PDA

View Full Version : suspensions.

DU_stud04
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
what is the need of suspensions. i know it is "punishment" for people who do wrong, but these suspended people are also being made to be an example for the rest of us...so we dont do wrong as well. why not tell us why said person was suspended so the community first isnt left out of the loop, and second, so the example is made and we dont do the same. The community is paying for this board now with our donations( im not yet, too lazy to update my paypal for the moment), let us in a bit now. please dont say cause they didnt follow the rules....

Matthew328
08-09-2007, 06:37 PM
If you have a question about why said person was suspended then take it up with the person who did the suspending in a PM....the only reason its posted on the board is so people won't start a million threads asking where is so and so

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Word.
Unless by agreeing I am also going to be suspended, if that's the case then...

un-word.

DU_stud04
08-09-2007, 06:38 PM
so you WANT 100pms asking what example was being made?

Matthew328
08-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I get 100 PM's anyway...whats 200

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I never get any PMs. I feel left out.

3afan
08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I never get any PMs. I feel left out.

better?

charlesrixey
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
better?

:)

Holy Moley, don't know what happened and don't really care, but i think i can surmise a little........

guess i could see it coming

sinton66
08-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04 these suspended people are also being made to be an example for the rest of us

First of all, no one is being made an "example" for the rest of you. Discipline is handed out on an individual basis alone, usually after at least a couple of warnings.

why not tell us why said person was suspended so the community first isnt left out of the loop

It's a disciplinary measure, that needs to be handled through pm's only with the person being disciplined. Also, since suspension is only temporary, if you're THAT interested, why not wait until the suspension is lifted and ask the person that was suspended? If they WANT you to know, they'll tell you. If they don't they won't, and thus, why should we?

The community is paying for this board now with our donations( im not yet, too lazy to update my paypal for the moment), let us in a bit now

Donations are strictly voluntary. If you don't agree with what we do here, don't donate.

please dont say cause they didnt follow the rules

What else are we supposed to say? They don't get suspended if they don't break a rule. I don't know how we could make the rules any clearer.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

[B]

Donations are strictly voluntary. If you don't agree with what we do here, don't donate.

What else are we supposed to say? They don't get suspended if they don't break a rule. I don't know how we could make the rules any clearer.

Those are two of the reasons that people are becoming discontent with this place. First of all, it seems by what you said that you are ungrateful to the people who have donated, and no matter what they contribute to the board, they can be banned or suspended for breaking the rule. Does that mean that I believe they should do whatever they want and to hell with the rules? No, they should follow the rules, but they should not be deprived of coming here for something that is minor in the scope of things, and it has happened before. The rules have grown more and more heinious every day, so people are having to tiptoe around to try to make sure that they don't get booted. This used to be a place where you could laugh and joke with each other in one thread and in another argue politics. We have so quickly walked away from what we once stood for that this is an entirely different place now, and the people who enjoyed it and stick around in the offseason are starting to grow weary of all of the ridiculous rules that we have. We do know what is right and what is wrong, as Matt stated, and just because people have a misunderstanding the easiest solution is to suspend or ban someone instead of trying to resolve the problem first. What do you guys think is going to happen as soon as the people are reinstated? The hard feelings are going to be there still, and people are going to be even more bitter and disdainful towards the person they were arguing with in the first place. There is no "moderating" in banning someone, that's just like trying to bury the problem and hope it goes away. Yes I do have a problem with the direction the board is heading, and it isn't just me, but a lot of people who have spent years on this board and helped shape it and mold it into the place it was. The core is still there, but it's just been covered up. I personally want to be able to see the core again and let things be the way that they used to be. It was managable before, and if you think that it's too much work, then why don't you let someone else try? I'm not saying you guys do a bad job, I just think that you're too afraid to let humans be humans and are trying to cage us up and be subservient, and I or a lot of other people don't like that. I respect the hell out of you guys for what you do to keep this place running, and if saying what I did causes me a suspension or to become a read only member, then so be it, but I hope you can take this as constructive criticism and not me berating any of you for what you have done.

-Gary

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Why is it that when someone most people like and get along with is suspended or ROM'med everyone gets all up in arms BUT when it is someone that is just a general PITA and pisses most everyone off, the same folks are cheering? :confused:

Old Tiger
08-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why is it that when someone most people like and get along with is suspended or ROM'med everyone gets all up in arms BUT when it is someone that is just a general PITA and pisses most everyone off, the same folks are cheering? :confused: Controversey sells:D :D :inlove: :kiss:

luvhoops34
08-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Why is it that when someone most people like and get along with is suspended or ROM'med everyone gets all up in arms BUT when it is someone that is just a general PITA and pisses most everyone off, the same folks are cheering? :confused:

Just human nature, I guess. Sad but true.

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Maybe Veritas was right.

DU_stud04
08-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Why is it that when someone most people like and get along with is suspended or ROM'med everyone gets all up in arms BUT when it is someone that is just a general PITA and pisses most everyone off, the same folks are cheering? :confused: i didnt ask anything when addidas was suspended. i ask today because 3 members were choked up. why assume something?

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i didnt ask anything when addidas was suspended. i ask today because 3 members were choked up. why assume something?
I just asked a question. :p (For some reason, Whiskey Tough popped in my head before I asked.)

DU_stud04
08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I just asked a question. :p (For some reason, Whiskey Tough popped in my head before I asked.) :D

DU_stud04
08-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:D but seriously now....back to topic:mad:

sinton66
08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
First of all, it seems by what you said that you are ungrateful to the people who have donated, and no matter what they contribute to the board, they can be banned or suspended for breaking the rule.

Ungrateful??? Where the hell did that come from? I posted my many thanks several times. And as for the second part, I bet every single one of them knows that and aren't the least bit worried about it happening to them, so what is your point?

The rules have grown more and more heinious every day, so people are having to tiptoe around to try to make sure that they don't get booted.

Only those who usually push the envelope.

We do know what is right and what is wrong

Debateable at best sometimes.

just because people have a misunderstanding the easiest solution is to suspend or ban someone instead of trying to resolve the problem first.

You don't even have a CLUE.

What do you guys think is going to happen as soon as the people are reinstated? The hard feelings are going to be there still, and people are going to be even more bitter and disdainful towards the person they were arguing with in the first place.

If the discipline didn't successfully change their attitude, more discipline will be meted out.

There is no "moderating" in banning someone, that's just like trying to bury the problem and hope it goes away.

Good grief! You act as if this is our first response. It isn't, never has been and never will be. We deserve more credit than this, and this is EXACTLY why we don't allow people to question us in open threads. Don't ASSUME things not in evidence.

Yes I do have a problem with the direction the board is heading, and it isn't just me, but a lot of people who have spent years on this board and helped shape it and mold it into the place it was.

You know what? TOUGH! One can either join the spirit of 3A Downlow or they can hit the road. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you stay here and post.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 07:44 PM

This isn't me going up to bat for jason or Emerson1, it's the principle of the matter that I'm arguing. I would have done the same thing for almost anyone that it happened to in this instance.

piratebg
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Did someone else get suspended? :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Ungrateful??? Where the hell did that come from? I posted my many thanks several times. And as for the second part, I bet every single one of them knows that and aren't the least bit worried about it happening to them, so what is your point?

[B]

Only those who usually push the envelope.

[B]

Debateable at best sometimes.

[B]

You don't even have a CLUE.

[B]

If the discipline didn't successfully change their attitude, more discipline will be meted out.

[B]
Good grief! You act as if this is our first response. It isn't, never has been and never will be. We deserve more credit than this, and this is EXACTLY why we don't allow people to question us in open threads. Don't ASSUME things not in evidence.

[B]

You know what? TOUGH! One can either join the spirit of 3A Downlow or they can hit the road. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you stay here and post.

I never said you weren't grateful to the contributions that people make, but let's take PPHSfan for example, a cuss word in morse code that less than five percent of the message board read. PPHSfan was an overall good guy, had a great sense of humor, was a board personality and a loyal member, and donated to keep this place going, but from that one cuss word in morse code, he was ROM'd. How does that show that you are grateful not just in donations, but what they do for the message board? Do you really think that people keep coming back in the offseason and checking us out just because we provide information? They can get that at a lot of message boards or a newspaper. People come for the community that WE built, and that's what makes people stay and that's what makes people keep coming back.

