PDA

View Full Version : NFL...whos up..whos down??

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I was wondering who you think will be up from last year and who will be down? predictions? thoughts?

I think the Arizona Cardinals will get things going this year..they have the tools..time to put em to work.

I also think that Oakland will be better and SF will have a decent year.

Texans will be better and win at least half of their games

Depending on Romo, The Cowboys could be alright

Indy will be good again, but I don't think they will get it done this year (hate to say that)

New Orleans has a legit shot at the Superbowl as does San Diego.

Giants continue to struggle w/ Eli and have a new coach mid season.

Rothlesburger continues to go downhill but Parker's running game keeps them afloat.

Farve and the Pack are done, stick a fork in em.

Seattle is on the comeback trail.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
The Cowboys and Raiders battle it out all year for the number one draft pick next year, but it's not because the Cowboys stink.

The Cowboys legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.

Houston realizes that maybe Carr wasn't the biggest problem, the team goes 6-10, and finally drafts an O-lineman in the first round.

New England returns to prominence and the AFC title game, if not the Super Bowl.

Arizona takes a giant step forward, but still has another one to go.

Detroit wins a few games and starts thinking that all those WRs might finally pan out to something, only to have the team collapse in December.

The Jets surprise people once again and put together a wild-card berth.

The Giants fall flat on their faces, and Eli Manning becomes New York's public enemy number one in November after A-rod opts out of his contract.

The Rams have a bounce-back season led by Jackson, Bulger, and Holt, and the defense is just good enough to keep them in contention all year.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Cowboys and Raiders battle it out all year for the number one draft pick next year, but it's not because the Cowboys stink.

The Cowboys legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.

Houston realizes that maybe Carr wasn't the biggest problem, the team goes 6-10, and finally drafts an O-lineman in the first round.

New England returns to prominence and the AFC title game, if not the Super Bowl.

Arizona takes a giant step forward, but still has another one to go.

Detroit wins a few games and starts thinking that all those WRs might finally pan out to something, only to have the team collapse in December.

The Jets surprise people once again and put together a wild-card berth.

The Giants fall flat on their faces, and Eli Manning becomes New York's public enemy number one in November after A-rod opts out of his contract.

The Rams have a bounce-back season led by Jackson, Bulger, and Holt, and the defense is just good enough to keep them in contention all year. LOL EXCELLENT!! I agree w/ EVERYTHING but the Cowboys contending for the Super Bowl. Very good my friend!

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL EXCELLENT!! I agree w/ EVERYTHING but the Cowboys contending for the Super Bowl. Very good my friend!

and I think we know why we disagree on that issue...this is my current desktop background on my computer:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/photo_gallery.cfm?id=178C4750-0ADB-CEEA-F60658DAE3A7921F

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:10 PM
and I think we know why we disagree on that issue...this is my current desktop background on my computer:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/photo_gallery.cfm?id=178C4750-0ADB-CEEA-F60658DAE3A7921F LOL..you homer. :p I guess I could buy into the Cowboys making a fun IF..and only if Romo comes out and proves to me hes the QB that some think he could be.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Arizona was going to make strides...until they lost two starters today, most likely for the year. This could hurt their progress.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Arizona was going to make strides...until they lost two starters today, most likely for the year. This could hurt their progress. dang...I had not heard? Got any details?

Old Tiger
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Arizona was supposed to be up the last 2 years but they have disappointed so I will say no.

San Francisco will be up.

Cowboys will stay even.

Pittsburgh will be up.

New England will be even more up.

Darkhorse of the league will be the Texans

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
dang...I had not heard? Got any details?

I just thought the same thing and checked it out on espn.com...a starting tackle and linebacker both went down with injuries...I'm not sure how big of a difference this will make since the line and linebackers haven't exactly been a strength of the Cardinals the last five years anyway...

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Darkhorse of the league will be the Texans

what do you mean by that? You think they'll do better than the 5-11 that a lot of people have them pegged for, or are you thinking of them in terms of last year's Saints?

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I just thought the same thing and checked it out on espn.com...a starting tackle and linebacker both went down with injuries...I'm not sure how big of a difference this will make since the line and linebackers haven't exactly been a strength of the Cardinals the last five years anyway... I was fixing to do the same. Hmmm....shouldn't affect their ability to score points....which I think AZ is going to be alot better at this year...question is...can they outscore the other team?

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I was fixing to do the same. Hmmm....shouldn't affect their ability to score points....which I think AZ is going to be alot better at this year...question is...can they outscore the other team?

if Edge rebounds, they'll be in good shape...if he plays like he did last year, the Cardinals have no hope.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
what do you mean by that? You think they'll do better than the 5-11 that a lot of people have them pegged for, or are you thinking of them in terms of last year's Saints? I think they'll be better if that O-line is sured up....but if hes on the same wavelength as me...he means they'll ruin a few people's day...i.e. Jacksonville last year (twice), Indy, etc. Beat a team theyre not supposed to beat.

carter08
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I think they'll be better if that O-line is sured up....but if hes on the same wavelength as me...he means they'll ruin a few people's day...i.e. Jacksonville last year (twice), Indy, etc. Beat a team theyre not supposed to beat.

