PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?: Class of 2007

BobcatBenny
08-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I thought it might be interesting to get an update on those kids that left 3A football through graduation and now are at the colligiate level.

Jamie Blatnick is a former Bobcat that is now at OSU. It looks like he may get some playing time this year.

20 Questions with Jamie Blatnick (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1426&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=1148600)

How about any players from your favorite team?

I know the big lineman from Brownwood is at Tech . . . will he be playing? Etc. etc. . . .

44INAROW
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
off the top of my head

Cuero 2007 graduates

Kyle Noack - Mary Hardin Baylor
Fabian Olguin - Mary Hardin Baylor
Tre Gray - University of Richmond (VA)
Patrick Bell - McMurrey State
Corey Scott - Texas State
Corian Scott - Sul Ross
Gary Lewis - Sul Ross
Bo Pargmann - Sul Ross
Domingo Ruiz - A&M Kingsville
Justin Freeman - Univ of Houston

Seems like I am leaving someone off - :doh:
Good Luck to these and all the incoming Freshman - hoping and praying they all adjust to college life, resist the temptations, make good choices and "stick with it" - lots of changes for these young men.

BobcatBenny
08-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Here is an article on Lonnie Edwards from Brownsboro. He is at Tech and may be playing this year too.

Lonnie Edwards - Brownsboro (offensive line) (http://www.redraiders.com/stories/080807/foo_080807007.shtml)

I saw him play in the 3A playoffs last season at Texas Stadium.

3afan
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
McMurrey State

?

Rocket Dad
08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Cuero had 10 players to go on to play college football in one class? Is that a normal year?, if so, that is truly alot of talent in a 3A school. I would bet most 3A's average 2-3 per year that move on to college to play football.

BobcatBenny
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Cuero had 10 players to go on to play college football in one class? Is that a normal year?, if so, that is truly alot of talent in a 3A school. I would bet most 3A's average 2-3 per year that move on to college to play football.

I know, it is pretty impressive.

And two to Baylor! :D :eek: :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad

Some even chose other sports over football...

neck_06
08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Jared Flannel - Texas Tech
Jason Scott - Prarie View A&M
Justin Scott - Prarie View A&M
Kameron Edwards - East Texas Baptist
Clint Matocha - Panhandle State

lion75
08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Where is dub-c high school?

Fal44
08-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Where is dub-c high school?

west columbia...

JT44
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Some even chose other sports over football...
Domingo Ruiz will be running track for tamu-kingsville

JT44
08-11-2007, 07:28 PM
"Good Luck to these and all the incoming Freshman - hoping and praying they all adjust to college life, resist the temptations, make good choices and "stick with it" - lots of changes for these young men."

Have to agree with you, I can't stand seeing kids get to college, have a great opportunity to better themselves thru education and experiences, only to see them back in their hometown the very next spring or fall. Hopefully, this class can buck that trend.

maestro
08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
matocha was the best o lineman in the district...

cannot believe that someone close by did not sign him...

Rocket Dad
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Robinson has 5 that are playing this year from the class of 2007. However, only one of them played sports 7-12 at Robinson. The other 4 moved to Rocketland in Jr. High or High school. Typically 1 or 2 will go on each year to play college ball.

44INAROW
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
?

sorry, maybe I didn't spell it right - it's in Abilene

McMurry University
14th & Sayles Blvd.
McMurry Station Box 278
Abilene, TX 79697

oops - McMurry University.....

and I have been reminded - we have a couple of boys trying to make golf teams...... good luck to them as well

lion75
08-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Vernon has Aston Whiteside (ACU), Tyson Pope (West Texas A&M), Coryan Briggs and maybe others but I don't know who else and where.

swarm
08-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Cuero had 10 go on and play college football this year and can not win the big one. ?????????????

District303aPastPlayer
08-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Domingo Ruiz will be running track for tamu-kingsville

He's fast.

Gobbla2001
08-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by swarm
Cuero had 10 go on and play college football this year and can not win the big one. ?????????????

Cuero was a very good team, but I was better - Buse of Wimberley (not a real quote of his but easily could be)...