It's also not the fact that I want the rules to be bent for people or there should not be rules up, but at the same time, what is pushing the envelope? We have to bite our tongues and create relationships with different personas outside of the board because we can't show who we really are here, otherwise we would get ROM'd. There are people who cuss and tell dirty jokes outside of the board, and I'm not saying let's send the place to hell, but the majority of the board are adults and we have to act PG-13 all the time.

What is there to debate? I have good morals, so I honestly hope that you aren't questioning those, if so I would take great offense to that.

You're right, I may not have a clue, it may just be a broad assumption, but I would be willing to put money on the fact that there is a lot of truth in what I said. Trying to treat people like they're elementary school students and you're the principal isn't the way to go, and it is an insult to anyone who feel like they are a mature adult. Maybe there are people who don't want to be treated like little kids. I know that your response to this is going to be something along the lines of, "Well, maybe you should stop acting like little kids," and I don't really have an adequate response to that other than stop acting like we are and appreciate us for the adults we are.

I know I'm not obligated to stay here, but at the same time a lot of friends that I have made here over the past 4 years and 10 months are the only reason that I'm here. All I'm doing here is trying to revive the spirit of the Down Low, not try to point out yours or anyone elses flaws in what they do running this website, but you can take it how you want.

charlesrixey
08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
it sucks, but this is still a private site, owned by an individual who reserves the right to control the content of his site, and appoint whomever he wants to to monitor the site

i tend to believe that the moderators act the way they do because they, like a lot of veterans on here, have invested a lot into the site, and they have been trusted with keeping it sane.

it may not always be 100% liked, but it's not up to any of us anyway

maybe it's just my military training, but i have faith in the leadership of the board

just because the site was more rockin' in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean that the DL has changed for the worse

that is a matter of subjectivity

sinton66
08-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I never said you weren't grateful to the contributions that people make

Look again, YES you did.

but let's take PPHSfan for example, a cuss word in morse code that less than five percent of the message board read. PPHSfan was an overall good guy, had a great sense of humor, was a board personality and a loyal member, and donated to keep this place going, but from that one cuss word in morse code, he was ROM'd.

Read LHPM's response above. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we do, we're too harsh and judgemental, if we don't we play favorites. You can't have it both ways.

People come for the community that WE built, and that's what makes people stay and that's what makes people keep coming back.

As the donations list and the membership numbers keep growing, obviously that hasn't changed.

What is there to debate? I have good morals, so I honestly hope that you aren't questioning those, if so I would take great offense to that.

What???? Aren't you one of the people who labeled me as old fashioned and "out of touch" because YOU didn't find the "F" word objectionable? Know what? Matthew and I BOTH do. He owns the board and I help him run it the way he wants. End of story.

You're right, I may not have a clue, it may just be a broad assumption, but I would be willing to put money on the fact that there is a lot of truth in what I said.

You'd lose your money. FYI, "because I can" is an inside joke, nothing more.

All I'm doing here is trying to revive the spirit of the Down Low, not try to point out yours or anyone elses flaws in what they do running this website, but you can take it how you want.

mmmmm hmmmmm, that's EXACTLY how it appears, yeah right!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it sucks, but this is still a private site, owned by an individual who reserves the right to control the content of his site, and appoint whomever he wants to to monitor the site

i tend to believe that the moderators act the way they do because they, like a lot of veterans on here, have invested a lot into the site, and they have been trusted with keeping it sane.

maybe it's just my military training, but i have faith in the leadership of the board

just because the site was more rockin' in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean that the DL has changed for the worse

You're right and 100% correct. It was constructive criticism, not meant to tear into the people who devote a lot of time keeping this place clean and running, but at the same time, a lot of what I said isn't necessarily incorrect either.

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Well I have been coming here for a long time as well, and I agree it has changed alot. Some better, and some worse. But I have also opted to not frequent this place until as of late because of those very reasons.

luvhoops34
08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Look again, YES you did.