The O-Line will be pretty decent.

Flanagan, if healthy, is a top center.
Pitts is turning into one of the better guards in the league.
Weary is solid.
The tackles worry me. Winston should be good on the right side, but the LT position is weak.

CelinaCatFan
08-13-2007, 06:52 PM
This year proves to be good for the Cowboys. They make it to the Superbowl and get Darren McFadden with the #1 pick in next April's NFL Draft (thanks to having the Browns #1 pick).

In addition to the Cowboys, the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl (beating Dallas 28-21 for the title).

JasperDog94
08-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Dallas has a tough schedule this year. I hope they do well. They should. We shall see.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
This year proves to be good for the Cowboys. They make it to the Superbowl and get Darren McFadden with the #1 pick in next April's NFL Draft (thanks to having the Browns #1 pick).

In addition to the Cowboys, the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl (beating Dallas 28-21 for the title). come on CatFan....lets get a neutral non-homer breakdown. :D

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2007, 09:18 AM
come on CatFan....lets get a neutral non-homer breakdown. :D

He said that the Patriots would beat the Cowboys...geez...what more do you want? :D

NDFootball
08-14-2007, 11:11 AM
The Chargers will realize firing Marty wasn't such a good move after all. Norv Turner will take the team out of Super Bowl contention...

The Patriots will be good as always. Indianappolis will be good but won't win it again.

If McNabb can get back to full speed the Iggles should be good again (although it pains me to say that)

The Cowboys could go either way based on Tony Romo I'm gonna go on and say another 9-7 season...just because they find a way to disappoint me every year.

The Browns won't go anywhere, even with Quinn who will start midway through the season once the losses start piling up.

The Redskins can't buy a championship although they try every year.

The Raiders will never be good as long as Al Davis is the head coach in disguise. (same could be said for JJ)

The Saints will have all the tools to get the Super Bowl offensively but will they choke is the question.

The Giants will be a possible wild card team

The Cardinals won't be as good as some think, they are Detroit part Deux

Detroit? HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Bengals could be good but the players always get in some kind of trouble...I know they're not all bad but they need a more disciplined team.

The Titans will fall b/c VY chose to be on the madden cover...i'd put money on it.

My pick for the Super Bowl:

Pats and Cowboys or Saints

bulldogman06
08-14-2007, 11:59 AM
San Diego, New Orleans, Indy, and NE will all have great years. Cowboys too, but depends on how Romo does. if carr steps in at carolina he will surprise some people. and as much as this hurts to say, if aaron rodgers starts at green bay, they will do a lot better. brandon jackson looks good. detroit will be alright, so will arizona, give them both another year. cleveland is on the rise, but dont expect too much this year. it needs to be quinns team before anything serious starts happenin. texans will fall, schaub is a downgrade from carr. THEY NEED A LINE! san fran should have a good year, and it would not surprise me if seattle gets destroyed this year. the darkhorse is cincy, can they keep their players outta jail and stay consistent? if so, they will win it all. oh, and this is a crazy guess, but stephen jackson is gonna have a better year than LT (I got jackson on my fantasy team, so heres hopin)

burnet44
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Arizona was going to make strides...until they lost two starters today, most likely for the year. This could hurt their progress.

no kidding
the Bidwell hex is in full gear
He will never win
And he really dont wanna

burnet44
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Dont put money on the Saints
its 3-13 schedule that gave them the 10-6 record last year
and 3 wins vs TB and Cleveland
playoffs maybe
but they are not as good as last years recod makes them out to be
and yes I know they played the 3-13 year on the road

They play in a weak South Division Region 4

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
The Chargers will realize firing Marty wasn't such a good move after all. Norv Turner will take the team out of Super Bowl contention...

The Patriots will be good as always. Indianappolis will be good but won't win it again.

If McNabb can get back to full speed the Iggles should be good again (although it pains me to say that)

The Cowboys could go either way based on Tony Romo I'm gonna go on and say another 9-7 season...just because they find a way to disappoint me every year.

The Browns won't go anywhere, even with Quinn who will start midway through the season once the losses start piling up.

The Redskins can't buy a championship although they try every year.

The Raiders will never be good as long as Al Davis is the head coach in disguise. (same could be said for JJ)

The Saints will have all the tools to get the Super Bowl offensively but will they choke is the question.

The Giants will be a possible wild card team

The Cardinals won't be as good as some think, they are Detroit part Deux

Detroit? HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Bengals could be good but the players always get in some kind of trouble...I know they're not all bad but they need a more disciplined team.

The Titans will fall b/c VY chose to be on the madden cover...i'd put money on it.

