PDA

View Full Version : Can Jasper shut out Burnet and the Everman/Forney winner?

Old Cardinal
12-05-2002, 01:45 PM
In looking at the big picture, I think that Jasper has a good possibility to shut out their next two opponents. Would that be a playoff record, if that event happens? It's not that any of these teams are not great, its that Jasper, in all reality, has that kind of Defense capabilities. What is the best record thusfar?

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Jimbotex40
12-05-2002, 01:50 PM
gayness has occured and has resulted in mass destruction of the human population.
thank you old cardinal

turbostud
12-05-2002, 01:54 PM
You have got to be kidding. I just apologized to all the Jasper fans and now this.

jason
12-05-2002, 01:58 PM
It's ok...I guess he is both old and scenile....You don't shut out teams in the state tournament, and it's ridiculous to think you can do so. These are all great teams that know how to score points...Jasper will lost their semi-final game, heres a though, maybe they will get shut out, now wouldn't that be ironic...see you all at the game Satruday.

GO FORNEY !!!!!

PPHSfan
12-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Jasper has a better chance of flapping their arms and flying to the moon, than they do shutting out Burnet, Forney, or Everman. Jasper will have their hands full with Burnet and will be happy just to get out alive if they can.

And everyone on this board thinks it's Me thats crazy :D

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

HotDawg89
12-05-2002, 02:08 PM
:rolleyes: Old Card- check your meds!

And to Jason- I hope you are right- go Forney!

Burnet will not be shut out- and don't count your chickens to be playing in the next game either. :D

spiveyrat
12-05-2002, 02:12 PM
I'm a Jasper fan and I have to say...

Nope, ain't gonna happen.

jason
12-05-2002, 02:16 PM
hey HotDawg...It's nice to see somebody finally agree with me...haha

GO FORNEY !!!!!

duckbutter
12-05-2002, 02:18 PM
Oh but shutouts do happen at state. Newton shutout Daingerfield 21-0 for the title in 98. A lot of times the state game is not as good as the playoffs. I think Jasper will win state and not only win but may even get there without a point being scored on them. Not saying it will happen but with the way they have been playing I don't think it is impossible.
Jasper 14
Burnet 0

Jasper 28
Forney 0

HotDawg89
12-05-2002, 02:29 PM
But then you probably haven't seen Burnet play huh? There are many people who believe that they are an unbeatable team- then they have met Burnet. Now, I am not cocky enough to say that Burnet will absolutely win- this game is not going to be decided here, but I am sure that our OL is much stronger than many have anticipated. Our D is capable of small miracles when we need them. (I have no fingernails left after watching the Sinton game) Be careful what you claim you can do, and what you assume we can't do... afterall. . .

PPHSfan
12-05-2002, 02:37 PM
OK I must admit, after thinking about what you asked "Would that be a playoff record, if that event happens?." I was compelled to go and look. And guess what?

Pilot Point did it in 1981 :p

Pilot Point 28, Hale Center 0
Pilot Point 32, Garrison 0

But I still don't see Jasper doing it this year.
The Final Four is just way too tough.

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

BIG19
12-05-2002, 02:38 PM
Old Card, not sure what the record is, but I really don't see Jasper running the table by shutting everyone out. Is it possible, yes. Is it probable, I don't think so. That is my humble opinion.

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

j_dog
12-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Old Cardinal:
In looking at the big picture, I think that Jasper has a good possibility to shut out their next two opponents. Would that be a playoff record, if that event happens? It's not that any of these teams are not great, its that Jasper, in all reality, has that kind of Defense capabilities. What is the best record thusfar?OC, if it were to happen, it would at least tie the record for fewest points given up in the playoffs! Boy, do you know how to stir things up!

Well, I think it would be a long shot for Jasper to shut out Burnet because the odds are against anyone doing 5 shutouts in a row against anyone. But anyone who thinks it to be impossible just does not know Jasper's defensive capabilities. And I do not mean that as a slam at Burnet's offensive capabilities. There is no question, Burnet has a great team and Jasper knows that. May the best Dog win!

bd0707
12-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Old Card should jump in the pot rather than stand on the outside stirring.

turbostud
12-05-2002, 02:51 PM
that's what I am waiting on.

PPHSfan
12-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Guess who else did it?

Celina did it in 1998 :p

Celina 9 Stanton 0
Celina 21 Elysian Fields 0

Man oh Man, Those boys from Celina and Pilot Point just show up everywhere huh? :D

turbostud
12-05-2002, 03:05 PM
They sure do PPHSFAN. I WENT TO HIGHSCHOOL AT S&S CONSOLIDATED AND BOTH CELINA AND PPHS USED TO KICK OUR TAILS EACH YEAR. WOULDNT A CELINA/PPHS MATCHUP IN THE REGIONAL FINALS THIS YEAR BEEN PRICELESS?

Jason1725
12-05-2002, 03:14 PM
Wow! I still find it funny that if anyone from Jasper posts with the same kind of confidence the posters in this thread from Burnet have, they are considered arrogant and pompous. It's ridiculous to see this day after day after day. But even with this little post I am sure I am pompous as well. Some of you Burnet people have this game already won, but I can tell you that you will be shocked come Saturday. I am sick and tired of seeing this mindless trash in here and can't wait till Jasper shows the world by beating the almighty powerful Super Bowl caliber Burnet Bulldogs.

