Who do y'all scrimmage this week?

GreenMonster
08-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Perrin-Whitt

hawkfan
08-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Perrin-Whitt

I hope it is in CV, thats a pretty long drive for a scrimmage.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Perrin-Whitt

I hope they are better than they have been
I had to watch them and Frost from Pennington
Pretty ugly
They couldnt even get in the way

burnet44
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I hope it is in CV, thats a pretty long drive for a scrimmage.

who you guys got hawk?

GreenMonster
08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I hope it is in CV, thats a pretty long drive for a scrimmage. Nah, 10am Saturday in Perrin. At least we get to eat at the Green Frog in Jacksboro on the way home. If you think that one is bad then our second scrimmage will be a trek across the globe. We go to Memphis (yeah it's in Texas) to scrimmage against Claude on the 23rd. The second scrimmage was actually supposed to be at home against some private school from Dallas but I guess CV beat them so badly last year at home that they decided to tell us that was only a 1 year agreement and that they would NOT be making the trip to WF when we called to confirm earlier in the summer. We were lucky to find a second scrimmage at all.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I hate private schools
Had one renig out on the playback game the next year
had to find a first game during zero week
what a pain
UIL cant make em pay
No way play a private

There is not much in Memph phis
They were building a road through there last time I saw it
and Claude is terrible
I think they didnt finish 10 games a little while ago

You should do well the first 2 weeks
get everyone playing time

GreenMonster
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
I hate private schools
Had one renig out on the playback game the next year
had to find a first game during zero week
what a pain
UIL cant make em pay
No way play a private

There is not much in Memph phis
They were building a road through there last time I saw it
and Claude is terrible
I think they didnt finish 10 games a little while ago

You should do well the first 2 weeks
get everyone playing time

We need the help. I think we are number 4 on the statewide losing streak list right now at 27 straight. In the last 3 years City View has only won once. Things are on the rise though. New AD, new O-C, and a couple of other new guys. Attitudes are already changing. We will start a couple of fish on each side of the ball, multiple sophs, 1 or 2 juniors, and only about 3 SR's. Sophmore class down all the way through JH is talented.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 07:48 PM
you will beat Perrin and Claude
If the same guy is at Perrin
they were running the spread and it was god awful
also they had 1 Mike backer vs 2 back spread
Frost gutted them like a fish
Jerry finally quit running the trey
he had to work on something else
Moses didnt have that kind of path at the Red Sea
They have to be a little better
maybe as good as Cross Plains?

hawkfan
08-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Nah, 10am Saturday in Perrin. At least we get to eat at the Green Frog in Jacksboro on the way home. If you think that one is bad then our second scrimmage will be a trek across the globe. We go to Memphis (yeah it's in Texas) to scrimmage against Claude on the 23rd. The second scrimmage was actually supposed to be at home against some private school from Dallas but I guess CV beat them so badly last year at home that they decided to tell us that was only a 1 year agreement and that they would NOT be making the trip to WF when we called to confirm earlier in the summer. We were lucky to find a second scrimmage at all.

My AD that gave me the job here at Cross Roads was at Claude in 2001. They were actually pretty good then. I was in Memphis not to long ago. Never been in there stadium but it looks fairly nice from the outside

burnet44
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I interviewed for the HFC job at Claude a long time ago.
They wanted the basketball coach to be the AD
Yeah I turned it down
Very nice people
Weight room was a closet
But promised they were building one
Could have been a decent job with a lot of work
It just wasnt right for me and the family at that time

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Nah, 10am Saturday in Perrin. At least we get to eat at the Green Frog in Jacksboro on the way home. If you think that one is bad then our second scrimmage will be a trek across the globe. We go to Memphis (yeah it's in Texas) to scrimmage against Claude on the 23rd.
It could be worse. You could have to go to Claude! :D

(One of my dad's coaching buddies coached there for a few years. I think they're still living there.)

VWG
08-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Claude didn't finish the season either last year or the year before. Injuries had left them with very little numbers and the HC didn't want to finish the year with mostly underclassmen playing the season out. I think they forfeited their last 3 games.

GreenMonster
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Claude didn't finish the season either last year or the year before. Injuries had left them with very little numbers and the HC didn't want to finish the year with mostly underclassmen playing the season out. I think they forfeited their last 3 games. Yeah, the Memphis AD told us the AD at Claude was an odd duck. He said the guy had called to confirm that we could use the stadium for the scrimmage and that by the time he finished talking to the Claude coach the guy was almost hinting that he was still looking for a different site. We eased his fears by calling to confirm for ourselves. As for Perrin-Whitt they told us they were going to run a 50 defense and line up in the 2 back spread. Luckily we still have the tape of last year's scrimmage and noticed that they like to pull the weak side end back into an OLB and slide the rest of the front to give a 4-3 look. We've also agreed to no stunts but from what we've seen they almost always blitz out of the 4-3 look. We have an audible to check to that will really hurt them if they start that stuff this year.

VWG
08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
I noticed y'all might have some fish on varsity this year at CV. Look out for Olney to crank another stud freshman out this year. Last year was their QB, but they have another very talented athlete coming up from junior high ranks.

burnet44
08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah, the Memphis AD told us the AD at Claude was an odd duck. He said the guy had called to confirm that we could use the stadium for the scrimmage and that by the time he finished talking to the Claude coach the guy was almost hinting that he was still looking for a different site. We eased his fears by calling to confirm for ourselves. As for Perrin-Whitt they told us they were going to run a 50 defense and line up in the 2 back spread. Luckily we still have the tape of last year's scrimmage and noticed that they like to pull the weak side end back into an OLB and slide the rest of the front to give a 4-3 look. We've also agreed to no stunts but from what we've seen they almost always blitz out of the 4-3 look. We have an audible to check to that will really hurt them if they start that stuff this year.

lol ant trust coaches huh

LB stunts

Coach: "hey man I thought you said no stunts?"

Coach: " he just made a quick read?"

hawkfan
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
We've also agreed to no stunts

Be careful, We had that agreement last year with our first scrimmage and the first play their MLB comes in at 100mph.

GreenMonster
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Be careful, We had that agreement last year with our first scrimmage and the first play their MLB comes in at 100mph. we've been sending backerslike crazy all week to prepare them just in case. There are absolutely NO plans to ever tell our kids that there are no stunts. We'd rather just be prepared to handle whatever they throw at us instead.

GreenMonster
08-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Look out for Olney to crank another stud freshman out this year.

As of right now, he isn't listed on the varsity roster. That is as of today at the 1:30pm District meeting.