PDA

View Full Version : HEY ALL!, Let's get some scouting reports!!

IHStangFan
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna try and see if I can get my eyes on some Needville practices this week. Anyone planning on doing the same...taking an early look at their teams? Lets hear about it!

burnet44
08-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Celina looks good
oh wait everyone know that
Lorena needs help
Connally will be better
LE may need a kicker
Cameron has looked good and should be better

IHStangFan
08-12-2007, 11:27 PM
so youve already seen some practices? I'm just very curious about Needville due in large part to the preseason hype. We'll see what we're workin with here soon.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
remember linemen are more important than backs

IHStangFan
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
remember linemen are more important than backs yup...I'm curious to see how we work as a unit more than anything. By looking at last year's roster, we're not overly large at any position. Pretty much average sized kids. We've got a couple of 6'3, 6'2, handful over 200lbs w/ the roster showing 237 as our big guy. This is last year's roster however. Well crap...have a look:

http://classroom.needvilleisd.com/webs/football/varsity_roster.htm

pirate4state
08-12-2007, 11:36 PM
i was up at the field yesterday morning, but i was so busy selling shirts that i didn't even get to really watch the "scrimmage" :(

hopefully, next week i'll be able to really watch :D

mustang04
08-12-2007, 11:38 PM

wait a minute....maybe to an EXTENT...the linemen can HELP with getting the back through the line of scrimmage....and thats it

burnet44
08-12-2007, 11:39 PM
lot of misdirection
throw it if you can?
you probably wont line up and knock people off the ball
traps
wing t
slot t
double wing
nasty slot
unbalanced slot w backside end
fool people a lot
make em shift

IHStangFan
08-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm finding myself wondering which one of these Blue Jays backs is supposed to have the 4.4 speed...is it one of the little guys, or is it one of those 200 pounders? hmmm. This has me very curious....I mean...one of the smaller guys would be really shifty...but at the same time...200lbs w/ that kinda velocity and momentum would be hard to take down. Interesting.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
wait a minute....maybe to an EXTENT...the linemen can HELP with getting the back through the line of scrimmage....and thats it

dude ever hear of downfield blocking?
turns a 10 yard gain to 50
and if you dont get to the line of scrimage
you lose yards
ever hear of blocking backside pursuit?
ever hear of blocking force people?
ever hear of blocking front side gap control?
ever hear of blocking lateral level players?
trust me no line men no chance
even the best backs need help

one vs 11 aint good

and yes people find your weakest lineman or linemen
and stunt to take advantage
plus you only do certain things with weak linemen
its easy to scout

mustang04
08-12-2007, 11:58 PM
dude ever hear of downfield blocking?
turns a 10 yard gain to 50
and if you dont get to the line of scrimage
you lose yards
ever hear of blocking backside pursuit?
ever hear of blocking force people?
ever hear of blocking front side gap control?
ever hear of blocking lateral level players?
trust me no line men no chance
even the best backs need help

one vs 11 aint good

and yes people find your weakest lineman or linemen
and stunt to take advantage
plus you only do certain things with weak linemen
its easy to scout

did i EVER say they weren't important??? i know how important linemen are....but if you had to pick the best lineman over the best RB...which would you pick?

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:00 AM

one vs 11 aint good

no crap sherlock.....but thats never the case, cuz just to have bodies on the field who suck horribly is better than nothing

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
lineman
I can make a back
linemen are harder to make

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:02 AM
no crap sherlock.....but thats never the case, cuz just to have bodies on the field who suck horribly is better than nothing

lol
Ive seen some 1 vs 11
its not pretty
funny but not pretty lol

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
lineman
I can make a back
linemen are harder to make

and how do you figure that.....linemen nowadays are IMHO nowhere near as athletic as they used to be, because they want big bodies for pass protection

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
lol
Ive seen some 1 vs 11
its not pretty
funny but not pretty lol

and when have you seen this "1 vs 11"???

