PDA

View Full Version : Texas Stadium

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Never been there for a Cowboys game before...are concessions any good? I'm sure they're overpriced, but has anyone been in the last year or so with some idea of how much to expect to spend?

I want to make sure I have enough cash tonight.

Gsquared
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Never been there for a Cowboys game before...are concessions any good? I'm sure they're overpriced, but has anyone been in the last year or so with some idea of how much to expect to spend?

I want to make sure I have enough cash tonight.
Superbowl Nachos are good, the Cheese Steaks are good too. Yeah, better take plenty of money

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!!
Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!!
Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!! Super Bowl Nachos!!

and about $15 for Nachos and a drink

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:48 AM
what's on those nachos since apparently they're the thing?

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 09:50 AM
what's on those nachos since apparently they're the thing?

Cheese and jalapenos?? That's all I have ever seen.......

Well....my daughter may have gotten beef on hers....

hmmm.............

good question!!:confused: :confused:

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Just chili and cheese. Then you can ruin them by putting other crap on them.

The experience might not be as good since it's gonna be 115 degrees inside texas stadium. So don't pass judgment on them until you eat them in mid December when it's 20 degrees.

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 09:51 AM

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
how early am I going to have to get there to park? I have a blue pass but I've heard that the lots fill up real quick...

Gsquared
08-09-2007, 09:54 AM
how early am I going to have to get there to park? I have a blue pass but I've heard that the lots fill up real quick...
Leave now and you should be ok. Took Kepdawg and I over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot after the game. Its worse getting out. We didnt have blue parking though

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 09:55 AM
It's bad enough for HS games.

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Leave now and you should be ok. Took Kepdawg and I over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot after the game. Its worse getting out. We didnt have blue parking though

LOL...I'm leaving work a little early today, hoping to get to the stadium at six...hope that's early enough.

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

That's true...I forgot that I went to the Forney-Everman 2004 game out there when the refs botched the spike in the final minute and called it intentional grounding when he spiked it a second time...

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:02 AM

When we had our tailgate party there, I don't remember what time the M&G started.....but I remember we had to park WAY away from where it was.

It wasn't until that 2nd game started that I was able to move closer to where we all were!! (Luckily I still had car keys.....huh Emerson???:p :p )

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Parking at Texas Stadium is AWFUL! I hate it. Where does "blue" parking get you? Closer to the gates? Next time I go to a Cowboy game I think I'll just have someone drop me off!! What a nightmare parking is. :hairpunk:

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When we had our tailgate party there, I don't remember what time the M&G started.....but I remember we had to park WAY away from where it was.

It wasn't until that 2nd game started that I was able to move closer to where we all were!! (Luckily I still had car keys.....huh Emerson???:p :p )
No I think they would be to rusty to fit in the slot.

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Parking at Texas Stadium is AWFUL! I hate it. Where does "blue" parking get you? Closer to the gates? Next time I go to a Cowboy game I think I'll just have someone drop me off!! What a nightmare parking is. :hairpunk:

I think blue parking just means you get to park at the stadium...I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else here knows?

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
http://216.104.180.105/cowboystickets.com/images/parking_map.gif

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Blue Parking is the best and closest parking lot, located inside the freeways and directly next to the stadium.

Red Parking is the parking lot located just on the other side of Hwy 114, with an easy crosswalk over the freeway.

Gold Parking is for buses and rv's and located just on the other side of Loop 12, with an easy crosswalk over the freeway.

Still going to be a nightmare, no matter what!! :p

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Blue Parking is the best and closest parking lot, located inside the freeways and directly next to the stadium.

Red Parking is the parking lot located just on the other side of Hwy 114, with an easy crosswalk over the freeway.

Gold Parking is for buses and rv's and located just on the other side of Loop 12, with an easy crosswalk over the freeway.

Still going to be a nightmare, no matter what!! :p

Crap...so which way is the best way to get there from Lewisville/Flower Mound?

I35 to loop 12 or 121 to 114?

