PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Will be a starter by mid season and with an O-line..something he didnt have in Houston...he will dominate....write it down. :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Will be a starter by mid season and with an O-line..something he didnt have in Houston...he will dominate....write it down. :cool:

I'm going to jump on this wagon too, I was telling my dad the exact same thing today. Delhomme is done for, I'm just pissed that Dallas didn't get Carr. I heard the Oregon St. quarterback did well though. (I'm not a Romo fan)

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm going to jump on this wagon too, I was telling my dad the exact same thing today. Delhomme is done for, I'm just pissed that Dallas didn't get Carr. I heard the Oregon St. quarterback did well though. (I'm not a Romo fan) ya know...I used to catch myself actually yelling at the radio "you gotta be kidding me" and such mess. The local media here in Houston LOVED to bash on Carr..talk about how horrible he was. I am STILL in disbelief that all of these so-called "sports analysts" would not point the finger at that joke of an O-line. OF COURSE THE GUY COULDNT GET OFF A PASS!! It STILL drives me nuts...and if they think Schaub is the answer..and they havent sured up that line...its gonna be even worse...as hes MUCH less mobile than Carr was.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 01:25 AM
ya know...I used to catch myself actually yelling at the radio "you gotta be kidding me" and such mess. The local media here in Houston LOVED to bash on Carr..talk about how horrible he was. I am STILL in disbelief that all of these so-called "sports analysts" would not point the finger at that joke of an O-line. OF COURSE THE GUY COULDNT GET OFF A PASS!! It STILL drives me nuts...and if they think Schaub is the answer..and they havent sured up that line...its gonna be even worse...as hes MUCH less mobile than Carr was.

Yeah, no kidding. It's like blaming Iraq for what happened on 9/11. Not trying to make it political, but it's the most fitting analogy I could think of.

injuredinmelee
08-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Carr came out of a program that didnt fface the stiffest of competition each week. The media fell in love with the kid in colllege and he became a sentimental pick for McNair and his new franchise becasue they thought he would sell tickets. Carr has proved nothing in his collegiate or Professional career. Maybe he had it but i thinkthe years he spent laying on his back in Houston took it out of him. While Delhomme is getting long in the tooth we might actually see Carr starting by midseason but he probably wont make much of a difference in the win loss column.

You know that there were terrorist training bases in iraq right gary?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Carr came out of a program that didnt fface the stiffest of competition each week. The media fell in love with the kid in colllege and he became a sentimental pick for McNair and his new franchise becasue they thought he would sell tickets. Carr has proved nothing in his collegiate or Professional career. Maybe he had it but i thinkthe years he spent laying on his back in Houston took it out of him. While Delhomme is getting long in the tooth we might actually see Carr starting by midseason but he probably wont make much of a difference in the win loss column.

You know that there were terrorist training bases in iraq right gary?

As I said, I wasn't really trying to get political about it, but I'm well aware of the situation that was going on in Iraq before and after Sept. 11, and if you want to discuss it shoot me a PM and we can talk, but some people can't have civilized discussions on here about politics and that's shameful considering how many adults are on here. (Not saying it's you, either, ;).)

themsu97
08-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Carr will have to work through his mental issues and happy feet that came from getting bashed every time he dropped back... once that happens, and actually getting to sit on the sideline and learn a little, will help him immensely

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm going to jump on this wagon too, I was telling my dad the exact same thing today. Delhomme is done for, I'm just pissed that Dallas didn't get Carr. I heard the Oregon St. quarterback did well though. (I'm not a Romo fan)

what is it exactly that you don't like about Romo?

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
OF COURSE THE GUY COULDNT GET OFF A PASS!!
Kind of hard to do from flat on your back. :doh:

Macarthur
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I too think Carr will end up being a very good pro QB.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
what is it exactly that you don't like about Romo?

Mostly the fact that he's extremely overrated and he choked when the game was on the line....

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Mostly the fact that he's extremely overrated and he choked when the game was on the line....

I don't know what you think he's rated, but I don't get why people find him overrated. He is an above average NFL QB right now. Not a Brady or Manning, but not a Tavarias Jackson, Trent Green, or Ben Roethlisberger.

as far as "choking", people forget that HE is the reason that the team was in position for the field goal. HE was the one who got them to the playoffs, and HE was the main reason that they led most of that game. I just don't buy dropping a field goal snap as choking...especially when he ended up inches away from a first down as opposed to falling on the ball like most players would have done.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't know what you think he's rated, but I don't get why people find him overrated. He is an above average NFL QB right now. Not a Brady or Manning, but not a Tavarias Jackson, Trent Green, or Ben Roethlisberger.

as far as "choking", people forget that HE is the reason that the team was in position for the field goal. HE was the one who got them to the playoffs, and HE was the main reason that they led most of that game. I just don't buy dropping a field goal snap as choking...especially when he ended up inches away from a first down as opposed to falling on the ball like most players would have done.

See, you proved the reason that I don't like him, because HE wasn't the reason for all of that. They were a decent team with Bledsoe as a quarterback, and they were an even better but still decent team with Romo. Romo has a huge supporting cast and for him not to do any better with it than he did is really disappointing, and in my eyes indicative of what kind of player he really is.

rockdale80
08-13-2007, 10:58 AM
See, you proved the reason that I don't like him, because HE wasn't the reason for all of that. They were a decent team with Bledsoe as a quarterback, and they were an even better but still decent team with Romo. Romo has a huge supporting cast and for him not to do any better with it than he did is really disappointing, and in my eyes indicative of what kind of player he really is.

