PDA

View Full Version : This is probably gonna get me in trouble

GreenMonster
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
SUSPENSIONS

I haven't been around just a whole lot lately. I've been pretty busy in my own little corner of the world, but when I have been around all I seem to see is "Suspended Poster" or threads suspending folks. Folks that are not just some newby that is a moron or some kid that has no common sense but good, solid, sensible long-time posters. I find this a bit odd. I'm sure I don't know the half of it and I'm sure they probably deserved to be put back in check but maybe there might be a need to review the suspension parameters. A one day slap on the wrist for minor infractions etc. Make the punishment fit the crime and take into account who the poster is. These guys (or gals) have been around for extended periods because they are sensible and know how to "keep it clean" and not go to extremes. This little post will probably get me added to the suspension list because I chose to take my gripe to the masses instead of keeping it private in a PM and I'm OK with that. At the same time, this is a PUBLIC message board and I just wanted to air my views in PUBLIC, so whatever comes of it I'm a big boy and can accept the terms of my decision I just want the powers that be to know that I feel their actions may be too stiff and that they may need to re-evaluate the current punishment system, give it a tweak. That's all I have to say about that. See you in a week when my suspension is up and if I'm ROMMED, it's been a great great stay. This is a great message board that is continually trying to better itself for the members I just feel this change missed the mark a little.

Sincerely,
The Greenest Monster you will ever meet.

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Plenty of others had their rant, too. :)

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
SUSPENSIONS

I haven't been around just a whole lot lately. I've been pretty busy in my own little corner of the world, but when I have been around all I seem to see is "Suspended Poster" or threads suspending folks. Folks that are not just some newby that is a moron or some kid that has no common sense but good, solid, sensible long-time posters. I find this a bit odd. I'm sure I don't know the half of it and I'm sure they probably deserved to be put back in check but maybe there might be a need to review the suspension parameters. A one day slap on the wrist for minor infractions etc. Make the punishment fit the crime and take into account who the poster is. These guys (or gals) have been around for extended periods because they are sensible and know how to "keep it clean" and not go to extremes. This little post will probably get me added to the suspension list because I chose to take my gripe to the masses instead of keeping it private in a PM and I'm OK with that. At the same time, this is a PUBLIC message board and I just wanted to air my views in PUBLIC, so whatever comes of it I'm a big boy and can accept the terms of my decision I just want the powers that be to know that I feel their actions may be too stiff and that they may need to re-evaluate the current punishment system, give it a tweak. That's all I have to say about that. See you in a week when my suspension is up and if I'm ROMMED, it's been a great great stay. This is a great message board that is continually trying to better itself for the members I just feel this change missed the mark a little.

Sincerely,

Hey green. If you would have kept reading, this same post has been made about a hundred times already. Where the heck ya been?

GreenMonster
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Hey green. If you would have kept reading, this same post has been made about a hundred times already. Where the heck ya been? Under a big rock named "2-a-days." If this is the 100th thread about this then why haven't there been changes? I've never known this place to deny the members what they truly want.

DaHop72
08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Under a big rock named "2-a-days." Did you pass your first big test on laying out string.:D :D

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Under a big rock named "2-a-days." If this is the 100th thread about this then why haven't there been changes? I've never known this place to deny the members what they truly want.

Eh....Not sure. Just know that many changes have taken place here lately. I think the mods are getting discontent with some of the things. I can understand both sides of it, so it doesnt bother me. I dont frequent as much as I once did, and some of the things going on are part of the reason....but thats just my take on it. I am rarely around anymore, so I just catch glimpses of what goes on. I think too many people have thin skin and get all butt hurt because they dont get what they want or someone called them a bad name, or made them look like an idiot. I am sure you will get the standard response of "if you dont like it, then leave."

GreenMonster
08-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Did you pass your first big test on laying out string.:D :D Indeed. Field looks like a million bucks, and I managed the 1000 degree 4PM heat in the process. Maybe not quite 1000 degree but it was pretty close. The south wind felt like a blast furnace.

burnet44
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
as long at the 50 is straight your good lol

DaHop72
08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Indeed. Field looks like a million bucks, and I managed the 1000 degree 4PM heat in the process. Maybe not quite 1000 degree but it was pretty close. The south wind felt like a blast furnace. Atta boy Monsta.:thumbsup:

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-09-2007, 11:04 PM
SUSPENSIONS

Sincerely,

I concur.

injuredinmelee
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Indeed. Field looks like a million bucks, and I managed the 1000 degree 4PM heat in the process. Maybe not quite 1000 degree but it was pretty close. The south wind felt like a blast furnace.

awww good old Wichita falls. When the summer wind blows its like living in a microwave!!! I need your schedule I will come watch one of your games this season.

burnet44
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
injuredinmelee

kinda the title for tonights activities here on the DL lol

BILLYFRED0000
08-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Plenty of others had their rant, too. :)

I did not yet. But I don't want to anyway. No reason to rant and rave.... I'll just take my ball and go home:D