PDA

View Full Version : Greune/ New Braunsfels

Rabbit'93
08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
oops meant gruene

Any one hanging out there this weekend? Me and some buddies arrived yesterday and staying a while.

TexDoc
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I live there. Where are you hanging out? Bubba's Big Deck? Gruene Hall?

pirate44
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Ill be there with the wife and son at schlitterbahn. cant wait.

Rabbit'93
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by TexDoc
I live there. Where are you hanging out? Bubba's Big Deck? Gruene Hall?

Went to adobe verde and the hall last night. Not sure about tonight.

Bloody mary's and margaritas for breakfast. About to go float the comal

TexDoc
08-10-2007, 01:26 PM
The deck at Bubba's may just about be under water.

If you want some local flavor, ask someone where Frieheit's is. Talk about good food. It isn't too far from Gruene

luvhoops34
08-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by TexDoc
The deck at Bubba's may just about be under water.

If you want some local flavor, ask someone where Frieheit's is. Talk about good food. It isn't too far from Gruene

I haven't eaten there in.....a long, long, time.;)

Rabbit'93
08-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Just got back to Forney after a 4 day trip. I love the river. Nice people, cold water, bikini's, colder beer.

Couple of things maybe some of you locals can help me with-

The Springs restaurant....had the absolute worst service on Friday night. 1.5 hours to get our food. The waitress was a bone head. She got orders wrong, the kitchen cooked our steaks wrong. Overall bad experience. Is it like this all the time. Noticed ALOT of young kids working. Maybe that was the problem. The mgr looked 18.

When does the float season end. I want to go back with the kids the year. We've always had real young kids but I think they can handle the Comal.

What are some of the nicer places to stay that any of you know. The place we stayed was nice but a little dated.

TexDoc
08-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Springs just re-opened after being closed for several years. They aren't managed very well and I wouldn't spend a dime there.

Pat's Place is very close to this and have very good food and doesn't cost much. It is locally owned so they have great service.

A very good place to stay is "The Other Place." They have cabins right on the Comal, on Lincoln Street across from the newer S'bahn.

burnet44
08-13-2007, 01:17 PM
excellent places