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:05 AM
ya know, I was just looking at stats....and Needville had the second lowest points scored agaisnt in the district at 161 second only to Sweeny's 131....although, Needville actually scored more points for than Sweeny. Here's the breakdown....I'd guess both of their lines are going to be okay District 24 breakdown for 2006:

TEAM W-L-T PF PA
Sweeny 8-2-0 264 131
Wharton 7-3-0 306 266
Columbia 6-4-0 303 187
Needville 7-3-0 295 161
Brookshire 3-7-0 209 367
Colmubus 3-7-0 185 282
Sealy 1-8-0 170 253
Stafford 1-8-0 144 305

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:11 AM

dude
you said run lol

I can find anyone to run through a hole
finding people to make holes is a lot harder
and pass pro? please
with all the 2 step and gun stuff
just cut em and throw it
thats all you need with that spread stuff

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:13 AM
[B]dude
you said run lol

B]

huh???

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
and when have you seen this "1 vs 11"???

many time lol
Covington vs Bosqueville 2001
Covington had 1 kid at rb
got killed
no passer
no linemen
no blocking
no chance

everytime the poor kid got the ball
he got hit with a bee hive full of Bosqueville defenders
I hope coach fed him on the way home
he deserved it
I hope he lived through the season
He was all they had

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the title of this thread wasn't "lets break down the game from a coaching standpoint" It was more about scouting your teams, and discussing what you've seen. Lets toss some stats around, how do YOU think YOUR team will pan out? Key losses? Were the holes filled over the summer? Any move in? Seen anything special outa any of the neighboring schools? Come on guys..if yall wanna compare schwarts...go do it in your own thread. :doh:

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
huh???

read you post dude and put down the beer

step away from the Coors lol

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm pretty sure the title of this thread wasn't "lets break down the game from a coaching standpoint" It was more about scouting your teams, and discussing what you've seen. Lets toss some stats around, how do YOU think YOUR team will pan out? Key losses? Were the holes filled over the summer? Any move in? Seen anything special outa any of the neighboring schools? Come on guys..if yall wanna compare schwarts...go do it in your own thread. :doh:

haha...ic your schwartz is as big as mine

ummmm, we should be really good again, have alot of experienced players who have won the regional championships and made it to nationals, alot of good receivers and great secondary as well, have 4 guys who could be great QB's

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:17 AM

I hope palestine lost a bunch
man they had some studs last year
and some of them didnt even start

they should have won it all

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:19 AM
burnet...I agree...Palestine is always loaded. I remember a friend of mine who grew up there was telling me "remember the name Adrian Peterson" when the kid was only a junior.

mustang...sounds like the makings of a good season!

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
haha...ic your schwartz is as big as mine

sorry you know that dude lol

have won the regional championships and made it to nationals

?

what regionals?
nationals? track?
?
what nationals?

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM

mustang...sounds like the makings of a good season!

yeah....we should be intramural champs once again!!!

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:23 AM
burnet...I agree...Palestine is always loaded. I remember a friend of mine who grew up there was telling me "remember the name Adrian Peterson" when the kid was only a junior.

peterson only went one round I believe maybe 2
Im telling ya palestine should have won it
If we dont beat them
they kill West Columbia
they would have beat Ingleside whatever to 0
and beat LE 35-14 or so

but that didnt happen
Im telling ya
they were by far the better team
just not for one night thank god

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:24 AM
there was an intramural team called
Go Nads Go

Ill probably get hollared at for that
but its true
they werent too bad

mod gods and gary
please delete this post if found offensive
thank you

mustang04
08-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Go Nads Go

but its true
they werent too bad

mod gods and gary
thank you

hmmmm.......i think i heard the name.....

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Go Nads Go

but its true
they werent too bad

mod gods and gary
thank you LOL...Macon, Georgia, late 90s....they had a minor league hockey team called the "Macon Whoopie"

On the Ingleside note....Ingleside was small, no real QB (he moved to Comfort...take a look at how they do this year)...we basically had 3 running backs, one taking snaps. It is amazing what Hesseltine gets outa those kids. State semis...reguardless of the outcome is respectable. Ingleside has had more talent in the past and gone 2-8. A good coach is 85% of a successful program. Ingleside will continue to do well as long as Coach H is there. Every year now since hes gotten there I say to myself "goodness...what are we gonna do this year, we lost so and so, and so and so...and we're better each year for 3 or 4 years now running. Anxious to see what he does this year w/ the Mustangs.

