PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 42-Wimberley 14

Chris Hart
10-25-2002, 10:07 PM
It looks like in week 10, it will be 9-0 Burnet traveling to Liberty Hill to take on 9-0 Liberty Hill for the district title, as the Hill beat Bandera 35-28.

eye of the tiger
10-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Burnet still rolling. Nice win tonight

hotstuff
10-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Congratulations Liberty Hill. Caldwell knew you could do it! Sissy non-district schedule? Phooey!

We didn't fare so well with Marlin (33-7), but our district is a toughie. Marlin, Cameron and Rockdale will likely win the first playoff.

Keep the faith and give Burnet the best you got!

FBmania
10-25-2002, 11:21 PM
I thought Old Card said Burnet was overrated? Just kidding Chris, congrats on the win! :D

Chris Hart
10-25-2002, 11:36 PM
He did say that, but I'll forgive him. Still alot of work to be done just to win the district championship.

Old Cardinal
10-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Congratulations on your win! Chris, all I have said is that I think Sinton will win your Region. Burnet has a very good team. I did notice that Gainesville was taken out tonight-Celina just keeps on rolling.

CentralTxFan
10-26-2002, 12:28 AM
Tough, tough, tough first half for Burnet. Can't wait to see the stats for this game...on the penalties! Spaniard, I have to agree with you 100%...the officiating in Wimberley sucks big time! Pretty sad when most of the Burnet fans stood up and cheered when Wimberley got their first or second penalty of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Congrats to Burnet on their win. It was a great game. Chris Levens did an outstanding job tonight. Shipley, what can I say? He was amazing. McGee, under pressure, pulled it out several times, way to go. Honestly, all of the players played really well. Now, go show Ingram what you've got!!! Make it 9-0 next week.

29x281
10-26-2002, 12:53 AM
The reaction of the Burnet fans to the officiating was primarily due to their memory of what happened last year in Wimberley, when the officiating was downright suspicious.

This year, although far more penalties were called on Burnet than Wimberley, I actually thought the vast majority of those calls were legit. There was one particular spot that I disagreed with, and once on a measurement I'm not sure why the ref called the Wim QB over to have a look, and only then indicated it was a first down. That was wierd.

But if you look back over the season, Burnet is certainly a heavily penalized team, so I don't think we can lay it all at the feet of the refs. Tonight the penalties kept Wimberley in the game longer than necessary, and down the road it could prove more costly. I know the coaches are working hard to cut down on the penalties, so hopefully we'll see fewer flags in the next few weeks.

Buck
10-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Officiating bad in Wimberley? Give me a break. I just got in from this game, becuase I wanted to see what Burnet was all about. You're right...it was a tough first half, but the statement about the officiating was off the mark. Burnet made some stupid mistakes and they got called for it. Plain and simple. As for Wimberley, offensively this team is tough! I didn't realize how young this team is. The fullback for the Texans is a hoss and just a sophmore! Defense is horrible. I will say this...Burnet has a lot of weapons, and both lines are solid. The Shipley kid is unbelievable, but it looks like to me that attitude will get the best of this team. Leaving the starters in with the game out of reach late in fourth kind of disappointed me. It'll catch up to them...it always does.

Just my thoughts

29x281
10-26-2002, 09:18 AM
What attitude?

BurnetDawg
10-26-2002, 10:29 AM
*woot woot* ... Another win for da bu-dawgs. ay to go boys !!! Good luck next week also :) i KNOW you all together can come through and win another !!! 9 - 0 baby ... Hop Wimberley liked that hit.

topdawg
10-26-2002, 10:49 AM
does anybody no where miller was last night?

bigdawg06
10-26-2002, 11:59 AM
topdawg:
does anybody no where miller was last night?people said he was with family, i have no idea if that is true, just what i heard! but we would have beaten them worse if he was there!

bruiser89
10-26-2002, 12:28 PM
great game!!!!!

jimmy43
10-26-2002, 01:20 PM
No Miller???????????

greendog fan
10-26-2002, 06:03 PM
bigdawg06:

topdawg:
does anybody no where miller was last night?people said he was with family, i have no idea if that is true, just what i heard! but we would have beaten them worse if he was there!Patricks Miller pasted away and he was gone for that reason. Levens did a great job in Millers place.Looks like it will be yhe 9/0 gogs verus the 9/0 panthers on the 8th of Nov.

Chris Hart
10-26-2002, 09:50 PM
nm

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Old Dog
10-26-2002, 10:11 PM
Heard someone say that Patrick's Miller's Grandfather passed. As to penalties, in my humble opinion, Burnet did err too much. Ball spotting was the part that was questionable on more than one occasion! And to jimmy43 and all LH fans, congrats on your victory in Bandera. Portions of crow for some of us! As to leaving the first team in too long, only one man can make that call and he had his reasons.