Just a question. If a player comes in for the last half of a season and doesnt turn the team completely around in his first 7-8 starts is he a flop? Just asking because I didnt him really getting much playing time before last season. I think if he stinks it up this year that would be a better indication.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Just a question. If a player comes in for the last half of a season and doesnt turn the team completely around in his first 7-8 starts is he a flop? Just asking because I didnt him really getting much playing time before last season. I think if he stinks it up this year that would be a better indication.

True...I have been quick to kick him to the curb, but I just don't think he's that great and there are a lot of other QBs in the league who are better, and yes, this includes Vince Young even though I don't particularly care for him that much.

NDFootball
08-13-2007, 12:04 PM
True...I have been quick to kick him to the curb, but I just don't think he's that great and there are a lot of other QBs in the league who are better, and yes, this includes Vince Young even though I don't particularly care for him that much.

Any shot VY had at making it big in the NFL are done-zo

...they put him on the MADDEN COVER :eek: he will never be the same

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Any shot VY had at making it big in the NFL are done-zo

...they put him on the MADDEN COVER :eek: he will never be the same

I think VY is, was, and always will be overrated, but that's just my opinion.

NDFootball
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I think VY is, was, and always will be overrated, but that's just my opinion.

:D i agree sir, but even if he's not overrated the madden curse is upon him

Bull's-eye
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
IMO, the Texans jumped the gun by drafting Carr. That draft was a very weak draft for QB's. They could of drafted DE Julius Peppers, then wait a year for a better QB class and end up with somebody like Carson Palmer.

I'm curious to see how Carr will be with a so called better line. IMO, the Texans line had improved and Carr just wasn't cutting it. (Why would the Texans just release him?). The Texans could easily blame their receiving corp, besides Johnson, who else is consistantly getting open? I heard where several players said that Schaub brings leadership qualities that this team has been missing. Reading between the lines, that's saying Carr wasn't much of a leader.

NDFootball
08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
(Why would the Texans just release him?).
these are same folks that took mario williams over reggie bush :D

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 12:20 PM
(Why would the Texans just release him?)

It's all about the $$$$$. Carr hadn't performed like a #1 pick, so the Texans didn't want to pay #1 money.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 12:23 PM

True that.

Bull's-eye
08-13-2007, 12:23 PM

You make a great point, but some of those smart teams didn't have any interest in Carr. If he was that good, teams would of tried to get him in a trade. :confused:

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
You make a great point, but some of those smart teams didn't have any interest in Carr. If he was that good, teams would of tried to get him in a trade. :confused:

and it's not like the Panthers snatched him up the first day he was cut...teams had plenty of time to talk with him if they were interested.

Fal44
08-13-2007, 12:29 PM

:clap:

NDFootball
08-13-2007, 12:34 PM

hmm maybe, or they were waiting for him to be released so they didn't have to give up anything extra. i can't comment too much on carr b/c i didn't see the texans alot on tv except when they'd play the cowboys or on rare instances.

BTEXDAD
08-13-2007, 01:32 PM

bbde, i think real reason u dislike Romo is because he's dating Carrie Underwood and you're not.

At least I guess he's still dating her.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
bbde, i think real reason u dislike Romo is because he's dating Carrie Underwood and you're not.

At least I guess he's still dating her.

That has nothing to do with it, suprisingly. Plus, why be bitter towards him when I've never even met Carrie? If I did, it would be all over for poor Tony.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Kind of hard to do from flat on your back. :doh: exactly my point! His line affored him no time to get a pass off before he was smacked to the turf.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

At least I guess he's still dating her. ah, thats crap...I don't like Romo either. I think hes got an over-inflated ego, is a bit overrated..and will be exposed this year once D coordinators get some film on him. That is all.

g$$
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM

I will take that bet. Yes, he had a poor supporting cast in Houston but David contributed to the problems as well. He is a terrific athlete but lacks leadership skills & heart. He stares down receivers & has a low release too. He is destined to be a career back-up. Delhomme may not be great but he is better than Carr. Just read the comments from current Houston players concerning Carr (leadership, 1st to leave everyday, had trouble dealing with criticism, etc.). Kubiak thought he could fix him & found out otherwise. Kubiak has a pretty good track record too btw w/ qbs (Plummer, Young, etc.)

1 preseason game does not mean a thing. I have nothing against the guy personally but sure don't believe in him either. He had 5 years...& the results were not good, bad team or not. It was time for a change & the jury is out on Matt Schaub. I think the Texans will be improved, say 7 wins. I have faith in Kubiak & Rick Smith to right the ship after Casserly/Capers regime drove it into the ground. Time will tell.

g$$
08-13-2007, 01:57 PM
IMO, the Texans jumped the gun by drafting Carr. That draft was a very weak draft for QB's. They could of drafted DE Julius Peppers, then wait a year for a better QB class and end up with somebody like Carson Palmer.

I'm curious to see how Carr will be with a so called better line. IMO, the Texans line had improved and Carr just wasn't cutting it. (Why would the Texans just release him?). The Texans could easily blame their receiving corp, besides Johnson, who else is consistantly getting open? I heard where several players said that Schaub brings leadership qualities that this team has been missing. Reading between the lines, that's saying Carr wasn't much of a leader.

Exactly.

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
ah, thats crap...I don't like Romo either. I think hes got an over-inflated ego, is a bit overrated..and will be exposed this year once D coordinators get some film on him. That is all.

What has he done to show he has an ego

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I will take that bet. Yes, he had a poor supporting cast in Houston but David contributed to the problems as well. He is a terrific athlete but lacks leadership skills & heart. He stares down receivers & has a low release too. He is destined to be a career back-up. Delhomme may not be great but he is better than Carr. Just read the comments from current Houston players concerning Carr (leadership, 1st to leave everyday, had trouble dealing with criticism, etc.). Kubiak thought he could fix him & found out otherwise. Kubiak has a pretty good track record too btw w/ qbs (Plummer, Young, etc.)

