PDA

View Full Version : "I Wanna Go Home With the Armadillo"

Gobbla2001
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
was out at my aunt's farm last night... she has a problem with an armadillo rooting the yard of their ranch-house...

so I set up shop outside at about 10:20 with a 22 mag and a flashlight... turned on the flashlight five minutes into the hunt and there he was... I waited until he scooted away from the vehicles and laid him out...

which brings me to this question: Is it illegal to kill armadillos?

BobcatBenny
08-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
. . . which brings me to this question: Is it illegal to kill armadillos?

Better get used to bars!

Just kidding . . . :D :D :D :D

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/rehab/protected/

catman
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Most of 'em that I see are passed out drunk and lying on their backs on the side of the road.

Prolly been drinking that Shiner Bock.:D

GreenMonster
08-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by catman
Most of 'em that I see are passed out drunk and lying on their backs on the side of the road.

Prolly been drinking that Shiner Bock.:D

Gary P Nunn is sponsored by Lone Star not Shiner, duh!

catman
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Gary P Nunn is sponsored by Lone Star not Shiner, duh!

Does LS sponsor armadillos?

GreenMonster
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by catman
Does LS sponsor armadillos? The title of the thread is the same as a Gary P Nunn song.

catman
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I like that song

Phil C
08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
was out at my aunt's farm last night... she has a problem with an armadillo rooting the yard of their ranch-house...

so I set up shop outside at about 10:20 with a 22 mag and a flashlight... turned on the flashlight five minutes into the hunt and there he was... I waited until he scooted away from the vehicles and laid him out...

which brings me to this question: Is it illegal to kill armadillos?

I don't think it is legal. I called City Hall once because some squirrils got into my attic from the outside. I called City Hall and they said you can't shoot them or poison them. They said you can find out where they are getting in and then fix it where they can't. We found out that there was a hole at then vent so they were out my brother in law blocked their entrance with some wire vents.
The main thing is we were told we couldn't harm them and I prefer to do as the law says.

luvhoops34
08-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Poor little armadillo.:(

burnet44
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
They kille dthe Armadillo in Austin
I was sad

Gobbla2001
08-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't think it is legal. I called City Hall once because some squirrils got into my attic from the outside. I called City Hall and they said you can't shoot them or poison them. They said you can find out where they are getting in and then fix it where they can't. We found out that there was a hole at then vent so they were out my brother in law blocked their entrance with some wire vents.
The main thing is we were told we couldn't harm them and I prefer to do as the law says.

actually you can shoot 'em whenever... they have no season and no limit, most people just don't bother shootin' 'em unless they're hanging around deer feeders stealin' corn or destroying pecan crops...

in the city limits you can't shoot 'em 'cept with an air-rifle (pellet, bb)... maybe the poisoning is discouraged because it can be spread to other animals as well?

Gobbla2001
08-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The title of the thread is the same as a Gary P Nunn song.

Have you heard the "Reggae Armadillo" by Nunn??? I can't stand it, the live version is so, SO much better...

actually, just before pulling the trigger on that feller, Robert Earl Keen Jr's "Armadillo Jackal" was playing through my head"

"Jesus, will you send me just another three or four?
They pay two-fifty down in Halletsville, 3 dollars, maybe more.
And more than likely they'll be out tonight wonderin' from the farms
Waddlin' down 1291 to keep their bodies warm.
I'm talking walkin' belts and neckties, and boots for rodeo,
They don't run too fast, don't waste much gas. I'm makin' lots of dough.
The armadillo oh oh oh, The armadillo oh oh oh The armadillo"