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:37 AM
he did a good job with what he had
just wasnt much

We had another guy real cool hispanic guy
he would sign up for 12 hrs to play intramural football
had to be a full time student to play
then he dropped classes lol
never went to class
just played intramural football
great guy and good
his name on the back of his jersey " Mes Kin"
great guy and he could drink Lone Star like it was water

Wonder where he is now?

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:40 AM
he did a good job with what he had
just wasnt much

We had another guy real cool hispanic guy
he would sign up for 12 hrs to play intramural football
had to be a full time student to play
then he dropped classes lol
never went to class
just played intramural football
great guy and good
his name on the back of his jersey " Mes Kin"
great guy and he could drink Lone Star like it was water

Wonder where he is now? well, we'll take our State Semis finish and be proud of it even though it's "not much" :)

burnet44
08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I meant he didnt have as much to work with as others

"he did a good job with what he had
just wasnt much"

I did see a good coaching job
just didint have the horses

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:48 AM
I meant he didnt have as much to work with as others

"he did a good job with what he had
just wasnt much"

I did see a good coaching job
just didint have the horses nope....we are historically undersized and only have speed once in a blue moon...not to mention depth wise everyone is in Sinton's shadow in that district. They always field twice as many kids as anyone else. Ingleside's Zach Adams was short for a WR ...listed at 5'9" but I think he was more like 5'7" at best, although he DID weight 195+. he was more of a RB that could catch the ball. They SAY he was 4.4 type speed...not sure how much of that I believe, but I know he was pretty fast. Ingleside's problem is, has always been, and will continue to be lack of a real QB. We have guys that can "get it done" somewhat, but we don't have a "WATCH OUT FOR THAT GUY" kinda QB. RB wise this year...I think they'll be undersized. Not real sure. WR..I'm not sure where they stand...Adams and Johnson are gone. I'm sure Hesseltine will pull a rabbit outa his hat....he always does, and I'm tired of betting against him. He's proved me wrong 3 years in a row now. I think they'll still be one of the teams to beat outa Reg. IV, but I'm not sure how much that is really saying considering Reg. III this year.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Speakin of Reg. III though....I am going to bust my butt to see Giddings when they play Bellville and I am also gonna try to see WOS, as I think they are the real deal this year. I'm saying it now...WOS will make a deep run.

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm sure some have been chomping at the bits for this info. :D Overall, I thought our guys looked to be more solid than the same time last year. The ones filling holes may not be 100% where they will need to be to repeat, but after 5 days practice, I thought they looked good. :cool:

JR2004
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Sure are. Inexperienced players and just bad line play on both sides of the ball last year hurt Madison greatly. It was nice having Shawnbrey, but his line in front of him just never came together all season.

Hopefully on defense they'll have something resembling that 2005 front four on defense with Richards in there. When they don't need their LB's to rush the passer they're darn good on D. When they do need them to, their D looks like it did last year. Line play is the most important thing on both sides of the ball.

buff4life
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Speakin of Reg. III though....I am going to bust my butt to see Giddings when they play Bellville and I am also gonna try to see WOS, as I think they are the real deal this year. I'm saying it now...WOS will make a deep run.

hey i'll be there...

Fal44
08-13-2007, 02:22 PM
well we look pretty good for the first few days.. Are line should be pretty good with the project starters at 5'9 295, 6'0 255. 5'7 270, 5'8 260. 5'6 280... The line was our promblem last year but is looking very good in the few practices we had...Secondary is our strong point we our very deep in the position. We have a few quick WR and one very fast RB.

we should do alright this upcoming season.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
well we look pretty good for the first few days.. Are line should be pretty good with the project starters at 5'9 295, 6'0 255. 5'7 270, 5'8 260. 5'6 280... The line was our promblem last year but is looking very good in the few practices we had...Secondary is our strong point we our very deep in the position. We have a few quick WR and one very fast RB.

we should do alright this upcoming season. don't you guys open against West Oso? I can't remember for sure.

zebrablue2
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
did i EVER say they weren't important??? i know how important linemen are....but if you had to pick the best lineman over the best RB...which would you pick?

best lineman any day. an average running back can make all kind of yards with a good line. a very good running back, above average will not make the whole season, because someone will put his lights out with no blocking.