[B]

Read LHPM's response above. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we do, we're too harsh and judgemental, if we don't we play favorites. You can't have it both ways.

[B]

As the donations list and the membership numbers keep growing, obviously that hasn't changed.

[B]

What???? Aren't you one of the people who labeled me as old fashioned and "out of touch" because YOU didn't find the "F" word objectionable? Know what? Matthew and I BOTH do. He owns the board and I help him run it the way he wants. End of story.

[B]

[b]

You should post more often, 66....:D

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You should post more often, 66....:D

Don't forget to rinse your mouth out when you are done....:rolleyes:

burnet44
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM

The best statement Ive seen in a while. Very true. Thank you
TY

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Look again, YES you did.

[B]

[B]

[B]

[B]

[b]

I meant not in all instances, but in some, you do act ungrateful in the eyes of many.

When have I ever complained of their being favorites? The people that do complain about that are the people who feel like there shouldn't be any special privileges given to people who contribute to the board in different ways, but I do feel like the people who do should.

Yeah, it's great that donations and membership is on the rise, but the dedication of the people who are hear year-round and give the board personality are those to thank for it, along with the people who keep it running. The regular members play as large of a roll, if not bigger, than the moderators do in bringing people back.

You know, the word isn't that bad, but maybe that's because I'm used to hearing it on a daily basis. Besides, it was in morse code to begin with, and as I said before, how many peopel ACTUALLY read it?

I'd still be willing to make that wager, but call me a gambler.

I don't know what you want me to say to the last one that hasn't already been said.

sinton66
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
I meant not in all instances, but in some, you do act ungrateful in the eyes of many.

NOW you draw differences.

When have I ever complained of their being favorites? The people that do complain about that are the people who feel like there shouldn't be any special privileges given to people who contribute to the board in different ways, but I do feel like the people who do should.

Then sir, you are PART of the PROBLEM, not the solution.

Yeah, it's great that donations and membership is on the rise, but the dedication of the people who are hear year-round and give the board personality are those to thank for it, along with the people who keep it running. The regular members play as large of a roll, if not bigger, than the moderators do in bringing people back.

Sorry Gary, you're simply missing the bigger picture.

You know, the word isn't that bad, but maybe that's because I'm used to hearing it on a daily basis. Besides, it was in morse code to begin with, and as I said before, how many peopel ACTUALLY read it?

"It's not that bad" is YOUR judgement, but YOU didn't write the rules here, and maybe now you might suspect why. Matthew and I both said it. HE knew what he said, and he knew what the consequences would be(pushed the envelope example you asked for). Morse code is no different than any other language. A lot of people don't understand Spanish, but we wouldn't knowingly allow it in that either.

Some people must be a lot more ignorant than they let on. I don't know how many different ways we can keep saying the same things over and over and over. It sure gets tiring. There are rules, learn to live with them or move on.

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:02 PM

[b]

[B]

[B]

"It's not that bad" is YOUR judgement, but YOU didn't write the rules here, and maybe now you might suspect why. Matthew and I both said it. HE knew what he said, and he knew what the consequences would be(pushed the envelope example you asked for). Morse code is no different than any other language. A lot of people don't understand Spanish, but we wouldn't knowingly allow it in that either.

Some people must be a lot more ignorant than they let on. I don't know how many different ways we can keep saying the same things over and over and over. It sure gets tiring. There are rules, learn to live with them or move on.

Out of curiosity and nothing else, how is that worse than what others have said or done and been allowed back? A lot of people push the envelope. I dont care either way, nor am I defending anyone. Just a question. If you dont want to respond in an open forum I understand.

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM

I'm trying to stay out of this, but just need to say that the rules don't exist for what is READ, but for what is POSTED.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2007, 09:09 PM

[b]

[B]

[B]

Sorry I wasn't thorough in my argument, I should have been more concise, my fault.

I will respond more tomorrow, I have things to do.

sinton66
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Out of curiosity and nothing else, how is that worse than what others have said or done and been allowed back? A lot of people push the envelope. I dont care either way, nor am I defending anyone. Just a question. If you dont want to respond in an open forum I understand.