2KDawg
10-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Yeah unfortunately Miller's Grandfather past away so he could not make this game. My condolences to the family, hope he can be back next week.

Chris Hart
10-26-2002, 11:46 PM
My condolences go out to the Miller family as well.

dawgdad
10-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Nice to have two RB's who can do the job if you need them, Dawgs had a fumble on first possession and then an interception on first two sets of downs. Other than that and the penalties (which seemed to decrease in the second half) the Bulldogs looked awesome. Condolences to the Miller family- Patrick is a very good kid- well liked and respectable in all that he does.

greendog fan
10-27-2002, 10:49 AM
greendog fan:

bigdawg06:

topdawg:
does anybody no where miller was last night?people said he was with family, i have no idea if that is true, just what i heard! but we would have beaten them worse if he was there!Patricks Miller pasted away and he was gone for that reason. Levens did a great job in Millers place.Looks like it will be yhe 9/0 gogs verus the 9/0 panthers on the 8th of Nov.Cant belive i left out the words grandfather.

Chris Hart
10-27-2002, 01:43 PM
greendog fan,

No problem, I should have edited my post earlier than this. I apologize. We all make mistakes.

toby070
10-28-2002, 01:42 PM
29x281
[QB]The reaction of the Burnet fans to the officiating was primarily due to their memory of what happened last year in Wimberley, when the officiating was downright suspicious.

]GRRRRRRR...for about the 10th time, and I've still yet to get a reply, what suspicious calls are you talking about last year? The game I saw was between two very good teams, and the better (mostly because of experience) team won fair and frickin square. I need to have my memory refreshed as to what calls were "suspicious" that may have affected the outcome of the game.

29x281
10-28-2002, 04:42 PM
toby, I won't disagree with you that the better, more experienced team won last year. And my memory isn't good enough to recall the specific instances that led Burnet fans to question the officiating in the 2001 game.

But I do remember leaving the stadium thinking 3 things: 1)Burnet wasted some opportunities, 2) the officiating was suspicious, and 3) the officiating was NOT the difference in the game.

Harry_MAN
10-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Bunet did a good lob against wimberly. but burnet better start getting ready for 9-0 LIberty HIll cause there gettin real pumped up and they goin to play their hearts out to win that game.

Go Panthers!!!

Puppetmaster101
10-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Anyways congradulations to Wimberly for at least giving us trouble in the beginning and scoring 14 points with such a young team. As for the refs last year why dont you all watch the film again I know Burnet wouldn't be that bitter about last year's game if it was called a bit better we're not bitter over taylor beating us or bellville we got over that. But I do get suspiscous about a whole crap load of penalties called on and im taking a guess on this but 1 on them to every 6 on us. :p

CentralTxFan
10-28-2002, 08:13 PM
What I said in my post was that I agreed with someone about the officiating in Wimberley. It does suck. I NEVER said I disagreed with the calls made against Burnet. I tend to look at the games objectively and I believe, and will always believe, the calls made in Wimberley against Burnet were very ONE sided. I think Burnet deserved the calls made against them but I saw several of the same things on the Wimberley side and not a call was made. That, in my opinion, is why Burnet was so happy when Wimberley finally got a call against them. And by the way, I find it hard to believe what the newspaper said about only 7 penalties for 55 yards. I know we had 2 to total 30 almost back to back. I am pretty sure we had a 10 yard penalty so it doesn't add up. The other thing I had a problem with was when the officials did the measurement and called the wimberley player over, talked to him, and then gave wimberley the first down. That was extremely strange. In ANY game, if the officiating is fair and goes both ways then I don't have a problem with it. If a call is going to be made against one team then make the same call on the other team.

And by the way, I NEVER said there were calls that may have affected the outcome of the game, either this year or last year!

toby070
10-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Fair enough then...I have gotten the feeling that lots of Burnet fans blames the refs last year, and I just didn't see that. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, because Wimberley last year never rec'd proper respect just like Burnet isn't really getting the full respect they deserve this year.

CentralTxFan
10-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Sorry toby...I may have overreacted. But I do believe there are some problems, but maybe that is everywhere at all home games. I am not sure. I am going to start watching more closely, even our games at home. I will give you this, last year Wimberley was good, at everything. They graduated everyone and now it is other district teams turn, as it should be. I am curious as to how Wimberley's basketball season is going to be.

boxcar willie
10-29-2002, 04:26 PM
WIMBERLEY'S BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM SHOULD BE VERY COMPETITIVE. THEY WILL BE YOUNG BUT SKILLED.

boxcar willie
10-29-2002, 04:26 PM
WIMBERLEY'S BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM SHOULD BE VERY COMPETITIVE. THEY WILL BE YOUNG BUT SKILLED.