PDA

View Full Version : Baby's coming soon and i've never.........

charlesrixey
08-10-2007, 10:55 PM
been there for the birth!!

any tips/guidance to this event for me as i wait for my son?

Darren
08-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Stay up near the head....

CHS_CG
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
well there are two things you can do when she asks for your hand...

1) you can hold it and let her squeeze it and hurt you
2) you can NOT hold it keep your hand safe, try to talk her through the pain and get smacked later

dont tell her to breathe... it doesnt help(trust me I know)

Most of all stay calm.. dont pass out and dont look worried bc it will only make her worry more...

My best friend and my mom were in the room with me when taylor was born and my best friend waited 6 months to tell me the cord looked like it was wrapped around her neck when she came out. Best of luck to you!

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
pay attention, be alert, and try your best to just take it all in. Once it really starts ( the last 5 to 10 minutes) it won't take long. It is truly an Earth shattering moment. Word's cannot describe what you are about to witness. There is a reason they call it the "Miracle of Birth." Don't pass out and be prepared to cry like a baby when you see the little guy or gal pop on out and give a cry.

loboes86
08-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Try not to pay to much attention to what the nurses are doing to the baby after the birth. It looks like their trying to hurt him/her and you'll want to hit them. Their really not hurting the baby.

Old Tiger
08-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I think I would be laughing at my significant other during birth.

Did you read the books? You gotta read the books.

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think I would be laughing at my significant other during birth.
Yeah, you better think again! :doh:

CR....don't pay attention to any harsh words that come out of her mouth. I'm sure she doesn't mean them. Ignore the horns that may grow out of her head. And whatever you do, do NOT let the words "Ewwwwww" or "Gross!!!!!" escape your tongue. ;)

Old Tiger
08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yeah, you better think again! :doh:

CR....don't pay attention to any harsh words that come out of her mouth. I'm sure she doesn't mean them. Ignore the horns that may grow out of her head. And whatever you do, do NOT let the words "Ewwwwww" or "Gross!!!!!" escape your tongue. ;) But then shortly after I wouldn't be laughing due to the divorce and what not. Possibly losing my manhood.

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Possibly losing my manhood.
Not a possibility, but a probability. :p

Old Tiger
08-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not a possibility, but a probability. :p oh dear...I will not laugh then! But I will laugh at the DVD that I will be recording during the birth on down the road. :D

charlesrixey
08-11-2007, 08:52 AM
well, this is the third go round for my wife; so i'm not too worried as long as every thing goes as smooth as possible

(we have two kids already, i have just had bad timing what with the war and all)

i just want to do everything i can to make it easier for her

luvhoops34
08-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Stay up near the head....

Yea, for real!

You wifes' head that is....

Don't go near the other end. I watched my grandbaby be born and I made the mistake of being right next to the Dr.

Enjoy!

luvhoops34
08-11-2007, 11:11 AM
yea, what LHPM said....:D

Try to help her thru her contractions by distracting her. Hold her hand, rub her arm, whatever she likes.

DO NOT FALL ASLEEP

Just be there for her. Take a camera so you can get plenty of pics after the baby is born.