1 preseason game does not mean a thing. I have nothing against the guy personally but sure don't believe in him either. He had 5 years...& the results were not good, bad team or not. It was time for a change & the jury is out on Matt Schaub. I think the Texans will be improved, say 7 wins. I have faith in Kubiak & Rick Smith to right the ship after Casserly/Capers regime drove it into the ground. Time will tell. hold on hoss...nobody said I was basing my call on one preseason game. My call is based on the fact that Delhome is worn out, and Carr will shine behind a decent O-line. If you take a look at their roster...You've got Delhome who is 32..isnt getting any younger...Carr, then some kid from Prairie View A&M...Dalton Bell, and another from Northwestern...Brett Basanez. This means a couple of things to me...they either haven't planned past the end of their nose for the "future" or they have their plan, and the plan is David Carr possibly?? I still think Carr is a starter by mid-season. Sorry, but I just don't agree w/ you on this one g$$.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
What has he done to show he has an ego hey, let me ask you something alright? when you meet someone, or see someone who goes about things in a certain way...do you not form an opinion based on that persons actions, words, body language, etc. ? I have formed an opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Who are you the "You better like Tony Romo or else" police?

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
It's all about the $$$$$. Carr hadn't performed like a #1 pick, so the Texans didn't want to pay #1 money.

They actually paid him like the #1 lick, then picked up his option for 2 more years & a bunch of millions. That money still counts this year towards the salary cap after his release (& no one wanted him in trade either). So, he was paid & didn't perform. It was time for a change for both parties.

As for selecting Williams over Bush/Young/etc., I have no explanation for that other than stupidity. Williams still can't get off blocks or rush the passer & seems to be a bust so far. Looks like TARZAN & plays like JANE!

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
hey, let me ask you something alright? when you meet someone, or see someone who goes about things in a certain way...do you not form an opinion based on that persons actions, words, body language, etc. ? I have formed an opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Who are you the "You better like Tony Romo or else" police?

uhhh it was more me asking if you had seen something that showed he had an ego, nothing more nothing less..Are you the I take something asked out of context and act like a jerk police?

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
They actually paid him like the #1 lick, then picked up his option for 2 more years & a bunch of millions. That money still counts this year towards the salary cap after his release (& no one wanted him in trade either). So, he was paid & didn't perform. It was time for a change for both parties.

As for selecting Williams over Bush/Young/etc., I have no explanation for that other than stupidity. Williams still can't get off blocks or rush the passer & seems to be a bust so far. Looks like TARZAN & plays like JANE! I don't think anyone will ever understand that pick. My explaination...the ole man has alzheimers!

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:07 PM
hold on hoss...nobody said I was basing my call on one preseason game. My call is based on the fact that Delhome is worn out, and Carr will shine behind a decent O-line. If you take a look at their roster...You've got Delhome who is 32..isnt getting any younger...Carr, then some kid from Prairie View A&M...Dalton Bell, and another from Northwestern...Brett Basanez. This means a couple of things to me...they either haven't planned past the end of their nose for the "future" or they have their plan, and the plan is David Carr possibly?? I still think Carr is a starter by mid-season. Sorry, but I just don't agree w/ you on this one g$$.

And I am basing my opinion on 5 years too, bad team or not. Elite players make a difference no matter what the odds (that does not mean they win the Super Bowl either, but they make a difference). Carr NEVER showed that type of skill or leadership.

On that roster, he may get a shot. That does not make him a star either in that case. Carolina wins with defense & a few plays by Steve Smith. Carr is not the answer. I will take that bet every time.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:07 PM
uhhh it was more me asking if you had seen something that showed he had an ego, nothing more nothing less..Are you the I take something asked out of context and act like a jerk police? LOL...yeah, I have seen something that makes me think Romo has an over-inflated ego...I thought that'd be obvious by the fact that I SAID it. Who are you, the "I've never been able to grasp the obvious" police?

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And I am basing my opinion on 5 years too, bad team or not. Elite players make a difference no matter what the odds (that does not mean they win the Super Bowl either, but they make a difference). Carr NEVER showed that type of skill or leadership.

On that roster, he may get a shot. That does not make him a star either in that case. Carolina wins with defense & a few plays by Steve Smith. Carr is not the answer. I will take that bet every time. oh don't get me wrong...I never said he was the "answer"...but I think he will be a good QB behind a decent line given the chance...and I think he gets his chance this year....and me saying so is based on nothing more than a gut feeling and the fact that Delhome is getting up in age, and hasn't looked good in a few years now.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
LOL...yeah, I have seen something that makes me think Romo has an over-inflated ego...I thought that'd be obvious by the fact that I SAID it. Who are you, the "I've never been able to grasp the obvious" police?

care to explain?

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:12 PM
LOL...yeah, I have seen something that makes me think Romo has an over-inflated ego...I thought that'd be obvious by the fact that I SAID it. Who are you, the "I've never been able to grasp the obvious" police?

usually when somene makes a statement like that, they back it up with Whe I met him they were a jerk, or things that person says in the media shows his ego, not just a general so and so has a bad ego

Because right now I can say YOU are a pompus jerk simply because instead of expaining your stance, you have instead chided me for asking a simple question to understand why you felt the way you did about someone. So you have taken a simple question from someone wanting to be informed by a statement you made and turned it into this

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:12 PM
care to explain? are you freakin kidding me? GET OFF OF ROMO'S JOCK! I don't like the guy. In MY opinion, hes got an over-inflated ego. I'm not the only one who thought/thinks so. It was the talk of ESPN radio for weeks, and I tended to agree, still do. Have a good day.

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:13 PM
What has he done to show he has an ego

I like Romo ok as a qb, but I also think he likes himself too (I don't think he's a bad guy). He has not met a camera or interview he doesn't like. Just watch him on the sidelines. He came from nowhere & is relishing the spotlight. Now he has to perform up to the hype. Dallas is desperate to find a qb they can hang their hat on after Carter, Bledsoe, etc. (Guess I just miss the steady & stoic leader Troy Aikman; he let his play do the talking.)

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:13 PM
usually when somene makes a statement like that, they back it up with Whe I met him they were a jerk, or things that person says in the media shows his ego, not just a general so and so has a bad ego

Because right now I can say YOU are a pompus jerk simply because instead of expaining your stance, you have instead chided me for asking a simple question to understand why you felt the way you did about someone. So you have taken a simple question from someone wanting to be informed by a statement you made and turned it into this its the same as you thinking I am a "pompus jerk" ...because you are entitled to your opinion. PERIOD.

Macarthur
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM

You lost all credibility there. You do realize that VY was the lowest rated passer in the entire league last year?

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I like Romo ok as a qb, but I also think he likes himself too (I don't think he's a bad guy). He has not met a camera or interview he doesn't like. Just watch him on the sidelines. He came from nowhere & is relishing the spotlight. Now he has to perform up to the hype. Dallas is desperate to find a qb they can hang their hat on after Carter, Bledsoe, etc. (Guess I just miss the steady & stoic leader Troy Aikman; he let his play do the talking.)

THANK you for giving me a reason to what you think and not just looking for a reason to be a punk when someone asks you WHY.

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
its the same as you thinking I am a "pompus jerk" ...because you are entitled to your opinion. PERIOD.

No actually you have proven that...and all i was asking is why you thought Romo was that way, yet you for some reason decide to act like you did.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Tony might be talkative, but I've honestly never heard him say one thing where I thought he was getting arrogant. He's never talked trash or made big promises, but if you ask him a question, he'll give an opinion. They're arrogant or overrated if they talk to the media a lot; they're selfish and stuck up if they don't talk to the media.

Geez...athletes are like moderators. Damned if they do; damned if they don't.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
btw g$$, I wasn't taking issue with anything you said, just talking in general terms of how people view athletes...I actually don't disagree with anything you said, I just happen to fully believe that he will live up to all the hype.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:20 PM
THANK you for giving me a reason to what you think and not just looking for a reason to be a punk when someone asks you WHY. here is the problem and why I acted like a "pompas jerk" ....the fact that you think anyone OWES you an explanation about any opinion they may have reguardless if you asked or not. That being said, I'm sorry I acted like a jerk....what I said towards you was really aimed to be more of a ribbing in jest than a poke in the eye w/ a sharp stick. I don't like Romo. He is cocky, comes off as vain to me in some interviews, etc. etc. I really don't think hes good enough to be cocky just yet. He hasn't really proven anything to me just yet. I want to see him have success throughout an entire season, keep his composure, prove he is a leader...THEN he can be a little cocky. Until then, I think the guy has an ego.....I believe he thinks hes alot better than he has shown so far. He's got alot to prove in my opinion before he can carry himself around the way he does and act like a superstar. I hope that sheds some light on things for you a bit. I don't want any "enemies" around here. Just don't come into one of my threads and demand an explanation from me like I'm one of your children and we'll be fine. :)

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
They're arrogant or overrated if they talk to the media a lot; they're selfish and stuck up if they don't talk to the media.

Geez...athletes are like moderators. Damned if they do; damned if they don't.

I believe there is a happy medium too. Cordial to the press while also not being a media hound. But that's just me...

I prefer actions on the field to lots of talking in the press. Romo is walking that line right now from the things I have read & seen. More power to him IF he gets it done on the field.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
No actually you have proven that...and all i was asking is why you thought Romo was that way, yet you for some reason decide to act like you did. no, you asked me because you did not agree.

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:22 PM
no, you asked me because you did not agree.

REALLY..Where does it say that in my post? Where does it say that anywhere on this board?

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:22 PM
btw g$$, I wasn't taking issue with anything you said, just talking in general terms of how people view athletes...I actually don't disagree with anything you said, I just happen to fully believe that he will live up to all the hype.

Oh yeah, just good conversation. Never thought otherwise.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You lost all credibility there. You do realize that VY was the lowest rated passer in the entire league last year?

Yes, I'm well aware of this, but he's an athlete and can make plays with his feet. I think he's not a fundamentally better quarterback, just a better football player in general.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:24 PM
REALLY..Where does it say that in my post? Where does it say that anywhere on this board? I assumed it, just like you assumed I owed you any kid of explaination whatsoever on my opinion of Tony Romo.

g$$
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, I'm well aware of this, but he's an athlete and can make plays with his feet. I think he's not a fundamentally better quarterback, just a better football player in general.

Agreed. VY can will his team to victory even with his flaws as a "prototype" qb. He just gets it done. We have all witnessed this many times.

I do believe though as his career progresses that he will have to improve as a passer. His legs cannot carry him forever. As the old saying goes, that dog chasing a car will get run over at some point. It's the NFL & there are lots of fast, hard hitting guys. How much he improves will in the end tell the tale on VY.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. VY can will his team to victory even with his flaws as a "prototype" qb. He just gets it done. We have all witnessed this many times. I'm anxious to see how he comes out and does this year. I don't know whether to expect a leveling off of sorts...or if it'll continue to be up and down w/ highlight reel material being the high. CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I assumed it, just like you assumed I owed you any kid of explaination whatsoever on my opinion of Tony Romo.

hang on man...I think this is getting taken a little too far...

if you're going to throw out statements like you did, you should expect people to ask why you say that. If you then state it's just your personal experience, you give yourself the cheap "just because" excuse. If I started a thread that said "I don't like IHStangFan," people would ask why. If you don't want to be asked why, don't post on a public forum.

You are totally entitled to your personal opinion, but if you don't want to share it, then keep it all to yourself and don't make statements that you don't feel comfortable expounding on.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
hang on man...I think this is getting taken a little too far...

if you're going to throw out statements like you did, you should expect people to ask why you say that. If you then state it's just your personal experience, you give yourself the cheap "just because" excuse. If I started a thread that said "I don't like IHStangFan," people would ask why. If you don't want to be asked why, don't post on a public forum.

You are totally entitled to your personal opinion, but if you don't want to share it, then keep it all to yourself and don't make statements that you don't feel comfortable expounding on. LOL..whos taking it too far? I'm pretty sure I explained myself AND apologized a few pages back.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't you just love how everyone can appreciate the opinions of others? I think it's stupid how everyone has to always try to prove that their opinion is more correct than somebody elses. As for me, you're not going to convince me to like tomatoes, because I don't like tomatoes, or for me to like to listen to rap or opera or polka, because I don't like those music genres. Come on people, have a little respect.

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I assumed it, just like you assumed I owed you any kid of explaination whatsoever on my opinion of Tony Romo.

I never assumed anything..I asked how so..If you wouldhave said, just a feeling you have, or I dont know why, I just do, then I would have been fine with the answer, but for some reason you turned into being sarcastic and attacking off of a simple question to a simple statement you made.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Don't you just love how everyone can appreciate the opinions of others? I think it's stupid how everyone has to always try to prove that their opinion is more correct than somebody elses. As for me, you're not going to convince me to like tomatoes, because I don't like tomatoes, or for me to like to listen to rap or opera or polka, because I don't like those music genres. Come on people, have a little respect. LOL...right...the mentality here is "what?!?! you dont agree w/ me or see it my way...well I wanna know why and you BETTER tell me because you owe it to me by the fact that you stated it!!!!" people around here freak out when you don't see things their way, then they get bent outa of shape...and for the most part won't just agree to disagree. Kinda silly.

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Don't you just love how everyone can appreciate the opinions of others? I think it's stupid how everyone has to always try to prove that their opinion is more correct than somebody elses. As for me, you're not going to convince me to like tomatoes, because I don't like tomatoes, or for me to like to listen to rap or opera or polka, because I don't like those music genres. Come on people, have a little respect.

I was not asking him to prove it, I was curious to why he felt that way,,and respect works both ways, I never dissrespected him by asking who he thought that

If you tell me you dont like tomatoes, I would ask why..not trying to change you, but curious to know if it was taste, or texture or some other eason..not to convert, but to understand

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I never assumed anything..I asked how so..If you wouldhave said, just a feeling you have, or I dont know why, I just do, then I would have been fine with the answer, but for some reason you turned into being sarcastic and attacking off of a simple question to a simple statement you made. please let it go already!?!? As stated above, I have explained myself back on ..what..page 3..maybe it was 4...AND apoligzed....the only one dragging this thing on now is you.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:36 PM

I don't see where anybody was trying to prove anything...looked to me like people were asking for a basis for someone else's opinion, and once all sides had given the explanation, there was no "proving one opinion more correct than another".:confused:

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 02:38 PM
crzy....Buffy...please drop it. I EXPLAINED MYSELF AND APOLOGIZED!!! First of all, my orig. comment about the "police" was meant in jest...I'm sorry you took it as me being an ahole. Look around, I joke like that all the time, ask Rita. If we don't drop this right now, I'll have the thread locked.

Thanks...sorry for the misunderstanding/disagreement, etc.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I was not asking him to prove it, I was curious to why he felt that way,,and respect works both ways, I never dissrespected him by asking who he thought that

If you tell me you dont like tomatoes, I would ask why..not trying to change you, but curious to know if it was taste, or texture or some other eason..not to convert, but to understand

Then why is there hostility here?

BuffyMars
08-13-2007, 02:43 PM
crzy....Buffy...please drop it. I EXPLAINED MYSELF AND APOLOGIZED!!! First of all, my orig. comment about the "police" was meant in jest...I'm sorry you took it as me being an ahole. Look around, I joke like that all the time, ask Rita. If we don't drop this right now, I'll have the thread locked.

Thanks...sorry for the misunderstanding/disagreement, etc.

U never had to apologize, and I never wanted an explantion other than why you thought Romo had an ego

and here is the kicker

I AGREE 100% with your reasoning about Romo, but until I knew WHY you thought what you did, I was not going to say I agree or disagree

and I never demanded anything..You had a statement, I thought we were on here for debate and information, so I was pushing the debate a long by asking why you thought what you did.

I think you thought I was asking a loaded Q, when I was not, I was just curious to see if anyone had the same feelings I did about Romor

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Then why is there hostility here?

There isn't. :)

DaHop72
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Don't you just love how everyone can appreciate the opinions of others? I think it's stupid how everyone has to always try to prove that their opinion is more correct than somebody elses. As for me, you're not going to convince me to like tomatoes, because I don't like tomatoes, or for me to like to listen to rap or opera or polka, because I don't like those music genres. Come on people, have a little respect. I personally think your a fencepost..............."with ears".:D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
There isn't. :)

Sure there is. Just appreciate people's opinions and don't cross the line and badger them to learn how they feel. If they really want to tell you why, they would have explained it. If I said the sky is pretty today and you demanded to know why I'd probably punch you in the throat. :D

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I personally think your a fencepost..............."with ears".:D :D

my dog likes to urinate on fenceposts....:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2007, 02:49 PM
my dog likes to urinate on fenceposts....:D

Sounds like your dog and I would be having problems.

