PDA

View Full Version : "NOW", can we have some respect?

tigerfanman
10-19-2001, 10:50 PM
Lake Worth 27 / Glen Rose 21 OT

tigerfanman
10-19-2001, 10:54 PM
Tigers played a solid game with a lot of heart and gave the Bullfrgos all they could handle. A holding call missed by referee with no time ws the difference in this game.
Stats are GR by a landslide.
Good job Tigers! Congrats LW

hsguru
10-19-2001, 11:53 PM
There was a missed holding on every single play of the game.

tigerfanman
10-20-2001, 12:15 AM
Your right, but that's the one I won't soon forget.

BandMan
10-20-2001, 01:05 AM
It was not the best reffed game from either side of the ball. It is this type of game that goes down in history as one of the biggest nail-biters ever. Incidentally, on the pass play preceding the winning reception their was a clear defensive hold in the end-zone missed also that might have affected the turnout as well. But, as it was noted earlier, both teams were guilty of holding far too many times during the game. It was sloppy football in many respects. But without a doubt, Glen Rose played an incredible game on their side as did Lake Worth. This was a game that COULD have ended in a tie and it would have been a compliment to both teams!

tigerfanman
10-20-2001, 01:19 AM
OK, got me.
I guess it made up for GR getting the ball on the 20 instead of the 1 after that interception, but seriously "what a game, huh!" That was HS football at it's finest as far as the kids' effort is concerned.