PDA

View Full Version : Two A Day's

CueroDad2006
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Anyone care to talk about how there teams Two A Day's are going?
A note from Gobbler country:

1. Big "O" line, but not much depth after starters.
2. Very young, But strong arm at QB. (soph.)"Big drop off after him".
3. Strong running game, Big Full -Back and Fast RB.with depth at both.
4. The WR's are a big drop off from last year, 5 or 6 all working to get the starts."Not any clear cut starters as of yet."
5."D" Like the past few years is very fast, Speed all around.Big Line. "But a few going both ways will hurt with a team with lots of depth on both sides."
6. Kick-Off teams will be fast. (kicker is small but strong leg inside 30")

That is my early update,anyone els care to update there teams?

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Do you REALLY consider a kicker that can get it inside the "30" as having a strong leg or is that a type-o?

Old Tiger
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Maybe a type-o

CueroDad2006
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Thats all you got "Thats all you got.

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Thats all you got "Thats all you got.

Agreed. The question was "Do you really consider getting it inside the "30" as having a strong leg or is that a type-o?" So was it a type-o or do you really think inside the "30" consists of a strong leg?

CueroDad2006
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes for a high school kid, Inside the 30 is a strong leg.If you have a kid kicking it all day long behind that,he will be at next level. Dont you think?
Not many out there that can do it that well at a 3a level. It dont count in practice,the coach will need to call your number in a game.And the one here can be called on inside the 30.

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes for a high school kid, Inside the 30 is a strong leg.If you have a kid kicking it all day long behind that,he will be at next level. Dont you think?
Not many out there that can do it that well at a 3a level. It dont count in practice,the coach will need to call your number in a game.And the one here can be called on inside the 30. I'm sorry, I was interpreting that as a kick-off. From the "30" in would indeed be solid from a HS kid on a field goal. Thanks for clarifying. That's what I needed. I've had too much sun from my own 2-a-days.

hawkfan
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm sorry, I was interpreting that as a kick-off. From the "30" in would indeed be solid from a HS kid on a field goal. Thanks for clarifying. That's what I needed. I've had too much sun from my own 2-a-days.

How are the going? How many kids showed up?

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
How are the going? How many kids showed up?

Our numbers are terrible. I think we are looking at 35-37 kids. Not sure of the true count. We've been pretty nice to them. Instead of having true 2-a-days we have had one 3 hour practice a day. That will change Monday when we go for 2 and a half in the AM and 1 and a half in the heat. With so few kids they tend to get a ton of reps and plenty of conditioning plus we didn't really want to run off any of the kids we did have by over-working them. Kids are working hard and our new system offensively is really hitting home with them. We looked really solid for our first day in pads running it. How bout your kids?

CueroDad2006
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
were are you from?

hawkfan
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Our numbers are terrible. I think we are looking at 35-37 kids. Not sure of the true count. We've been pretty nice to them. Instead of having true 2-a-days we have had one 3 hour practice a day. That will change Monday when we go for 2 and a half in the AM and 1 and a half in the heat. With so few kids they tend to get a ton of reps and plenty of conditioning plus we didn't really want to run off any of the kids we did have by over-working them. Kids are working hard and our new system offensively is really hitting home with them. We looked really solid for our first day in pads running it. How bout your kids?

I think we had high 50's with a couple that were on vacation. We hit pretty good today. We are probably going to start 3 sophs on the line. We have been going about 2 hrs and 2 hrs with a hour break in between. What kind of offense are you running? What defense

3afan
08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
i took 2 naps today ....

44INAROW
08-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Welcome back CueroDad! Is JP doing the kicking?

MarginalTalent
08-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Graham is way ahead of last year. Had about 135 out. The line gained a lot of strength and size during off-season. Offense looks crisp with 7 or 8 returners including QB, 2 WRs, and the offensive line. Defense needs work, but it's coming along. The new kid from Keller's got a really quick first step to go with his size and strength. Quote from the coach, "our two hour workout seemed like thirty minutes."

We're doing two hours of work twice in the morning and then team meetings and film work in afternoon.

charlesrixey
08-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Graham is way ahead of last year. Had about 135 out. The line gained a lot of strength and size during off-season. Offense looks crisp with 7 or 8 returners including QB, 2 WRs, and the offensive line. Defense needs work, but it's coming along. The new kid from Keller's got a really quick first step to go with his size and strength. Quote from the coach, "our two hour workout seemed like thirty minutes."

We're doing two hours of work twice in the morning and then team meetings and film work in afternoon.

Thanks for the marginal info, talent! ;)

For some reason, i think that the 'steers district is going to be very tough (not that it normally isn't)

If Graham can do well against that schedule, they will probably be my favorites to win the West.

charlesrixey
08-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Thanks for the marginal info, talent! ;)

For some reason, i think that the 'steers district is going to be very tough (not that it normally isn't)

If Graham can do well against that schedule, they will probably be my favorites to win the West.

of course, Graham always seems to exceed low expectations and falls apart in the playoffs with high expectations

hopefully that trend will end this year; they are well coached and if their defense comes together they will go even further in the playoffs

CueroDad2006
08-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Welcome back CueroDad! Is JP doing the kicking?

Yes he is doing the kicking,But dont like the idea of not anyone working against him,to make him push for his job.The kicking game has cost them three years in a row,you would think it would be something they spend alot of time on.And work as many as they can to make it something much improved.

JT44
08-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Yes he is doing the kicking,But dont like the idea of not anyone working against him,to make him push for his job.The kicking game has cost them three years in a row,you would think it would be something they spend alot of time on.And work as many as they can to make it something much improved.
he's been brought up now for 2 years to do the kicking and they always manage to find someone else to do it, first AK then SB last year, hopefully he does get a little push from some one. For the early part of the summer he and two other teammates were all taking kicks at the fields.

As far as WR position goes, I have to disagree, I think there is a chance that this group as a whole will do great things. There are two recievers that are bigger than both of last years and probably will be good possesion receivers, the juniors will be the long threats. They are no stars like Grey or Scott, but will get it done.

Also Whitington is good out of the backfield for some catches.