PDA

View Full Version : body tossed

pirate44
08-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I-37 over here near my office was blocked off this morning. word is, someone in a red mustang threw a body out about 7 this morning and the car behind the mustang hit it. so now they are wondering if it was a dead body or if the impact of the 2nd car killed the person. :eek:

Cameron Crazy
08-08-2007, 10:01 AM
wow, thats crazy stuff!

crzyjournalist03
08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
:doh: everybody knows that red cars get more tickets than any other color!

Cameron Crazy
08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I drive a red truck and have never been pulled over, thank goodness!

pirate4state
08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
I-37 over here near my office was blocked off this morning. word is, someone in a red mustang threw a body out about 7 this morning and the car behind the mustang hit it. so now they are wondering if it was a dead body or if the impact of the 2nd car killed the person. :eek:

:crazy1:

luvhoops34
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
The Caller Times didn't have much info on the "accident".

Just that the car, a mustang, was merging onto I-37 from NPID.

pirate44
08-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
The Caller Times didn't have much info on the "accident".

Just that the car, a mustang, was merging onto I-37 from NPID.
i didnt know the Caller had the news already. the lady at the convenience store on Navigation and I-37 was the one with the info.

crzyjournalist03
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
well, whether the body was already dead or not, the fact that someone threw him from the car on a highway should be malicious enough to determine the thrower's intent.

luvhoops34
08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Just think about how the person feels that ran over him! How awful. :(

R4Editor
08-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Man struck, killed on local highway
By Barbara Ramirez (Contact)
Originally published 11:36 a.m., August 8, 2007
Updated 11:36 a.m., August 8, 2007

CORPUS CHRISTI — Corpus Christi police are interviewing a woman in connection with the death of her boyfriend who was struck and killed early Wednesday by a vehicle after falling out of her Mustang onto North Padre Island Drive.

Police are investigating whether Robert Mefford, 47, of Corpus Christi was pushed, jumped, or accidentally fell out of the vehicle, Capt. Robert Bridge said.

The incident happened at 2:37 a.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Padre Island Dive, at the flyover from State Highway 358 westbound to Interstate 37 northbound.

Mefford fell onto the roadway in front of oncoming traffic, and the driver of the Mustang did not stop, Bridge said. Police were able to locate the driver about three or four hours later, Bridge said.

Several witnesses stopped their vehicles and attempted to block the roadway to prevent Mefford from being struck, but they were unsuccessful, Bridge said.

Mefford was struck by a small compact car, Bridge said.

As of early Wednesday, the driver of the compact car had not been issued a citation. The investigation is continuing, and Bridge said the driver of the Mustang could face charges.