My pick for the Super Bowl:

Pats and Cowboys or Saints

9-7 for the boys but possibly the Super Bowl??? Wow...you really are setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 12:58 PM
how many 9-7 have played in the SB?
1?
Just a guess

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 01:26 PM
9-7 for the boys but possibly the Super Bowl??? Wow...you really are setting yourself up for a major disappointment. THANK you crzy....I keep seeing all of these picks for the Cowboys in the Superbowl...I'm thinking to myself "either these guys have all been sitting around sharing the peace pipe, are MAJOR homers, or have to be joking." Cowboys may be improved...but are nowhere NEAR Superbowl ready.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I dont know
they may be contenders
it doesnt take as much to get to the SB as it used too
look at the Bears last year
NO QB and they made it
free agency has players going everywhere
hard to build a TEAM and backups are non existant
all the money is in the starters
why not
they are about as good as anybody else
or just as bad

Parity helps teams that suck
the following teams have NO CHANCE at the SB

AFC
Miami
Cleveland
Houston
Oakland

NFC
Washington
Giants
Green Bay
Detriot
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
Atlanta
Arizona
San Fran

who does that leave?
17 teams with a maybe?

granted
Indy
NE
SD
Baltimore
Denver

look good

but there is no look good team in the NFC
who would put money on the Bears?

so why not
the Cows
aint like they are any worse athan anyone else in the NFC

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
THANK you crzy....I keep seeing all of these picks for the Cowboys in the Superbowl...I'm thinking to myself "either these guys have all been sitting around sharing the peace pipe, are MAJOR homers, or have to be joking." Cowboys may be improved...but are nowhere NEAR Superbowl ready.

I don't take issue with him predicting SB as much as I do that he predicts they'll go 9-7 and make the SB...if the Boys go to the Super Bowl, Tony Romo is a Pro Bowler and the team goes at least 11-5.

If they're 9-7, they're not making the Super Bowl.

I have had the Saints losing to the Pats since draft day, but I'm a little down on the Saints right now and having to find another team. But as far as all the Cowboys to the Super Bowl picks, the NFC stinks...that's where I think most of them are coming from.

pirate4state
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
THANK you crzy....I keep seeing all of these picks for the Cowboys in the Superbowl...I'm thinking to myself "either these guys have all been sitting around sharing the peace pipe, are MAJOR homers, or have to be joking." Cowboys may be improved...but are nowhere NEAR Superbowl ready.

Cowboys RULE!! Peace pipe - classic! I'll get back to you with the "whos up/whos down" deal.

Chris Hart
08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
If the Cowboys don't at least make the NFC Title game this year, IMO, the Boys will be underachieving. I am somewhat of a homer, but they should have beaten Seattle in the playoffs last year. The Bears were next in line and I think the Boys would've beaten them and been in the NFC Title game last year, had it not been from a freak play(Romo bobble). I'm not sure Dallas could've beat the Saints or Eagles in the Title game or not, because they really struggle against those style of teams. The point is, Dallas was within striking distance of the SB last year, and have improved significantly since last year via free agency and a good draft. I expect the Boys to at least make the NFC Title game, but a Superbowl berth/win wouldn't shock me at all. I genuinely think they have the team to get it done this season....

DDBooger
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
you think it would be acceptable to have a bobble toy for Romo, only instead of his head it was his hands? :confused:

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
you think it would be acceptable to have a bobble toy for Romo, only instead of his head it was his hands? :confused:

I have a Tony Romo bobblehead in my office right now...and his hands look fine! :D

piratebg
08-15-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm thinking the Cowboys go either 12-4 or 10-6 and take the NFC East with ease. Their should be no reason for them to finish worse. The Bears will dominate their division again, but they won't get anywhere near the Super Bowl. The Saints will be kick some butt again and take the South. In the West, I like the Rams and the Niners. Alex Smith will finally come out of shell and lead his team to a Wildcard birth at least.

In the AFC it's all about New England and Indy. Personally, I like the more balanced Patriots. San Diego will have good year but fall to one of the above teams. I think the Texans will find a way to squeeze in the first round this year. Denver will be my suprise team in the AFC. Now that he has a partial season under his belt, Jay Cutler is going to some good things.

crzyjournalist03
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm thinking the Cowboys go either 12-4 or 10-6 and take the NFC East with ease. Their should be no reason for them to finish worse. The Bears will dominate their division again, but they won't get anywhere near the Super Bowl. The Saints will be kick some butt again and take the South. In the West, I like the Rams and the Niners. Alex Smith will finally come out of shell and lead his team to a Wildcard birth at least.

In the AFC it's all about New England and Indy. Personally, I like the more balanced Patriots. San Diego will have good year but fall to one of the above teams. I think the Texans will find a way to squeeze in the first round this year. Denver will be my suprise team in the AFC. Now that he has a partial season under his belt, Jay Cutler is going to some good things.

beware the Eagles in the NFC East...Donovan McNabb has shown before that he can win without a stud cast around him (so long as he doesn't have a cast on himself)...I look for a ton of McNabb to Brown touchdowns this year, and they'll fight it out all season long.

If you have the Texans sneaking into the playoffs, I don't know how you don't call them your surprise team...if Houston gets a wild card berth, even its own fans will be surprised.