PDA

View Full Version : Big Orange Looks .....

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
good.

The Bobcats already look pretty sharp. QB's on target and the O line looks better than I expected. I am ready to see some scrums now and expect this year to be good. Maybe as good as last year and maybe even better if we avoid the big I's.

BobcatBenny
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
I am afraid I am going to need some stats to back that up! :D

burnet44
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM
look those guys lost their last game
theys the only sta they care about Im sure

BobcatBenny
08-14-2007, 01:05 PM
The Bobcats certainly are planning on finishing their season with a win this year.

And as much as that loss stung, I am looking forward to seeing the team scrimmage this week-end so that I can get a feel for what kind of character this team has.

But since I think it is the intangible character of this team that will determine if they are finishers, I certainly would love some of FREDOOOs more tangible stats to give me a warm and fuzzy.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am afraid I am going to need some stats to back that up! :D

:foul: :foul:

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
The Bobcats certainly are planning on finishing their season with a win this year.

And as much as that loss stung, I am looking forward to seeing the team scrimmage this week-end so that I can get a feel for what kind of character this team has.

But since I think it is the intangible character of this team that will determine if they are finishers, I certainly would love some of FREDOOOs more tangible stats to give me a warm and fuzzy.

I agree with you on the intangibles. Not a large leadership class last year. Jamie was really the only one with a mean streak. I think this year we have a little more of that and maybe better overall leadership.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Okay benny here is a stat for ya.

We are 31-1 the last two years with a state title and a runner up.

And we won 7 on 7 for the second time this year.
And so far no starters injured.

And my son had the best hit of the day from the first graders in his first time in pads and tackling drills.
:D

BobcatBenny
08-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes! That's the way the non-Celinians like it!

I know you are just getting warmed up and back in statistical shape, but it is always good to hold a scrimmage before the big game.

Thanks Fredoooo!

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes! That's the way the non-Celinians like it!

I know you are just getting warmed up and back in statistical shape, but it is always good to hold a scrimmage before the big game.

Thanks Fredoooo!

Thanks benny... just getting warmed up. I especially like the stat about my boy.. It was his first real tackle and it was a collision.
He just stuck his head in there. ON the collision he went one way and the runner the other. Both hit the ground hard. Then he bounced up with a big ol ear to ear grin and got back in line. I asked him what he thought he liked best about football. He said
"hitting things".....:D

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
He said
"hitting things".....:D
LOL! Summer before my oldest son's Sr. year he said "I'm ready to HIT somebody". :D

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Summer before my oldest son's Sr. year he said "I'm ready to HIT somebody". :D

That is definetly a football mentality don't you think? That was always my favorite part of the game. I was always looking for my next hittee.....