PDA

View Full Version : Celina Report Part Deax

BobcatBenny
08-11-2007, 05:29 PM
On paper I thought this team would be better than last year.

Now I have seen the kids in pads.

I am not going to be a nay sayer, but I am going to need to see more before I think they can repeat or surpass last years effort.

Not to knock the home team, but I am just being honest.

What do the rest of the Bobcat fans think?

CelinaCatFan
08-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I think it is way too early to tell. Like every year, we will need some underclassmen to step up, avoid injuries and get some breaks to even repeat last year's achievement.

One encouraging sign is winning the 7-on-7 title this summer. I like what I'm seeing from our skill position players.

Just don't tell anyone about our secret weapon ;) !

44INAROW
08-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't know anything about your team, but you'll sure have a nice website! Kudos to whoever is in charge of it!

celinaorange
08-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I have been in Celina since 1973, and have been to all games since that time (except for 2)...this is the deepest team that we have had, in my opinion. And we will be better than last year. We may not go as far since I do not know how strong the other teams will be. Our kids work all summer and are far ahead of most other teams at our level from the first day of official practice. We could play a full game next week with two or three full units on both offense and defense and would appear to be in mid-season form. This is just my opinion and the only one that I am responsible for and is based on my association with the coaches and being in a position to observe most every workout. Also, in my opinion, our success is due to the constant flow of quality offensive and defensive linemen. Coach Elliott is the best line coach in the state and is the heir apparent when Butch gets ready to step down or become just Athletic Director. This line of success will continue for the next 5-6 seasons and then there is no telling what will happen as we are taken over by growth and new people who want to bring in ideas from the metro-plex, I personally want Celina to stay country and close knit, but it ain't gonna happen.

Chris Hart
08-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I am not going to be a nay sayer, but I am going to need to see more before I think they can repeat or surpass last years effort.

What do the rest of the Bobcat fans think? Sandbagger, lol

bobcat1
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I watched Saturday and we will be okay. :cool:

BobcatBenny
08-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Sandbagger, lol
:D

Gsquared
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

What do the rest of the Bobcat fans think?
Yeah, thats generally how you can tell, see em in actual action rather than on paper or hitting someone dressed in the same shirts.

bobcat1
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Yeah, thats generally how you can tell, see em in actual action rather than on paper or hitting someone dressed in the same shirts. :clap: :clap: :clap: LMAO!

Gsquared
08-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:clap: :clap: :clap: LMAO!
After last years BBQ Scrimmage, I dont think I can make it to another one. Yall tried to kill me with that bannana pudding that sat out in the sun. I lost 12 lbs that weekend and was begging for EVERYONE to shoot me between the eyes. :p

bobcat1
08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
We will have bananna pudding for you at all our playoff games and the district games in that case. ;) :speech: