PDA

View Full Version : Where do old PMs go?

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I have two or three important PMs that I've saved over the years, but I can't seem to find them...my user panel shows that I am using 14% of my quota, but I don't see any messages in the inbox, sent folder, or message tracking when I search from the beginning...any idea where these messages could be?

3afan
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
change the setting for "Show Messages From" to "the beginning" (Upper left)

Ranger Mom
Change your "show messages from last 20 days" to the beginning.

It's on the top left of your screen in the PM page.

DaHop72
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I have two or three important PMs that I've saved over the years, but I can't seem to find them...my user panel shows that I am using 14% of my quota, but I don't see any messages in the inbox, sent folder, or message tracking when I search from the beginning...any idea where these messages could be? Use the drop down and change it from 30 days to the beginning and they should show up.

DaHop72
08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
GMTA:D :D

Ranger Mom
08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I hope we gave him enough instruction!!:p :p

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:48 AM
:mad: That's what I tried and it keeps saying "no messages"...is there a possibility that they were lost when we switched servers? on the forum page, it shows I have seven messages, but when I click "from the beginning", nothing shows!!!!

3afan
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM
take an early lunch - they'll show up after that

DaHop72
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
:mad: That's what I tried and it keeps saying "no messages"...is there a possibility that they were lost when we switched servers? on the forum page, it shows I have seven messages, but when I click "from the beginning", nothing shows!!!! Not sure if you received them or sent them but you have to change from one to the other to see them all.

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
take an early lunch - they'll show up after that

:mad: But some of those messages contain pertinent information that I want to read NOW!!!

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Not sure if you received them or sent them but you have to change from one to the other to see them all.

yep, been there, tried that...even checked the message tracking folder...I'm seven messages short.

DaHop72
08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
yep, been there, tried that...even checked the message tracking folder...I'm seven messages short. I checked mine, they are all there. I guess the system just hates you.:D :D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I checked mine, they are all there. I guess the system just hates you.:D :D :D :D

Figures...

by the way, did anybody ever notice that rockdale misspelled a word in the quote that's in your sig?

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
:mad: But some of those messages contain pertinent information that I want to read NOW!!!
Did you maybe at some point set up a folder? If not, change your default to "from the beginning". ;)

DaHop72
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Figures...

by the way, did anybody ever notice that rockdale misspelled a word in the quote that's in your sig? I did, but it's his quote so I didn't change it. :D

Ranger Mom
08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Figures...

by the way, did anybody ever notice that rockdale misspelled a word in the quote that's in your sig?

LOL!!!!!

So...you went to your sent messages page and tried the drop down to the beginning there too???

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!!!!!

So...you went to your sent messages page and tried the drop down to the beginning there too???

yup

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I just tried loggging out and logging back in, same deal...shows I have seven messages on the forum page, but when I go into user CP and check all the folders "from the beginning" there's nothing there.

Old Tiger
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Is there anyway you can make it where it doesn't automatically save sent messages?

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Do moderators or administrators have access to members' PMs? I need help. :(

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Do moderators or administrators have access to members' PMs? I need help. :( I know mods don't...sorry. :(

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I know mods don't...sorry. :(

I noticed on the "message tracking" system that when I clicked beginning it said "there are no posts from the last 1000 days"...does that mean that "the beginning" only covers the last 3 1/2 years? That could be part of my problem.

Ranger Mom
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I noticed on the "message tracking" system that when I clicked beginning it said "there are no posts from the last 1000 days"...does that mean that "the beginning" only covers the last 3 1/2 years? That could be part of my problem.

It could be....you have PM's saved from that far back????:eek: :eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It could be....you have PM's saved from that far back????:eek: :eek: :eek:

as I mentioned, they were very important ...I don't know if they were more than 1000 days or not, but they were a couple of years.

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
as I mentioned, they were very important ...I don't know if they were more than 1000 days or not, but they were a couple of years.

if they were very important you should have copy & pasted them somewhere else :p :p

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I have something from September 2005. :eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
if they were very important you should have copy & pasted them somewhere else :p :p

well, I assumed that "from the beginning" meant from the beginning...

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
well, I assumed that "from the beginning" meant from the beginning...

uh oh you ASSumed :p :kiss:

Did you have fun at the game last night? How was traffic? Did you eat some nachos?

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
uh oh you ASSumed :p :kiss:

Did you have fun at the game last night? How was traffic? Did you eat some nachos?

wow...that was a loaded post...

yeah...I guess we know what that makes me...

Had a blast! Took over an hour to get there, but we made it to our seats just before the coin toss. Leaving was bad in the parking lot, but there was zero traffic on the highway once we got out of the lot...total trip hom was only about 20-30 min.

Checked out the nachos and they looked overhyped...I asked what came on them and the guy says "cheese, chili if you want it, jalapenos if you want it, and pico." $7.50...you can get the same nachos anywhere else (minus pico which I don't care for anyway) for like $5.00 at a stadium.

So I tried a BBQ sandwich, which I got screwed on b/c they brought it out and it was basically a bun that had the meat all on the outside of it because it was gooey. They didn't have forks, so they offered to take it back and get me one that wasn't so messy. When I got back to my seat, I realized that all they'd done was put it in new foil and thrown the meat out, so I was basically eating a soggy bun with barbecue sauce with just a hint of meat. So then I bought a chili dog, forgetting they don't have eating utensils, but I managed to escape with only a small mess.

Did get a Tony Romo bobblehead from one of the stores...it looks just like him, unlike most bobbleheads. Took some pictures, but didn't have a chance to load them last night...maybe I'll get them up over the weekend.

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
back to the thread though...those messages HAVE to be somewhere right? I mean they still show up at the bottom of the forum page that I have them, and my box shows that it's 14% full...maybe it's the company computer that's freaking it out...

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 11:03 AM
wow...that was a loaded post...

yeah...I guess we know what that makes me... ;)

Had a blast! Took over an hour to get there, but we made it to our seats just before the coin toss. Leaving was bad in the parking lot, but there was zero traffic on the highway once we got out of the lot...total trip hom was only about 20-30 min.

Checked out the nachos and they looked overhyped...I asked what came on them and the guy says "cheese, chili if you want it, jalapenos if you want it, and pico." $7.50...you can get the same nachos anywhere else (minus pico which I don't care for anyway) for like $5.00 at a stadium.

So I tried a BBQ sandwich, which I got screwed on b/c they brought it out and it was basically a bun that had the meat all on the outside of it because it was gooey. They didn't have forks, so they offered to take it back and get me one that wasn't so messy. When I got back to my seat, I realized that all they'd done was put it in new foil and thrown the meat out, so I was basically eating a soggy bun with barbecue sauce with just a hint of meat. So then I bought a chili dog, forgetting they don't have eating utensils, but I managed to escape with only a small mess.

Did get a Tony Romo bobblehead from one of the stores...it looks just like him, unlike most bobbleheads. Took some pictures, but didn't have a chance to load them last night...maybe I'll get them up over the weekend.

Glad you had a good time at the game. That sucks about the sandwich.

I don't know what to tell you about your lost PMs, but now I'm very curious as to the subject matter. :thinking: :D

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
;)

Glad you had a good time at the game. That sucks about the sandwich.

I don't know what to tell you about your lost PMs, but now I'm very curious as to the subject matter. :thinking: :D

:D if you want a hint, I was reminded of them by reading a bunch of 66's posts from last night...but per board rules, I can't divulge any more information than that. :p ;)

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
:D if you want a hint, I was reminded of them by reading a bunch of 66's posts from last night...but per board rules, I can't divulge any more information than that. :p ;)

you can in PRIVATE!! hahahaha

crzyjournalist03
08-10-2007, 11:11 AM
you can in PRIVATE!! hahahaha

touche!