Okay, just this once, I'll tell you how it's worse. PPHSFan was one of the best friends Matthew, me and the mods ever had on here. He was in a "group" of six people who banded together to help protect the 'Low (the "secret society"). Three of those six are now mods or admins. We love the guy still. Just how do you respond when one of your best friends intentionally puts you in a position like that? (I won't get into his reasoning) If we don't ban him, then we're hypocrites and play "favorites" with our friends. The fact that we did ban him should tell any of the Negative Nancies on here that we DON'T play favorites, yet we get crucified because we banned a "board favorite". Like I said, damned if we do, damned if we don't. We can't win.

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Okay, just this once, I'll tell you how it's worse. PPHSFan was one of the best friends Matthew, me and the mods ever had on here. He was in a "group" of six people who banded together to help protect the 'Low (the "secret society"). Three of those six are now mods or admins. We love the guy still. Just how do you respond when one of your best friends intentionally puts you in a position like that? (I won't get into his reasoning) If we don't ban him, then we're hypocrites and play "favorites" with our friends. The fact that we did ban him should tell any of the Negative Nancies on here that we DON'T play favorites, yet we get crucified because we banned a "board favorite". Like I said, damned if we do, damned if we don't. We can't win.

Fair enough. I was just asking. But favorites or not, I think he has served his time. I mean I wasnt a "friend" of PPHS fan, but others have done worse and been allowed back. Maybe give him a short leash?

sinton66
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
He is gone by his choice. If he wants to come back as "PPHSFan" he knows better than anybody on here how to accomplish that, so it's actually up to him, not us.

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:20 PM
He is gone by his choice. If he wants to come back as "PPHSFan" he knows better than anybody on here how to accomplish that, so it's actually up to him, not us.

Cool. I havent been around too much lately, so I dont know all the gossip, etc.

Gsquared
08-09-2007, 09:25 PM
This is gettin better than the Cowboy game

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
This is gettin better than the Cowboy game So no improvement with the 'Boys this year? ;)

Cameron Crazy
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
The boys are rolling the Colt's.

The Qb from Oregon looks good.

He is better than Johnson.

luvhoops34
08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
As long as they do it in the regular season.:D

Cameron Crazy
08-09-2007, 09:33 PM
They are doing good right now, thats all I care about at the moment.

bandera7
08-09-2007, 09:34 PM
ha, good luck

Gsquared
08-09-2007, 09:40 PM
So no improvement with the 'Boys this year? ;) Guess I meant that this peeing contest was funnier than the Cowboys game. I think it all hinges on the O Line this year. Two of the 5 werent playing tonight. The boys looked pretty good to me tonight but I want to see all five OL playing as one for a few series before I feel really good about it.

bandera7
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
all five can be playing, and they still cant touch the Eagles!

luvhoops34
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM

I just love this quote. I think I'm going to make it my signature. It truly says what Gary is all about. :D

Darren
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Who cares about the Eagles...

burnet44
08-09-2007, 09:45 PM
looked better on O
D was ok
they may be a little better

luvhoops34
08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
looked better on O
D was ok
they may be a little better

Cowboy hater!

I bet it physically hurt you to post that;)

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I just love this quote. I think I'm going to make it my signature. It truly says what Gary is all about. :D

Dang...that was a good one. Haha...man. A real knee slapper. I am laughing so hard I can barely type....

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Cowboy hater!

Defense always comes together better than the offense this early in the season.

DDBooger
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
holy crap, emerson, jason and kta are gone? can anyone pm what happened so I don't stir things back up in here?

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
holy crap, emerson, jason and kta are gone? can anyone pm what happened so I don't stir things back up in here?

I dont know, but I am sure someone said something, then somene got mad and started crying, then they got warned, then someone said something else, then someone cried some more, then someone got suspended. Am I close?

burnet44
08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
not really

burnet44
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Cowboy hater!

yeah it hurt a lil lol
but true didnt look bad

rockdale80
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
not really

Well that is usually how it goes....

I am willing to bet that it had something to do with someone crying at some point along the way.