Fal44
loud voices! :cool:

IHStangFan
U never had to apologize, and I never wanted an explantion other than why you thought Romo had an ego

and here is the kicker

I AGREE 100% with your reasoning about Romo, but until I knew WHY you thought what you did, I was not going to say I agree or disagree

and I never demanded anything..You had a statement, I thought we were on here for debate and information, so I was pushing the debate a long by asking why you thought what you did.

I think you thought I was asking a loaded Q, when I was not, I was just curious to see if anyone had the same feelings I did about Romor Then thats all you had to do...give me a LITTLE insight as to what YOUR thoughts were...the way you posed your question...it DID appear to be loaded...hence why I tried to kinda (and maybe a little too smartbutt) josh w/ you to maybe jog loose a little more info. Guess I should have just asked YOUR opinion. Thats just me in a nutshell though Buff, a little bit on the smartbutt side, but all in all, outgoing and like to exchange ideas and thoughts here. Misunderstanding at its finest right here. I did not mean to ruffle feathers. I apoligize again. I read you wrong, you read me wrong. No harm no foul on this end. I usually enjoy your insight when I happen to stumble across it

DaHop72
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
my dog likes to urinate on fenceposts....:D It might have a "shocking" experience if it urinated on "the" fencepost.:devil:

crzyjournalist03
Sounds like your dog and I would be having problems.

meh, I don't think you're my dog's type anyway....

IHStangFan
my dog likes to urinate on fenceposts....:D crzy...I cant help but wonder....(here goes ME asking something and don't really expect an explanation)....why is it anytime I get into a discussion, disagreement, etc. w/ anyone around here...its always YOU that "comes to their rescue" Do you have something against me, or do you just like confrontation?

pirate4state
08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey, 3 pages and no reported posts!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FANTASTIC!!! :)

Things are looking up.

I think you all missed an important thing - David Carr is much HOTTER than Tony Romo!! :inlove: HAHAHAHA

Now, back to your squabbles, errrrrrr debate.

DaHop72
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Things are looking up.

I think you all missed an important thing - David Carr is much HOTTER than Tony Romo!! :inlove: HAHAHAHA

Now, back to your squabbles, errrrrrr debate. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :kiss:

burnet44
08-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Things are looking up.

Now, back to your squabbles, errrrrrr debate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/nowhining.allowed.jpg

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM

Things are looking up.

Now, back to your squabbles, errrrrrr debate. ya know, last year I was at a local burger joint up the street and there was a guy at the soda machine, as he turned around he bumped into me and said excuse me, he looked out from under his hat which he had pulled real low and it was David Carr. I just looked at him like "I know who you are, but I wont make a big scene" and said "no problem" I remember being shocked at how skinny he was...probably a 28in waist...but he was in very good shape...probably the only way he could get hit like he did and survive.....I mean he was SKINNY!

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
crzy...I cant help but wonder....(here goes ME asking something and don't really expect an explanation)....why is it anytime I get into a discussion, disagreement, etc. w/ anyone around here...its always YOU that "comes to their rescue" Do you have something against me, or do you just like confrontation?

honestly, I'm sorry if you feel that I single you out. I have never made a conscious effort to attack anyone. I actually do not remember another single instance when I've "taken a side" against you...although that definitely doesn't mean that I haven't. I've seen this board through many changes over the years, and have been involved in certain things behind the scenes that very few people even know about--including some of the forum's moderators. I have taken up issue with many people over the years, but I've never held a grudge against any of them.

Perhaps I misunderstand your sense of humor sometimes, but I assure you I in no way mean to confront you constantly. Heck, I even took a stand for you several days ago when you were gone against some people who were upset with you in some private messages.

More than anything, I just don't like seeing people go off on other people for simple things like asking a question or voicing a different opinion. I think that sometimes, when two people get into a dispute on this board, they're best served by having an outsider give his take on what's going on, because quite often, intent doesn't come across very well when something is actually posted. A poster can mean one thing, and it can come out sounding completely different, angering another poster. The line between what you read and how it would sound if you said it verbally are a difficult thing to express in a written medium.

You have apologized for that and even voiced your sorrow that it was misinterpreted, so I have no hard feelings whatsoever, and I would like to apologize to you if you feel that I have had a vendetta against you either in the present or in the past, because I assure you that is not the case.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
honestly, I'm sorry if you feel that I single you out. I have never made a conscious effort to attack anyone. I actually do not remember another single instance when I've "taken a side" against you...although that definitely doesn't mean that I haven't. I've seen this board through many changes over the years, and have been involved in certain things behind the scenes that very few people even know about--including some of the forum's moderators. I have taken up issue with many people over the years, but I've never held a grudge against any of them.

Perhaps I misunderstand your sense of humor sometimes, but I assure you I in no way mean to confront you constantly. Heck, I even took a stand for you several days ago when you were gone against some people who were upset with you in some private messages.

More than anything, I just don't like seeing people go off on other people for simple things like asking a question or voicing a different opinion. I think that sometimes, when two people get into a dispute on this board, they're best served by having an outsider give his take on what's going on, because quite often, intent doesn't come across very well when something is actually posted. A poster can mean one thing, and it can come out sounding completely different, angering another poster. The line between what you read and how it would sound if you said it verbally are a difficult thing to express in a written medium.