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
best lineman any day. an average running back can make all kind of yards with a good line. a very good running back, above average will not make the whole season, because someone will put his lights out with no blocking. agreeed somewhat...but the same can be said the other way around....a great back behind an average line will be alright as well. You guys seem to only be looking at one side of this....a good back behind a HORRIBLE like verses a good back behind a good line......alot of variables....I think the point here is to have a little bit of balance in your running game...a line that can make holes....and a back with enough vision, and speed to be able to exploit the holes the line makes for him. Can we all agree on that?

bobcat1
08-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Celina looks good
oh wait everyone know that
Lorena needs help
Connally will be better
LE may need a kicker
Cameron has looked good and should be better
:hand: Nobody said we looked good. Looks can be deceiving anyway. I said we will be okay. :p

BobcatBenny
08-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:hand: Nobody said we looked good. Looks can be deceiving anyway. I said we will be okay. :p
I concur, Celina will be okay. It will take some mighty fine coaching to keep them from getting beat (which we have).

Argyle might teach this team a thing or two.

I have seen the kids eyes and heard about their off field antics and to be honest if anything beats this team, it might be their own character. I just hope they wake up before some key player's season ends with a scrimmage injury.

bobcat1
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
:thinking: :confused: WTH

lion75
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Vernon Daily Record is reporting 9-10 offensive linemen vying for playing time which the coach says "is great". He says if we go all big we will average 265, but will rotate some smaller and quicker linemen in different situations. We had a move in from DFW named Deonte Martin FB/LB that has impressed. QBs Darrien Williams and Ryan Smith have both been impressive. Backfield has used combinations including Ray Daniels, Craig Whiteside, Martin, Demetrious Murray, and 3 others.

JR2004
08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
best lineman any day. an average running back can make all kind of yards with a good line. a very good running back, above average will not make the whole season, because someone will put his lights out with no blocking.

I'm taking the best lineman everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'll use Celina as an example. Their line dominated Madison's inexperienced line up front on both sides. When I talked to the kids about a week or so later, they weren't talking about the backs at all (Never mentioned a single back once, but they sure had plenty to say about Blatnick and a few others.) They said that Celina's players up front were the difference. Madison had the better back, but Celina had the better linemen on both sides and that easily won out.

Fal44
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
don't you guys open against West Oso? I can't remember for sure.

yeah we sure do...

IHStangFan
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah we sure do... Awesome! Good luck in week 1 and ignore Phil C's Howling Bear warnings. Yall will be okay :)

Fal44
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
thanks, I agree with you :D

piratebg
08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
i was up at the field yesterday morning, but i was so busy selling shirts that i didn't even get to really watch the "scrimmage" :(

hopefully, next week i'll be able to really watch :D

There was a scrimmage on Saturday? Who was it against and does anyone have any news on how the team looked?

Fal44
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
it was probably at inter-squad scrimage..

BobcatBenny
08-14-2007, 05:22 PM

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Yeah what he said......

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm taking the best lineman everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'll use Celina as an example. Their line dominated Madison's inexperienced line up front on both sides. When I talked to the kids about a week or so later, they weren't talking about the backs at all (Never mentioned a single back once, but they sure had plenty to say about Blatnick and a few others.) They said that Celina's players up front were the difference. Madison had the better back, but Celina had the better linemen on both sides and that easily won out.

