PDA

View Full Version : The

zeke
10-18-2003, 09:23 AM
<small>[ November 10, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-19-2003, 09:43 AM
You know it seems ashame(even last year coming off an 0-10 season and going three rounds deep in the playoffs)the Cosicana Daily Sun gave us if any coverage at all, nothing more than a box score. Nothing when the " WHEELS' are rolling fine,but a nice big article when 'THE WHEELS FALL'

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-19-2003, 09:55 AM
You know it seems ashame(even last year coming off an 0-10 season and going three rounds deep in the playoffs)the Cosicana Daily Sun gave us, if any coverage at all, nothing more than a box score. Nothing when the " WHEELS" are rolling fine,but a nice big article when "THE WHEELS FALL OFF". Give credit to Mexia, they came to play. We had a bad game. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. The "THE WHEELS FALL OFF" for half the teams in the STATE OF TEXAS every Friday night. Looking at the players after the game, I don't think they want to feel this way again. So, saying all that to say this, somebody owes these kids an apology.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Sorry about the first post, my computer thought I was finished a posted.

zeke
10-19-2003, 01:29 PM
<small>[ November 10, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Zeke, I'm not trying to gloss over anything,all I,m saying is the coverage hasn' been there any other time why print anything now. There is plenty of areas that need work. I'm the one that has gotten in trouble for telling the kids what they need to here and not what they want to here.Not trying to strir up anything,just trying to make a point.

zeke
10-19-2003, 05:56 PM
<small>[ November 10, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-19-2003, 08:25 PM
OK, we'll call it even. I didn't get in real trouble,lets just say I've been known to step on some peoples toes. That's all it ever is with me(constructive criticism).But I dont suger coat anything,but I try not to offend anyone.

cunbed10
10-20-2003, 07:46 AM
This wasn't an upset, Mexia has always been tough, through the years, so in Marlin's eye this was just Mexia, being Mexia. I hope this doesn't take away from the Fairfield faithful, one loss isn't the end of the world, we have 4, but we still believe, you Eagles had better get you head out of the ground, because there is still alot of football to be played. Marlin Bulldogs 4 losses and still striving for that elusive state championship.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Your are right cunbed10. There is 3 games left in the regular season and we are still tied for the lead. Thats what I told these kids, the sun came up Sat. morning and its not the end of the world. Just pick up the peices and go play again Friday night.Don't worry about the state rankings, in my opinion there for the fans anyway. Theres not but one state ranking that matters and thats the last one. They will be alright. Just go out on play hard and have fun. Good things will happen.

eaglefan
10-21-2003, 10:21 AM
You guys are right, that was just Mexia being Mexia. Sometimes a team has another teams number, especially in district when you've seen the same team year in and year out. This was a carbon copy game of last season in Mexia when Fairfield was up 16-7 in the first half and Roderick Promise fumbled one in the endzone that might have put the game away early. But instead Mexia made the adjustments at halftime to win the game 23-16. The next week the Fairfield Eagles came out and took care of a very tough and desperate Crockett Bulldogs squad. This week they have that same Crockett Bulldogs team that will be not only desperate for a win to keep their playoff hopes alive, but also angry about the loss from last year. Keep your eyes on Crockett, TX this week because there is gonna be a dandy of a game.