PDA

View Full Version : Exes from Sinton and Hondo to QB for TAMUK

piratebg
08-14-2007, 04:14 AM
The QB for the Texas A&M Kingsville Javelinas was ruled ineligible by the NCAA. Sinton ex Daniel Ramirez, a recent transfer, and Hondo ex Kolten Thigpen are 2 of the 4 candidates who could start this season.

http://caller.com/news/2007/aug/14/javs-qb-ineligible/

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Just read that. Cool deal. Good Luck to Daniel!!

sotex
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Good luck to all. Kolten played WR for the Owls last year. He did throw a couple of TD passes for the Owls on some trick plays. The year before he played at Cornerstone in San Antonio and put up some gaudy passing stats against weak competition.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The QB for the Texas A&M Kingsville Javelinas was ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

http://caller.com/news/2007/aug/14/javs-qb-ineligible/

as always at A and I
wonder why Cundiff left lol

g$$
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Gosh the Javelinas used to be tough with Darrell Green & many others. Times have changed it seems!

bandera7
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
yeah, my uncle played on the Darrell Green team. They were best friends. He told me that when some NFL scouts came to check Darrell out, he went out onto a wet field in his Chuckie T's to time a 40. Everybody told him he needed cleats on. He just waved em off. He ran a 4.24 that day...that kind of speed is unreal.

g$$
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
yeah, my uncle played on the Darrell Green team. They were best friends. He told me that when some NFL scouts came to check Darrell out, he went out onto a wet field in his Chuckie T's to time a 40. Everybody told him he needed cleats on. He just waved em off. He ran a 4.24 that day...that kind of speed is unreal.

I believe that. Green was the fastest man in the NFL for years & one of the best cover corners in history. Houston boy too! That program is not getting the kids it once did for sure. It has a lot to do with academics as noted above. Just a different time.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
they actually have a little academics there now lol
not just welding classes lol

g$$
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
they actually have a little academics there now lol
not just welding classes lol

Exactly, thus not the same program that took academically at-risk kids who could flat play.