But it is about coaching at this point as well. Yes we had Jamie
and Josh Ramer last year. But we have always had good lines.
Coach Elliot teaches those boys how to block and technique then puts them in position to make the play. If you are in the right position most of the time that puts the other guy in wrong place and you win.

sotxrat
08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
nope....we are historically undersized and only have speed once in a blue moon...not to mention depth wise everyone is in Sinton's shadow in that district. They always field twice as many kids as anyone else. Ingleside's Zach Adams was short for a WR ...listed at 5'9" but I think he was more like 5'7" at best, although he DID weight 195+. he was more of a RB that could catch the ball. They SAY he was 4.4 type speed...not sure how much of that I believe, but I know he was pretty fast. Ingleside's problem is, has always been, and will continue to be lack of a real QB. We have guys that can "get it done" somewhat, but we don't have a "WATCH OUT FOR THAT GUY" kinda QB. RB wise this year...I think they'll be undersized. Not real sure. WR..I'm not sure where they stand...Adams and Johnson are gone. I'm sure Hesseltine will pull a rabbit outa his hat....he always does, and I'm tired of betting against him. He's proved me wrong 3 years in a row now. I think they'll still be one of the teams to beat outa Reg. IV, but I'm not sure how much that is really saying considering Reg. III this year.

IMO - the returning qb for Ingleside is their greatest asset, he did a good job as a junior last year and he will be even better this year because of experience. His problem may come from the lack of quality receivers unless someone steps up.

Orange Grove's success in all boys sports will rest entirely with the junior class. They have been a very special class, they probably will not compare with the class of adrian alaniz's at sinton but they will be a force.

Overall I think our football district championship is up for grabs, the champ could be any of the teams.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Hey, I think we look good. But then I have always liked to see that field of orange comin at ya!!!!! Maybe I am just partial to it.

JR2004
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
But it is about coaching at this point as well. Yes we had Jamie
and Josh Ramer last year. But we have always had good lines.
Coach Elliot teaches those boys how to block and technique then puts them in position to make the play. If you are in the right position most of the time that puts the other guy in wrong place and you win.

I believe it can be and I'm sure it played a role. I saw it at Gatesville for several years when they were one of the big dogs in 3A several years back. They had a guy named Matt Dossey who was just an exceptional offensive line coach.

Madison has good position coaches on the Offensive and Defensive lines that have been there for a good while, but it really didn't matter. Celina just had better linemen that were just flat out more aggressive, moved better, were more experienced and just meaner to be honest. It was really painful watching Madison's line play most of last season after seeing how great it was in 2005 on both sides of the ball. One of the coaches said he knew the D might be in trouble from the get go after SOC had a back run for 150 in the opener. Things just never got better and Celina was the straw the finally broke the camel's back.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I believe it can be and I'm sure it played a role. I saw it at Gatesville for several years when they were one of the big dogs in 3A several years back. They had a guy named Matt Dossey who was just an exceptional offensive line coach.

Madison has good position coaches on the Offensive and Defensive lines that have been there for a good while, but it really didn't matter. Celina just had better linemen that were just flat out more aggressive, moved better, were more experienced and just meaner to be honest. It was really painful watching Madison's line play most of last season after seeing how great it was in 2005 on both sides of the ball. One of the coaches said he knew the D might be in trouble from the get go after SOC had a back run for 150 in the opener. Things just never got better and Celina was the straw the finally broke the camel's back.

Madison's big issue was just not enough bodies. As big as the school is there are probably more good athletes wanting to play basketball and not football. Still that little running back sure was fast. Just never had a hole to run thru.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Awesome! Good luck in week 1 and ignore Phil C's Howling Bear warnings. Yall will be okay :) West Oso can be a very good team if they can get more than 15 players to suit up:). Dont ignore the warning sign of "Beware of the Howling Bear"

JR2004
08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Madison's big issue was just not enough bodies. As big as the school is there are probably more good athletes wanting to play basketball and not football. Still that little running back sure was fast. Just never had a hole to run thru.

Y'all are at around 430-450 now right? Last realignment Madison was at 548 or so and that's an extremely generous number. A lot of the good athletes have been basketball only, but that's changing each year as they keep winning in football. The basketball coach just left for a posh job as the head guy in Lancaster and the football team will benefit greatly from adding two of the Flentroys as well as a few others.

