PDA

View Full Version : Midland Christian

lion75
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I was wondering if thepeople of Sweetwater, Andrews, Breckenridge, Perryton, Fort Stockton, Graham and any others who have had experience with this TAPPS team is as impressed as some of my friend from Vernon were last year. I missed the game (Vernon got beat) and some of the people I talked to later said that they were the best team we played all year, including Celina. Can some of you guys give some impressions. I know Sweetwater will scrimmage them right away.

Mustangpride09
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
From what I could see they had one player. #3, that guy ran with more power than anyone ive ever seen in high school. Dont know if hes back or not.

Cameron Crazy
08-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I never heard anything about them, I have a friend that went there. But other than that thats all I know about them!

burnet44
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Lance Armstrong is the Tennis Coach lol

team pic was too big
it was very risky to post it

Saturday, August 18th
10:00
There
Sweetwater (Scrimmage)
-

Friday, August 24th
7:00
Grande
Ft. Stockton (Scrimmge)
-

Friday, August 31st
7:30
There
Andrews
-

Friday, September 7th
McMurry
Vernon
-

Friday, September 14th
There
Monahans
-

Friday, September 21st
-
-
OPEN
-

Saturday, September 29th
2:00
Grande
**Breckenridge
-

Thursday, October 4th
7:00
Boerne
Cotulla
-

Friday, October 12th
There
*Ft. Worth Christian
-

Saturday, October 20th
Grande
Perryton
-

Saturday, October 27th
Coppell
*Arlington Grace Prep
-

Saturday, November 3rd 2:00 Grande *Ft. Worth Southwest Christian -
Friday, November 9th
There
*Argyle Liberty Christian

lion75
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I've heard that TAPPS can actually recruit players from other schools whereas UIL schools are not allowed to because private schools market themselves to parents of kids in public ones. Midland Christian supposedly gets players from Permian, Lee, Odessa, and Midland.

Mustangpride09
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by lion75
I've heard that TAPPS can actually recruit players from other schools whereas UIL schools are not allowed to because private schools market themselves to parents of kids in public ones. Midland Christian supposedly gets players from Permian, Lee, Odessa, and Midland.

It's pretty wide-known that private schools can recruit.

Stownhorse
08-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Midland Christian usually puts up a good fight every scrimmage we have played them, its usually a good match.

loboes86
08-10-2007, 06:07 PM
They usually have a strong team every year. They always seem to give Monahans a good game.I beleive it was year before last that they won state with only one loss in the season.

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

Friday, November 9th
There

This one will be one to watch. These 2 teams should make for one heck of a battle.

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

Friday, November 9th
There

This one will be one to watch. These 2 teams should make for one heck of a battle.

BobcatBenny
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lion75
. . . I missed the game (Vernon got beat) and some of the people I talked to later said that they were the best team we played all year, including Celina . . .

Some . . . said they were the best you played?

Probably not too many.

Put ice on it! :rolleyes:

Don't tell me Vernon is going to let the Christians devour the Lions?

That would be fairly ironic if I remember my history correctly. :D

charlesrixey
08-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

:evillol:

MarginalTalent
08-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Should Christian schools really be playing football? With all the turn the other cheek, love thy enemy as thyself, etc. themes I'm not sure it's ethical. Plus the recruiting business. That's a little covetous isn't it?

;) ;)

Ranger Mom
08-10-2007, 11:59 PM
They were big last year! I was impressed!

lion75
08-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Some . . . said they were the best you played?

Probably not too many.

Put ice on it! :rolleyes:

That would be fairly ironic if I remember my history correctly. :D They beat us 28-7, I think. They were also Div II (equivelant of 4A) State Champions.

burnet44
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM

every time ACC would beat ET that would be the headline

'Christians eat the Lions"

course it didnt happen often lol

and for you who dont understand
ACC is Atlantic Coast Conference and ET is the Extraterrestrial

NDFootball
08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
i have a cousin that plays for midland christian

westtxfballfan
08-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Midland Christian usually fields a good-sized, athletic team. They've won 2 of the last 3 state championships in their TAPPS class. They won in 2004 with one loss (Monahans), then again last year with 3 losses (Monahans, Breckinridge, and Liberty Argyle.) They beat Liberty in the playoffs. They recruit heavily - and take a lot, IMO - from the Midland and Odessa schools. Many of the UIL coaches refuse to play them for that reason. I think this will be Monahans' last year to play them (for the fourth straight season.)

The stud running back that someone else mentioned - #3 - has started the last two years but opted to go to Permian this year BECAUSE HE HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF PLAYING! Christian picked up a junior who was competing for the starting job at RB for Lee last year before quitting, so he'll be a junior at MCHS and the coaches are high on him. Therefore, the starting RB from the last two years is going to Permian. His mom was on the Ector County ISD school board representing the OHS side of town, and moved to Permian's side so sonny could play for PHS. (She even refused to give up her seat on the school board until she was shown the rules, but that's another story.)

Lee seems to lose the most to them because of their recent down years and the number of quitters at Lee who now find it easier to go to the private school in town rather than suck it up. (They don't pay tuition if their good enough ball players.)

Snyder_TigerFan
08-11-2007, 11:26 PM
:thinking: :thinking:
Sounds to political and more about money to me.

Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Christian picked up a junior who was competing for the starting job at RB for Lee last year before quitting, so he'll be a junior at MCHS and the coaches are high on him.

So let me get this straight. The RB from Lee quit school (because he didn't get the starting position or because of trouble?), and is now a RB at Midland Christian? What is the benefit for these kids to go to MC?

I don't blame the school districts for not wanting to play them. They are playing by a different set of rules.

loboes86
08-12-2007, 07:09 AM
MC picks up kids who are good solid players that aren't starters on their 5a teams, but would be in a 3a and possiably 4a school. They recruit these kids and give them full tuition just like colleges do. I read in the Odessa paper the other day were the kid that quit MC was not going to get to play for Permian.

burnet44
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
[B Therefore, the starting RB from the last two years is going to Permian. His mom was on the Ector County ISD school board representing the OHS side of town, and moved to Permian's side so sonny could play for PHS. (She even refused to give up her seat on the school board until she was shown the rules, but that's another story.)
[/B]

Lol for sure
Eddie denied the wavier and the PAP
lol