PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Better QB?

hawkfan
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Nothing like a little pre-season debate to get the blood flowing. Who is the Better QB in the Big XII, and Why. I'll let some people post before I put in my two cents.

Fal44
08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Chase, with colt in a close second place..

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I voted McGee, but as to not be a total homer...here is why..and my breakdown.

I like McGee because he is strong, good sized, fast, and can pass. He's tough as nails. I look for him to have a great season.

I think Colt McCoy is a little over-rated and rode a wave of UT hype and media mania coming off of Vince Young's NC. I am anxious to see how he performs this year. If he proves me wrong, I will eat those words w/ a plastic spork.

Harrell holds almost every HS passing record in the books, and is a great QB, but its hard to really tell being in the system that hes in just HOW good he really is.

Chase will no doubt be a great one in my opinion. I look for him to go off this year and could turn alot of heads while putting his team in position to be contenders for the Big 12 in the next couple of years provided hes got a good support cast.

TMer25
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Reid with Sam Keller as my 2nd choice

hawkfan
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I voted McGee, but as to not be a total homer...here is why..and my breakdown.

I like McGee because he is strong, good sized, fast, and can pass. He's tough as nails. I look for him to have a great season.

I think Colt McCoy is a little over-rated and rode a wave of UT hype and media mania coming off of Vince Young's NC. I am anxious to see how he performs this year. If he proves me wrong, I will eat those words w/ a plastic spork.

Harrell holds almost every HS passing record in the books, and is a great QB, but its hard to really tell being in the system that hes in just HOW good he really is.

Chase will no doubt be a great one in my opinion. I look for him to go off this year and could turn alot of heads while putting his team in position to be contenders for the Big 12 in the next couple of years provided hes got a good support cast.

I tend to agree. No doubt all these QBs are good. But Mcgee's versatility makes him better in my opinion. He is a good scrambler, good runner, and good passer. He could go to Texas and run Mack Brown's offense and throw 29 TDs, But I don't think Colt McCoy could go to A&M and run the Option. Harrell is just a product of the System. I also think Chase Daniel could be good, but then again he just sits back and throws like Harrell.

g$$
08-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I voted for McGee, but to me Bobby Reid may have the most upside if he harnesses his potential. Colt did a great job for Texas last year & we'll see how he responds this year. Chase Daniel is a winner. Harrell is a prolific passer but he turns the ball over a little too much for me.

If McGee improves as a passer resembling his hs days, & Fran loosens the reigns, then look out. He has the size & all the intangibles to be a really good one. Call me a homer, that's fine, but I like McGee long-term.

The NEB qb has a lot to prove coming from Arizona State...

luvhoops34
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Chase Daniel with Colt right behind him.:D