PDA

View Full Version : Buddy list

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
When I was exploring the "ignore" feature yesterday, I started wondering what the buddy list was for...what happens if you put someone one your list? Do you start getting emails every time they post?

Emerson1
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
No, I think it just helps you in getting to their profile faster so if you PM them often. You don't have to go searching for one of their post.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
If you have multiple people in your buddy list and want to send them all the same PM....you can "send pm to buddies" and it will let you check off the ones you want it to go to, rather than having to type their names in and/or sending the same PM multiple times.

When you go to your "sent" PMs...it will show that you sent it to "multiple recipients"....I use it ALL THE TIME!!!!

Old Green
08-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If you have multiple people in your buddy list and want to send them all the same PM....you can "send pm to buddies" and it will let you check off the ones you want it to go to, rather than having to type their names in and/or sending the same PM multiple times.

When you go to your "sent" PMs...it will show that you sent it to "multiple recipients"....I use it ALL THE TIME!!!! And it only allows you to send PM's to 5 buddies at time.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
And it only allows you to send PM's to 5 buddies at time.

I wonder if that changes with moderator status...I didn't know that.

I was just able to send it to 8 people!!

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I wonder if that changes with moderator status...I didn't know that.

I was just able to send it to 8 people!!

:thinking: I wonder if this is new? In the past I'd only been able to send it to the 5 that's why sometimes some people would get left off the list. :D

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: I wonder if this is new? In the past I'd only been able to send it to the 5 that's why sometimes some people would get left off the list. :D

I know I have sent it to more than 5 before.

It went through to 7 of the 8. StangGirl had 51 messages in her box!!!

44INAROW
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I wish there was some way to "reply to all" in PM's -

pirate4state
08-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I wish there was some way to "reply to all" in PM's - I KNOW!!! Sometimes I forget who is or isn't included in our rant sessions ;)

BobcatBenny
If you have multiple people in your buddy list and want to send them all the same PM.... ....I use it ALL THE TIME!!!!

Now my feelings are hurt. :(

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I wish there was some way to "reply to all" in PM's -

That would be nice!

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I just found out last week that "sent" PMs are saved...I was wondering why my mailbox was always so close to full and I only had like three messages in my inbox!

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Now my feelings are hurt. :(

Why???

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I just found out last week that "sent" PMs are saved...I was wondering why my mailbox was always so close to full and I only had like three messages in my inbox!

That is why I like the delete pm option....it removes EVERYTHING!!

Then....there is always that one or two PM's that I needed to save that I didn't!!!

BobcatBenny
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Why???

Because you use it all the time, yet I never get any from ya! :D

crzyjournalist03
08-09-2007, 11:32 AM

don't worry...I always get nervous when I get a PM from a mod...I always wonder if they're about to tell me I've made my last post! :devil:

Ranger Mom
08-09-2007, 11:35 AM

LOL!! My PM to "buddies" is usually us "girls" catching up or having a rant session........you would probably thank your lucky stars you weren't included....:D :D