You have apologized for that and even voiced your sorrow that it was misinterpreted, so I have no hard feelings whatsoever, and I would like to apologize to you if you feel that I have had a vendetta against you either in the present or in the past, because I assure you that is not the case. I hear ya crzy. I know that I seem controversial at times, I just like a good ole fashioned think pot sometimes. I am a very opinionated person, and speak my mind freely. It tends to get me in trouble around here sometimes. But thats just me. I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. I just like the debate. I do feel sometimes that there are a few people around that are somewhat cliquish...that tends to set me off a bit, but I'm trying to get past it and just have fun. Thanks again man.....youre alright in my book.

burnet44
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
group huh guys
good job

and no not any of those oiled up guys that were posted before
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

g$$
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Carr will have to work through his mental issues and happy feet that came from getting bashed every time he dropped back... once that happens, and actually getting to sit on the sideline and learn a little, will help him immensely

He got sacked 2 times in 10 pass attempts Saturday night. He still has trouble reading coverages & with pocket presence it seems. He may be scarred for life after his time in Houston.

I say good riddance & best of luck to him. He is a fine Christian & seemingly good guy, but not someone I want to hitch my wagon to either.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He got sacked 2 times in 10 pass attempts Saturday night. He still has trouble reading coverages & with pocket presence it seems. He may be scarred for life after his time in Houston.

I say good riddance & best of luck to him. He is a fine Christian & seemingly good guy, but not someone I want to hitch my wagon to either. yeah...thats the only catch....what did his time in Houston running for his life do to his head. I think he gets it worked out though.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 03:51 PM
yeah...thats the only catch....what did his time in Houston running for his life do to his head. I think he gets it worked out though.

I think he may get it worked out, but I doubt he starts this year, and hope for his sake that he doesn't.

The only way he plays is if Delhomme either stinks or is injured, which in either case doesn't bode well for Carr...if he stinks, Carr takes over a bad team that is probably looking toward the future (ala Houston all over again), and if Delhomme gets hurt, Carr gets to have the same line blocking for him that already let the starter go down, and Delhomme hasn't taken near the beatings that Carr has.

burnet44
08-13-2007, 03:55 PM
"once a deer sees the headlights he becomes blinded by the light"

Yogi Berra

or

Manfred Mann's Earth Band

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I think he may get it worked out, but I doubt he starts this year, and hope for his sake that he doesn't.

The only way he plays is if Delhomme either stinks or is injured, which in either case doesn't bode well for Carr...if he stinks, Carr takes over a bad team that is probably looking toward the future (ala Houston all over again), and if Delhomme gets hurt, Carr gets to have the same line blocking for him that already let the starter go down, and Delhomme hasn't taken near the beatings that Carr has. call it a hunch...or a progressing trend...but I'm banking that Delhomme stinks. I could be way off, but I don't think that I am.

burnet44
08-13-2007, 04:01 PM
What happened there
Last 2 years everyone was talking SB for them
have they just fallen off the earth?
Injuries? trades? free agents?

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
What happened there
Injuries? trades? free agents? nah, I wouldn't say that...but history tells the story...youre right..everyone did talk SB for them....talk being the key word.

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
What happened there
Injuries? trades? free agents?

injuries...Steve Smith missed a bunch of time last year, DeShaun Foster got hurt, they lost a few of their top defenders, etc...they've been a decent team in spite of their injuries, but they're getting old in a hurry.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
injuries...Steve Smith missed a bunch of time last year, DeShaun Foster got hurt, they lost a few of their top defenders, etc...they've been a decent team in spite of their injuries, but they're getting old in a hurry. right on the money.

Bull's-eye
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
hmm maybe, or they were waiting for him to be released so they didn't have to give up anything extra. i can't comment too much on carr b/c i didn't see the texans alot on tv except when they'd play the cowboys or on rare instances.

True, but if he was that good, many teams would be bidding for his services. They wouldn't let him go to Carolina for nothing. All the teams decided he wasn't worth trading for and he wasn't worth his previous contract.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
True, but if he was that good, many teams would be bidding for his services. They wouldn't let him go to Carolina for nothing. All the teams decided he wasn't worth trading for and he wasn't worth his previous contract. point taken..but at the same time...how in the heck would you know ANYONE was any good behind that sorry excuse of a line he had to work from behind....er....run because of?

big daddy russ
08-14-2007, 12:17 AM
ya know...I used to catch myself actually yelling at the radio "you gotta be kidding me" and such mess. The local media here in Houston LOVED to bash on Carr..talk about how horrible he was. I am STILL in disbelief that all of these so-called "sports analysts" would not point the finger at that joke of an O-line. OF COURSE THE GUY COULDNT GET OFF A PASS!! It STILL drives me nuts...and if they think Schaub is the answer..and they havent sured up that line...its gonna be even worse...as hes MUCH less mobile than Carr was.
You must listen to Jerome Soloman on ESPN Radio up here. That dude's a few bricks short of a few bricks.

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You must listen to Jerome Soloman on ESPN Radio up here. That dude's a few bricks short of a few bricks. oh dude, theyre all Carr bashers up here...blows my freakin mind. Carr may not have been the best QB in the world...but who knows w/ that line. Getting pounded like that would give anyone happy feet.

Bull Butter
08-14-2007, 12:50 AM
I went to the Houston-Indy game last Christmas Eve. A game won by the Texans on a last second FG. Carr had a pretty good day, helping his team to the win. On the radio (AM 610) leaving the parking lot, instead of being happy, the commentators (Rich Lord, some other guy who's name escapes me at the moment, and the Houston Chronicle's John McClain) were all dissappointed that the Texans had won and said that Carr needed to go(despite the solid performance) Not one thing was mentioned about the O-line and it's lack of protection.

David Carr was absolutely made out to be the scapegoat for the Texans 2006 season. It's not fair what was done to him in Houston and I wish him nothing but success in Carolina!