Cuero did beat Liberty Hill, state champs, in the regular season, so we were a state championship caliber team, but that Buse kid was amazing... we were wrapping him up, knockin' him back a couple of yards with amazing hits, but the dude does not go down... the kid is amazing, that's why we didn't get that rematch with LH in the semi's, which LH may have won... just using it as an example saying we weren't far off...

JT44
08-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Cuero was a very good team, but I was better - Buse of Wimberley (not a real quote of his but easily could be)...

Cuero did beat Liberty Hill, state champs, in the regular season, so we were a state championship caliber team, but that Buse kid was amazing... we were wrapping him up, knockin' him back a couple of yards with amazing hits, but the dude does not go down... the kid is amazing, that's why we didn't get that rematch with LH in the semi's, which LH may have won... just using it as an example saying we weren't far off...

3 reasons Cuero has not won state championship the last three years:

1. Case Keenum
2. Jeremy Kerley or maybe Shiloh Wampler
3. Michael Buse

cuero had great players over those years but their opponents star players stepped up to the challenge big time.

Gobbla2001
08-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JT44

1. Case Keenum
2. Jeremy Kerley or maybe Shiloh Wampler
3. Michael Buse

Kerley had a great game as Keenum did, but I gotta give that W to Wampler... he did what Buse did to us 'cept he came through on that last drive... that last drive he was punishing... got 'em in field-goal range and that's that...

NDFootball
08-13-2007, 01:10 PM
From Abilene Wylie

Gary Edwards- Abilene Christian University (Football/Track)
Trevor Whisenhunt- Abilene Christian University (Football)
Josh Jennings- Hardin-Simmons University (Football)

BobcatBenny
08-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
From Abilene Wylie

Gary Edwards- Abilene Christian University (Football/Track)
Trevor Whisenhunt- Abilene Christian University (Football)
Josh Jennings- Hardin-Simmons University (Football)

Well, I guess we will call them homers. :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
08-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I thought it might be interesting to get an update on those kids that left 3A football through graduation and now are at the colligiate level.

Jamie Blatnick is a former Bobcat that is now at OSU. It looks like he may get some playing time this year.

20 Questions with Jamie Blatnick (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1426&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=1148600)

How about any players from your favorite team?

I know the big lineman from Brownwood is at Tech . . . will he be playing? Etc. etc. . . .

I don't know where everybody went this year.
Jamie of course.
Dru Prosser and Austin Kessler at my old alma mater Abilene Christian.

g$$
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Sweeny's Tank Carder, now at TCU playing LB (#43)

www.killerfrogs.com

...kid has become a folk hero already after his MVP performance in the THSCA Game! Lots of stuff on there from fans. He may redshirt & he may not, depth & what's best for his future/team will determine that one.

mustang04
08-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Skye Green - Track at Texas Tech

Joseph Banyard - Football at TCU....interesting article on him, scroll down to the paragraph titled "what to expect on offense" or sumthin like that.. http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7091384

Duone Cunnings - Eastern New Mexico for football i believe

Darren
08-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
off the top of my head

Cuero 2007 graduates

Kyle Noack - Mary Hardin Baylor
Fabian Olguin - Mary Hardin Baylor
Tre Gray - University of Richmond (VA)
Patrick Bell - McMurrey State
Corey Scott - Texas State
Corian Scott - Sul Ross
Gary Lewis - Sul Ross
Bo Pargmann - Sul Ross
Domingo Ruiz - A&M Kingsville
Justin Freeman - Univ of Houston

Seems like I am leaving someone off - :doh:
Good Luck to these and all the incoming Freshman - hoping and praying they all adjust to college life, resist the temptations, make good choices and "stick with it" - lots of changes for these young men.

Alot of D3 players. They will be playing against each other very soon.

lets go UMHB

g$$
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sweeny's Tank Carder, now at TCU playing LB (#43)

www.killerfrogs.com

...kid has become a folk hero already after his MVP performance in the THSCA Game! Lots of stuff on there from fans. He may redshirt & he may not, depth & what's best for his future/team will determine that one.

Brain lock yesterday, also from Sweeny Class of 2007:

Colby Lowrie, OL, Texas A&M @ Kingsville
Tramicha Young, DB/WR, West Texas A&M @ Canyon

(if there are more please correct me...)