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:16 AM

I sincerely hope you aren't asking me for directions!!! :D :D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I sincerely hope you aren't asking me for directions!!! :D :D :D :D

lol...no...I know you're not from around here...just asking a general question.

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 10:18 AM

:thinking: :thinking:

Either way at that time of day is gonna be torture, know this. :D Have fun! :wave:

I'd go I35 to loop 12. Isn't 121 under construction?

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM

Either way at that time of day is gonna be torture, know this. :D Have fun! :wave:

35 is what I was planning...121 is finished the route I'd be taking, but I think 114 usually backs up pretty bad around rush hour.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:20 AM

My mom has lived in the DFW area for 15 years...I think 121 has been under construction since she moved there!!:p :p

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM
35 is what I was planning...121 is finished the route I'd be taking, but I think 114 usually backs up pretty bad around rush hour.

Yeah, 114 is the pits.

I never thought I'd see the day when 75 wasn't under construction. LOL

burnet44
08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
121 was under construction when I was in lewisville in 1985.
No matter waht leave very early
and expect to be there late
Wait till the new Jerrys World
you think its bad now lol
I can see Green-Red-Blue-Yellow-Orange-Black-Purple parking permits
Good luck at the 7th grade B team game

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by burnet44

Good luck at the 7th grade B team game

geez...don't be a hater...starters are going to play the whole first quarter, and at least the Cowboys and Colts both have great potential this year!

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
geez...don't be a hater...starters are going to play the whole first quarter, and at least the Cowboys and Colts both have great potential this year!
Some people just can't be happy for anyone. I would love to be going.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Some people just can't be happy for anyone. I would love to be going.

I would too!!!

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 10:42 AM

i was wondering what that was about. heck, i thought he knew something about your day that we didnt'!!

:mad:

i'll be watching on tv looking for crzy in the stands :D

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:45 AM

i'll be watching on tv looking for crzy in the stands :D

So.....are you going to be looking for "Taz', or what????

If I see Taz anywhere, I always think of crzy now!!!:D :D

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
So.....are you going to be looking for "Taz', or what????

If I see Taz anywhere, I always think of crzy now!!!:D :D

lol...I'll be the one wearing the Tony Romo jersey! That should help narrow it down for you guys! :nerd:

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
lol...I'll be the one wearing the Tony Romo jersey! That should help narrow it down for you guys! :nerd:

You should certainly stand out in the crowd then!!:p ;)

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 11:13 AM

you should make a 3ADL sign

"Hi Ranger Mom!!" :wave:

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 11:14 AM
you should make a 3ADL sign

"Hi Ranger Mom!!" :wave:

:mad: They have strict signage rules at Texas Stadium...if you bring a sign, it must pertain to the game in order to be allowed and it must be smaller than a certain size and you must be sitting in a certain part of the stadium...at least that's what it says on the back of the tickets and when I looked it up on dallascowboys.com...that's just crazy!

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
:mad: They have strict signage rules at Texas Stadium...if you bring a sign, it must pertain to the game in order to be allowed and it must be smaller than a certain size and you must be sitting in a certain part of the stadium...at least that's what it says on the back of the tickets and when I looked it up on dallascowboys.com...that's just crazy!

So you are one of those people that obeys the "stadium" rules??:D :D

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM

wow - here is my "learn something new everyday"

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
So you are one of those people that obeys the "stadium" rules??:D :D

when I was 11 I was going to a Rangers game with my grandpa. It was a day game in June (and was much hotter than June was this year). I chose that game to go to because it was Rusty Greer glove day. Grandpa didn't want to pay for $4.50 sodas at the game, so we brought our own cooler fit to specifications on the ballpark, and put canned sodas in it (not allowed). So I check in and get my glove and notice my grandpa being held up by security. They won't let him into the park with the cans, so he has to walk all the way back to the car (we parked in the cheap lots), and I just had to sit and wait for him to come back to the stadium, where we ended up buying $4.50 sodas.

He taught me a very valuable lesson that day...."Follow the rules on the back of the ticket."