Darren
08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Nighty-Night everyone.

burnet44
08-09-2007, 10:27 PM
good night mary ellen
good night john boy

carter08
08-10-2007, 12:10 AM
So many suspensions.

Follow the rules.

I mean, if we follow George Bush's rules, we should have no trouble following these.

IHStangFan
08-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Why is it that when someone most people like and get along with is suspended or ROM'med everyone gets all up in arms BUT when it is someone that is just a general PITA and pisses most everyone off, the same folks are cheering? :confused: well, this one is a no brainer for me.....somone that everyone likes is probably more times than not someone who follows the rules for the most part, contributes positively to the site whether it be knowledge, or wit, or something we as human beings respond positively to, whereas someone that nobody likes is more times than not a troublemaker and contributes little to the site, etc. etc. On any other web board that I've ever been a member of, it is this that moderators do. The weed "those" people out, not the guy who contributes, and is a overall plus to the board and just has a bad day. I believe what everyone is getting at here lately is a little tolerance as we are humans and prone to error. Thats just my $.02 I'll field any further psychoanalsys type of questions via PM. :D

(***DISCLAIMER*** I am not trying to stir the pot or any anyway be a smartypants, I attempted to answer the above question to the best of my knowledge from an "average joe poster" standpoint with a little bit of jest mixed in for good measure.)

GreenMonster
08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
I need more cowbell!

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
well, this one is a no brainer for me.....somone that everyone likes is probably more times than not someone who follows the rules for the most part, contributes positively to the site whether it be knowledge, or wit, or something we as human beings respond positively to, whereas someone that nobody likes is more times than not a troublemaker and contributes little to the site, etc. etc. On any other web board that I've ever been a member of, it is this that moderators do. The weed "those" people out, not the guy who contributes, and is a overall plus to the board and just has a bad day. I believe what everyone is getting at here lately is a little tolerance as we are humans and prone to error. Thats just my $.02 I'll field any further psychoanalsys type of questions via PM. :D

(***DISCLAIMER*** I am not trying to stir the pot or any anyway be a smartypants, I attempted to answer the above question to the best of my knowledge from an "average joe poster" standpoint with a little bit of jest mixed in for good measure.)

There is some truth to this, but there are some people that are well liked and trouble makers or at the very least push the envelope and if we suspend/ban them we are being mean and over-reacting, if we let them slide we are playing favorites. :rolleyes:

Yep, I think I'm making a new signature! :D

Damned if we do, damned if we don't! The life & times of a moderator!

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Here's you a smilie! :D

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-8961.png

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Here's you a smilie! :D

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-8961.png

quit trying to make me laugh! :mad: :/

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 09:22 AM
quit trying to make me laugh! :mad: :/
No..... :p

IHStangFan
08-10-2007, 11:48 AM
There is some truth to this, but there are some people that are well liked and trouble makers or at the very least push the envelope and if we suspend/ban them we are being mean and over-reacting, if we let them slide we are playing favorites. :rolleyes:

Damned if we do, damned if we don't! The life & times of a moderator! LOL!!!

I do see where you're coming from though here. There is truth to what YOU say as well

burnet44
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I need more cowbell!

we all could

burnet44
08-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Maybe Veritas was right.

manybe, but then again...............

charlesrixey
08-11-2007, 12:52 PM
manybe, but then again...............

all things change a little over time

the board is still run by the same people, and populated by veterans as well

any changes that have happened have occurred because that's what they thought was best for the group as a whole

burnet44
08-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
all five can be playing, and they still cant touch the Eagles!

Eagles are older
I see them spliting the regular season

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well that is usually how it goes....

I am willing to bet that it had something to do with someone crying at some point along the way.

I can think of a couple of people who do a lot of crying on here on a regular basis, and they are also hypocrites.

PurpleFreddy
08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Will this friggin' thread never die?!?

zebrablue2
08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I have posted nothing on this thread until now. This is a great site with some good people on it. Our opinions differ on some things, but that is life. People running the board are doing a very good job, so bottom line, just follow the RULES. Let this be the last post on this thread, PLEASE. Let's be positive.