rattler game may decide 4 and 4th.

Caldwell-saw them vs Robinson last year and wasnt impressed. But Robinson wasnt impressive ethier, winning that night but not looking good yet. They may not have enough horses to finish the race. last years 5-5, 2-3 let them just miss out. Depth will be a problem and experience. I just dont see enough here for them to make it. But a turnover here and there, a drive killing penalty could be huge. Again the district isnt strong enough to do clear cut winners except for Giddings. I think Caldwell falls 1 game short unless they get real lucky.

Smithville-1-9, 0-5 just too weak to make a difference. Has some experience but its bad experience. New coach needs to stay a while to build a program. They have some linemen so they can be better. With some luck maybe 4-6, but no district wins.

1. Giddings derrrrrrrrr
2. Navasota-playing no D is a concern
3. Bellville-line problems
4. LaGrange-offensive problems
5. Caldwell-just not enough horses
6. Smithville-well is Smithville

but a fumble or a penalty here and there

switch navasota and Bellville
awitch lagrange and Caldwell

top 3
Giddings
Navasota
Bellville

When Caldwell played in Robinson last year, they basically had to move up guys from the bench because of at least two key injuries, so had Danny Deere been playing it would have made a difference. I find it hard to believe that any team ( like Robinson) could improve THAT much in six weeks. Caldwell played a tough schedule. Cut a little slack. Also, Navasota has beaten Caldwell once in the five times they've met in 20 years and I think the gift the Hornets gave Bellville last year should be a wake-up call.

wookinpanub
08-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Coming from the big city of Paige...

the thriving metropolis --- second only to Hogg or Warda

burnet44
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
I dont know if it was that much.
We did get better in the playoffs.
beat a Hutto team that only had 1 kid basically.
Beat Palestine who was loaded that game got us going.
Thats when we improved a lot.
beat WC who wasnt anywhere near Palestine and did some dumb things, lined up bad, and wouldnt hit
Beat ingleside-derrrrrrrrrrr
And lost to LE by 1 with a lot of turnovers

sometimes you play to your level of competition
maybe the JV inelligiable (sp for the grammar Nazi's) will help he was a JV stud last year

Thats just what I saw

wookinpanub
08-15-2007, 08:21 AM
From what I hear, getting players and their parents to respect coaching decisions and getting coaches on the same page made a humongous difference last season. But then, if players are mature enough for the game, they should already know these things.

burnet44
08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Agreed that should help Caldwell a lot this year
congrats

pooch
08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
they got a DQ there in Caldwell?

Ranger Mom
08-15-2007, 08:41 AM
I had a "de ja vu" reading this thread!!:thinking: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had a "de ja vu" reading this thread!!:thinking: :thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: Weird....me too.

Darren
08-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I have been reading this forum for 4 years know.

It seems like this same topic is brought up every year. I give it a month before first time posters (from both sides) start getting ROM'ed.

CHS_CG
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
From what I hear, getting players and their parents to respect coaching decisions and getting coaches on the same page made a humongous difference last season. But then, if players are mature enough for the game, they should already know these things.

Its really not so much the players not respecting the coaches its the damn parents. That is exactly what ran Cobia off. He had a hand full of parents come to him saying, it wasnt fair their child was a senior and a lower class-man was gettin more play time them their child. This hand full of parents started an uproar in town and Cobia had enough of it and I frankly dont blame him at all of leaving.

Ranger Mom
08-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I have been reading this forum for 4 years know.

It seems like this same topic is brought up every year. I give it a month before first time posters (from both sides) start getting ROM'ed.

First Time posters?????

You crack me up!!;) ;)

Chris Hart
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
All I can say about Caldwell is 'GoOrange'...

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
LMAO!!!!!!!! :D :doh:

CHS_CG
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM

:eek: :eek:

buff4life
08-15-2007, 02:50 PM

i thought it would be sting 'em...with the pinkies in the air lol

buff4life
08-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pooch
they got a DQ there in Caldwell?

i think there is an old one...not sure though

rancher
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Caldwell will be a playoff team. LaGrange is too young. The Bellville program is in shambles. They have no QB, small O line and will not stop a strong running attack.

1. Giddings
2. Navasota
3. Caldwell
4. LaGrange
5. Bellville
6. Smithville

BreckTxLonghorn
08-15-2007, 11:21 PM

That screen name is awesome. Anyone who gives a shout out to classic eddie murphy is ok with me:D

burnet44
08-15-2007, 11:31 PM
If you actually know something post it
read mine
an actual analysis
not just ok navasota because they have talent
or
Bellville is in trouble

CHS_CG
08-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
If you actually know something post it
read mine
an actual analysis
not just ok navasota because they have talent
or
Bellville is in trouble

you make one analysis and think your the king.. sorry try again. I can see your side of things but I also know that Caldwell does have a strong team this year.. can we pull it off.. who knows we will have to see.. we could shock everybody and come out with the district title (i know dont hold my breath)