PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale80: just for you

g$$
08-10-2007, 04:57 PM
You have questioned my use of the word "embattled" numerous times, even telling me in PMs how stupid I am, thus the need to reply. The root word is "embattle" & I used the adjective form.

EX. embattled Texas football program after all the recent arrests...

#2 below applies

em·bat·tled (m-btld)
adj.
1. Prepared or fortified for battle or engaged in battle: embattled troops; an embattled city.
2. Beset with attackers, criticism, or controversy: an embattled legislative minority.

source: Wikipedia free dictionary

Hope that helps you!

rockdale80
08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You have questioned my use of the word "embattled" numerous times, even telling me in PMs how stupid I am, thus the need to reply. The root word is "embattle" & I used the adjective form.

EX. embattled Texas football program after all the recent arrests...

#2 below applies

em·bat·tled (m-btld)
adj.
1. Prepared or fortified for battle or engaged in battle: embattled troops; an embattled city.
2. Beset with attackers, criticism, or controversy: an embattled legislative minority.

source: Wikipedia free dictionary

Hope that helps you!

Still didnt make sense in the context you used it in.

3afan
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
ob·ses·sion /əbˈsɛʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhb-sesh-uhn]

–noun

1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

:D

MarginalTalent
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
OMG! We've become the 3A English Usage Page.

burnet44
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
dang
I better hide quick
The grammer nazi's will get me first

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
dang
I better hide quick
The grammer nazi's will get me first
That'd be grammAr. :p ;)

burnet44
08-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Like I said

ty

g$$
08-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Still didnt make sense in the context you used it in.

Then you are beyond help & that is too bad. If the adjective form of a word confuses you & 2 examples are given, what can I say? It is cut & dried right in front of you. Live in denial if you wish, but you are still flat wrong. I challenge you to ask educated, intelligent people & see who is right. I know what is correct & deep down I think so do you.

burnet44
08-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
ask educated, intelligent people

lol
On here?

g$$
08-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
lol
On here?

Sure, they are here! No big deal & lots of way more important stuff to deal with anyway.

Rockdale80: thanks for the thread about my Mom, much appreciated. Showed me a lot about you even when we have had our problems. Sincerely, g$$

Emerson1
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
ob·ses·sion /əbˈsɛʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhb-sesh-uhn]

–noun

1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

This is is the 5th definition of obsession

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/images/storypics/FBC%20FINAL%20090807.jpg

TOP: Texas A&M's Jorvorskie Lane (11) flashes the reverse "Hook 'em" sign while celebrating with teammates Billy Chavis (left) and E.J. Shankle after beating Fresno State in three overtimes. BOTTOM: Mack Brown flashes the real "Hook 'em" sign after UT rallied late past TCU.

wookinpanub
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Does Forney have a gas station?

3afan
09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
several .... :confused:

Emerson1
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I feel a lame joke coming on

JasperDog94
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
This is is the 5th definition of obsession

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/images/storypics/FBC%20FINAL%20090807.jpg

TOP: Texas A&M's Jorvorskie Lane (11) flashes the reverse "Hook 'em" sign while celebrating with teammates Billy Chavis (left) and E.J. Shankle after beating Fresno State in three overtimes. BOTTOM: Mack Brown flashes the real "Hook 'em" sign after UT rallied late past TCU. That's because Aggies are taught to hate Texas with every fiber of their being. It's taught from the day you step on campus until.....well....I guess it never stops.

Old Tiger
09-09-2007, 06:16 PM
It would look silly to have a bunch of aggies holding thumbs up

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/all-thumbs-up.jpg