I'm hoping for a varsity team that'll suit up at least 35-40 (That must sound foreign to folks from towns like Celina that always have more kids out than they know what to do with), but the likely number will be 28-29 again. It's hard to win with those numbers in 3A. They're going to need 35-40 on the varsity to take that next step. The 2005 team was probably the exception. They suited up that same number, but it was just an absurdly talented group that year that was an injured all-state middle linebacker away (One of the 3 or 4 best 3A defenses that I've ever watched. I'd put them above Gatesville's 2000 state title team's defense and that's saying a lot if you saw that defense.), in my opinion, from a state title that year.

burnet44
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM
it was probably at inter-squad scrimage..

I heard it was intrasquad from the grammor Nazi's

burnet44
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
IMO - the returning qb for Ingleside is their greatest asset, he did a good job as a junior last year and he will be even better this year because of experience. His problem may come from the lack of quality receivers unless someone steps up.

Orange Grove's success in all boys sports will rest entirely with the junior class. They have been a very special class, they probably will not compare with the class of adrian alaniz's at sinton but they will be a force.

Overall I think our football district championship is up for grabs, the champ could be any of the teams.

that cant be true
This is Sinton's district
the toughest in the state
everyone should be ranked in the top 10

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Y'all are at around 430-450 now right? Last realignment Madison was at 548 or so and that's an extremely generous number. A lot of the good athletes have been basketball only, but that's changing each year as they keep winning in football. The basketball coach just left for a posh job as the head guy in Lancaster and the football team will benefit greatly from adding two of the Flentroys as well as a few others.

I'm hoping for a varsity team that'll suit up at least 35-40 (That must sound foreign to folks from towns like Celina that always have more kids out than they know what to do with), but the likely number will be 28-29 again. It's hard to win with those numbers in 3A. They're going to need 35-40 on the varsity to take that next step. The 2005 team was probably the exception. They suited up that same number, but it was just an absurdly talented group that year that was an injured all-state middle linebacker away (One of the 3 or 4 best 3A defenses that I've ever watched. I'd put them above Gatesville's 2000 state title team's defense and that's saying a lot if you saw that defense.), in my opinion, from a state title that year.

That group from 05 was good. I just would like to see the program get some traction. They were really pretty classy last year when we played them. They never did quit out there. And they were pretty good sports at the end of the game. I have a lot of respect for the head coach. He has a lot of class.

IHStangFan
08-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat

Overall I think our football district championship is up for grabs, the champ could be any of the teams. Bottom line, the kid was taken as a soph, thrown in at QB from the RB position. Didn't pan out too well, so the third stringer stepped up and looked to be the read deal. He then mysteriously is packed up by his parants and carted off to "be closer to family" after the family had lived in Ingleside every since I was at LEAST in junior high if not before (I am 30 yrs old). So back to square one...again he is thrown in at QB and sent to QB camps, the whole nine yards. BASICALLY what I'm trying to say is the kid was never a TRUE QB...he was the best option they had at a given time. The Chrisman kid....real deal QB...watch for his numbers this year as he is at the helm of Comfort HS this year....Ingleside's QB on the other hand...If he is their greatest asset Ingleside is in trouble. Those WRs the Mustangs had last year...namely Adams and Johnson made Coffield look good...not the other way around.

Ingleside Fan
08-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Bottom line, the kid was taken as a soph, thrown in at QB from the RB position. Didn't pan out too well, so the third stringer stepped up and looked to be the read deal. He then mysteriously is packed up by his parants and carted off to "be closer to family" after the family had lived in Ingleside every since I was at LEAST in junior high if not before (I am 30 yrs old). So back to square one...again he is thrown in at QB and sent to QB camps, the whole nine yards. BASICALLY what I'm trying to say is the kid was never a TRUE QB...he was the best option they had at a given time. The Chrisman kid....real deal QB...watch for his numbers this year as he is at the helm of Comfort HS this year....Ingleside's QB on the other hand...If he is their greatest asset Ingleside is in trouble. Those WRs the Mustangs had last year...namely Adams and Johnson made Coffield look good...not the other way around.

They work well together and played off each others strengths.

Coffield will most likely get to do the running as a RB. With true QB that moved in from Florida, the Mustangs should not have a problem with QB postion. He does throw like a bullet. Our receivers have to adjust to his power. He is having a problem with the plays, but I am sure he will pick them up quick enough.

burnet44
08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
you might want to work on some D