PDA

View Full Version : 20000: Holy Smokes!!!

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
5 years ago, I registered during BASEBALL season because my beloved Sinton Pirates were making yet another ( :p ) run at a state title and I had found this message board in the winter of 2001 when that same group of kids made a run at the "holy grail". Darn Everman anyway! :mad:

Anyway, I wanted to post back when I first found this site, winter of 2001 and I always thought I had, but we all know how my memory tends to fail me from day to day :smoker: and then when the Pirates were "hot & heavy" in the race for our 3rd state championship, I couldn't contain my excitement. I started posting on this web site. What could the harm be, right? :D

This was my very first post click me (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14125) and wouldn't you know it, there I am starting my love/hate relationship with Ingleside!!! :D

When I searched for "all posts by this user" 830 pages!!!! popped up. My God, what the hell do I talk about??? :eek: LOL

Alot of my posts are frivilous fluff, but on occassion I have been known to impart some knowledge on football, baseball, softball and sometimes track. No comments necessary!!! :p

When someone first mentioned the idea of a "meet & greet" I had the same reaction Meg Ryan did in You've Got Mail! "meet? OH MY GOD!" with just utter shock!!! Meet total strangers?? I just knew if I dared to meet someone off the internet I'd be killed!!! So, for a long time I avoided M&Gs for my safety. Fast forward a few years and I'm driving to WEST TEXAS to hang out with Ranger Mom, G2, injuredinmelee, Cameron Crazy and whoever else shows up, oh yeah and watch a football game!! I'm driving all over the state for M&Gs this year. Maybe I should paint a sign on the back of my truck "P4S coming to a town/game near you!"

It has been an absolute blast posting on this website. Sometimes I take the drama on here waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to seriously, but at least I can call any one of the "girls" and have a good laugh about it because we can't talk to anyone else NOT on the board for fear of looking like an absolute lunatic!!! I mean, when I've tried to talk to my friends that don't post on here their first reaction/question is "who are these people you are talking ab out?" Sounds like a mexican soap opera!!! LMAO!

I'm rambling, but that is part of my charm - you know it's true.

Here is a list of people I have NEVER meet in person, but feel like I've known them FOREVER and will probably give 'em a big 'ol hug when I finally do meet them. Some of them I know I'll meet this year and others - well we'll just have to wait & see.

DaHop72
injuredinmelee
BBDE
mustang04
Cameron Crazy

Dangit - there goes my memory. Those are the first 5 that come to mind. Sorry, for those of you that I didn't mention. :o

crzyjournalist you aren't on the list b/c I don't think I'll ever attend a Forney game, but maybe one day we can call up KAO and have lunch on my many travels to the metro-mess.

What else is there to say? hmmmmmmmmmmm

I encourage each of you to stop by the chat room at least one Friday night once "the season" begins. We'll talk about football and alot of other crazy things!!! The week leading up to Friday night can be full of just the craziest times you can have on the internet. That is where you really get to know the people that post on this board. It is just a wild time!! You'll get insight to some of the oldest running jokes and/or pick up or start some new ones!!

Everyone is welcome, but the "regulars" will test your endurance to see just how far we can push you. Just ask wimpy! :D

How many of y'all bet that I wouldn't be able to hold out until morning? What were the odds? Who won what? and who is gonna cut me into their share?

Thanks for all the great memories!!! Here is hoping I won't be around for another 20000 posts!!!

Maroon87
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Man...that's an awful lot of wasted time.:p

Congrats Rita!

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Congrats! :)

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Man...that's an awful lot of wasted time.:p

Congrats Rita!
LMAO!!!! :D

And DITTO! :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe now that you realize how useless those 20000 posts were you'll leave.....:devil:

Just kidding, congrats and here's to 20K more. :D

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 06:15 PM
:( leave it to all my smart ass buddies :p :D

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:( leave it to all my smart ass buddies :p :D

well I think it's quite an achievement...you're only the second poster EVER to get to that mark, so you deserve to party!

Snyder_TigerFan
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
That's a lot of postin'. Congrats!

piratebg
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Congrats chick :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
08-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I guess you need a sign that says P4s Posted!

tigerpride_08
08-14-2007, 08:27 PM
congrats...:clap:

carter08
08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't want to meet you either :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This was my very first post click me (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14125) and wouldn't you know it, there I am starting my love/hate relationship with Ingleside!!! :D

:doh: :doh: :doh: And left out the score..... :D

44INAROW
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Keep em coming P4S ;)
I'll never forget the 1st time we "met" We were at the Alamodome after the Cuero vs Sinton playoff game in 2004 - standing there on the "bridge" outside the dome - trying to get a good signal and talk to you on the cell phone- and little did I know, but you were right below me by the busses :D

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I don't want to meet you either :tongue: I'm sorry Moonpie, really I am. Of course I want to meet you!! :)

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Keep em coming P4S ;)
I'll never forget the 1st time we "met" We were at the Alamodome after the Cuero vs Sinton playoff game in 2004 - standing there on the "bridge" outside the dome - trying to get a good signal and talk to you on the cell phone- and little did I know, but you were right below me by the busses :D Yeah, that was pretty funny. :wave: We won't talk about the 2nd or 3rd time when you didn't even recognize me! :hand: :p :D

mustang04
08-14-2007, 11:40 PM
CONGRATS RITA!!!!!!!!! i know we will meet sometime...i have a feeling this is the season that i meet many more posters....keep 'em coming!!!!!!!!:)

Ranger Mom
08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Congrats Rita!!

I remember the first time we met, Stanton Trade Days in the middle of the summer!!

We didn't have a whole lot to say to each other then...boy have times changed!!!:D :D

Can't wait to see ya in a couple of weeks!!:D

crzyjournalist03
08-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Keep em coming P4S ;)
I'll never forget the 1st time we "met" We were at the Alamodome after the Cuero vs Sinton playoff game in 2004 - standing there on the "bridge" outside the dome - trying to get a good signal and talk to you on the cell phone- and little did I know, but you were right below me by the busses :D

maybe it's just me, but this sounded a little too much like a romantic encounter for my taste! :D

Ranger Mom
08-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
maybe it's just me, but this sounded a little too much like a romantic encounter for my taste! :D

Hee hee!!::evillol: :evillol:

charlesrixey
08-15-2007, 08:59 AM
:p

congratulations!

pirate4state
08-15-2007, 09:28 AM
maybe it's just me, but this sounded a little too much like a romantic encounter for my taste! :D ROFL! Nah, it was just FUNNY!!! LOL

Lorey - will you be leaving the stands at half-time now?? :thinking:

That's the reason we didn't meet during the game, she refused to leave the stands and I'm pretty sure Cuero was beating us at half-time! :( :doh:

I meet Gobbla for the first time at the game, I think.

burnet44
08-15-2007, 11:47 PM

tmi tmi