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I went to the Houston-Indy game last Christmas Eve. A game won by the Texans on a last second FG. Carr had a pretty good day, helping his team to the win. On the radio (AM 610) leaving the parking lot, instead of being happy, the commentators (Rich Lord, some other guy who's name escapes me at the moment, and the Houston Chronicle's John McClain) were all dissappointed that the Texans had won and said that Carr needed to go(despite the solid performance) Not one thing was mentioned about the O-line and it's lack of protection.

David Carr was absolutely made out to be the scapegoat for the Texans 2006 season. It's not fair what was done to him in Houston and I wish him nothing but success in Carolina! amen Bull!! I would love nothing more than the Texans having to face Carolina w/ Carr at the helm and Carr absolutely destroy them. Sweet Justice...which I'm a big fan of :)

Darren
08-14-2007, 07:10 AM
oh dude, theyre all Carr bashers up here...blows my freakin mind. Carr may not have been the best QB in the world...but who knows w/ that line. Getting pounded like that would give anyone happy feet.

Agreed.... Carr was not the main problem.

g$$
08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
amen Bull!! I would love nothing more than the Texans having to face Carolina w/ Carr at the helm and Carr absolutely destroy them. Sweet Justice...which I'm a big fan of :)

The Texans play Carolina during the 1st month of the season. Guess we'll find out if Delhomme gets hurt or is ineffective.

Again, Carr had a poor team around him BUT he contributed to the problems as well with his play & lack of leadership. He had 5 years guys...& showed very little as the franchise qb. Good riddance & best of luck to him in Carolina.

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The Texans play Carolina during the 1st month of the season. Guess we'll find out if Delhomme gets hurt or is ineffective.

Again, Carr had a poor team around him BUT he contributed to the problems as well with his play & lack of leadership. He had 5 years guys...& showed very little as the franchise qb. Good riddance & best of luck to him in Carolina. Partly agree. He DID have 5 yrs...behind a pathetic line. He got smashed constantly...that alone can contribute to the happy feet, etc. that Carr displayed late into it at Houston. I imagine its probably prety hard to focus on being a leader when the only thing you can tell your team is what the turf tastes like. I think in the right system early...Carr could have been something. I still think hes somewhat salvagable.

g$$
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Partly agree. He DID have 5 yrs...behind a pathetic line. He got smashed constantly...that alone can contribute to the happy feet, etc. that Carr displayed late into it at Houston. I imagine its probably prety hard to focus on being a leader when the only thing you can tell your team is what the turf tastes like. I think in the right system early...Carr could have been something. I still think hes somewhat salvagable.

It is common knowledge that David Carr was the among the 1st to leave the complex daily after practice. This has been reported many times & even now some players have commented on it. No extra film study or just hanging out with teammates for a while. Joe Montana even stopped by the complex 2 years ago while in Houston & wanted to speak with Carr. He was long gone a few minutes after practice. Montana said he could not believe the team leader would do that - & it happened regularly.

IMO, that is no way to win over your teammates. He never wanted to be one of the guys, & as the franchise qb that is very important. Yes, he got beat up every Sunday behind an awful line. He also contributed to the problems himself. Punters & kickers can do that, but not the franchise qb.

IHStangFan
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It is common knowledge that David Carr was the among the 1st to leave the complex daily after practice. This has been reported many times & even now some players have commented on it. No extra film study or just hanging out with teammates for a while. Joe Montana even stopped by the complex 2 years ago while in Houston & wanted to speak with Carr. He was long gone a few minutes after practice. Montana said he could not believe the team leader would do that - & it happened regularly.

IMO, that is no way to win over your teammates. He never wanted to be one of the guys, & as the franchise qb that is very important. Yes, he got beat up every Sunday behind an awful line. He also contributed to the problems himself. Punters & kickers can do that, but not the franchise qb. agreed.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
"A QB gets too much credit when we win and too much blame when we lose"

Joe Namath?

He always reminded me of Archie Manning
or Ben Garaza

"Run for your life"

Bull's-eye
11-25-2007, 06:27 PM

You were right about being a starter by mid-season (due to injury), but he has been terrible, even has a worst QB rating than with the Texans. Today, playing against the Saints, Carr was 10-for-22 for 95 yards and two INTs. He was replaced by Matt Moore in the fourth quarter, although the crowd had been calling for him since before halftime.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2007, 08:19 PM
It's fun to go back and check some predictions by our fellow posters. Several predicted that Carr would do really good in Carolina and others thought Carr just wasn't that good of a QB. Carr has really struggled and actually has a worst QB rating than he had playing with the Texans.

g$$
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$

1 preseason game does not mean a thing. I have nothing against the guy personally but sure don't believe in him either. He had 5 years...& the results were not good, bad team or not. It was time for a change & the jury is out on Matt Schaub. I think the Texans will be improved, say 7 wins. I have faith in Kubiak & Rick Smith to right the ship after Casserly/Capers regime drove it into the ground. Time will tell.

I'm still sticking to what I said way back. Got booed off field today, 2 more picks, & less than 100 yds. He is awful, period. And never will be anything more than a back-up before out of league altogether. But hey, he's rich & his hair & white gloves look great! ;)

Bull's-eye
11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm still sticking to what I said way back. Got booed off field today, 2 more picks, & less than 100 yds. He is awful, period. And never will be anything more than a back-up before out of league altogether. But hey, he's rich & his hair & white gloves look great! ;)

You definately would of won that bet, the funny thing is some of those posters were really knocking Romo. I kind of got tired of everybody blaming the Texans offensive line, when Carr wasn't getting the job done.

g$$
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
You definately would of won that bet, the funny thing is some of those posters were really knocking Romo. I kind of got tired of everybody blaming the Texans offensive line, when Carr wasn't getting the job done.

Agreed Bull. Good stuff.