PPHSfan
12-05-2002, 03:24 PM
duckbutter:
Oh but shutouts do happen at state. ...........Not saying it will happen but with the way they have been playing I don't think it is impossible.
Jasper 14
Burnet 0

Jasper 28
Forney 0Wow duckbutter(what a name) :D Let me make sure I understand you correctly.

So what you are saying is that Forney will beat Everman, but then get shut out by Jasper 28-0?

WOW!!!!!

This I gotta see. :p

Dealer
12-05-2002, 03:25 PM
’83 DAINGERFIELD

BI-DISTRICT: Daingerfield 43..Clarksville 0
AREA: Daingerfield 22..Robinson 0
REGIONALS: Daingerfield 49..Kaufman 0
QUARTERFINALS: Daingerfield 51..Gladewater 0
SEMIFINALS: Daingerfield 42..Post 0
FINALS: Daingerfield 42..Sweeny 0

1983 was a long time ago and offenses are so wide open now, that one slip up can be a TD. I think Daingerfield’s record will never be broken.

turbostud
12-05-2002, 03:29 PM
WOW. THAT IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE, DEALER.

Chris Hart
12-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Jasper will not and can not shutout Burnet then Everman/Forney. Ithink the Jasper coaches and players know what they are up against, and I think they are just trying to figure out a way to beat Burnet. They know they have their hands full.

Anything is possible in this world, and PPHSfan has proven that it has been done before. Jasper has a GREAT defense and everyone knows it, but everyone knows that Jasper hasn't played anyone since last year as capable as Burnet,Everman or Forney. If you pay attention, you will see that 99% of those that even mention Jasper shutting out Burnet or Everman/Forney for that matter, are all from the Golden Triangle. If you took a poll around Ft. Worth it would be Pro Everman, and the same in central Texas with Burnet, and probably in NE Texas with Forney. I look for both semi-finals to be hard-fought close games, and we will see the 2 best teams in the championship. The popular choice is Jasper/Everman, but we know anything is possible so it very well could be Burnet/Forney. One thing is for sure no matter who plays for the championship, it will be between 2 outstanding football teams. Good luck to all, and I pray all will remain injury free for the remainder of the season. Go Burnet Bulldogs!!!

PPHSfan
12-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Well I was fixing to post the 1983 Dangerfield team scores but Dealer beat me to it :p

Wow, I think that is the year Dangerfield gave up 8 points all year long. WHEW!!!!

Did yall know that the 83 Dangerfield and 81 Pilot Point teams were both voted in the top ten All Time Greatest Highscool Football Teams in Texas. Those are the only two that I remember by heart, but I am trying hard to find the list. It was done a few years back and I can't remember where I saw it.

greendog fan
12-05-2002, 06:14 PM
duckbutter:
Oh but shutouts do happen at state. Newton shutout Daingerfield 21-0 for the title in 98. A lot of times the state game is not as good as the playoffs. I think Jasper will win state and not only win but may even get there without a point being scored on them. Not saying it will happen but with the way they have been playing I don't think it is impossible.
Jasper 14
Burnet 0
1991 Burnet 0 Goesbreck 7 It can happen
Jasper 28
Forney 0

HotDawg89
12-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Jason1725:
almighty powerful Super Bowl caliber Burnet Bulldogs.Wow- now that is a mouth full. Out of context, that is some compliment! hee hee!

You've got Burnet all wrong. . .

Burnet is just really proud of this team. Unlike some of you, it has been a long time coming. We haven't had this caliber of team or program in many years.

We've got this kid, Luke Pell, that is a senior this year. In our programs, there is a picture of him riding a bike when he was about 4, in a home town parade with a sign that said "State Champs 2002" It has just been an obsession with these kids most of their lives. It's not that Burnet fans are all arrogant (though after reading a lot of these posts- it is clear that many are) it is just a home town pride thing- we are just proud of our kids- that's all.

Many teams and fans have talked about the congeniality of the players during the game- they aren't a bunch of trash-talkers, they are polite and show good sportsmanship. Most of our starters are on the honor roll, and all are just plain good kids.

To me, it isn't pompous or arrogant, it is what this little town needed.

I am just really excited to watch this game. I'm sure that many other fans feel the same way about their teams, and guys- this is what football is all about.

Jason1725
12-06-2002, 12:08 AM
I am not talking about being proud of a team because with this group of seniors the story is almost the same. Until last year most of this group went through without losing a game, so this has been a special group of seniors. I just got ticked a little by the guy that said Jasper is just trying to find a way to win. Like somehow this Jasper team isn't any good or something. That just by some miricle this team made it this far. I think both of these teams are well matched and it's gonna come down to who makes the most turnovers. I had a weak moment and I am sorry. Thats just how I am, i'm an excitable guy. It just got under my skin thats all. I didn't mean it as an attack on your kids that in no way is what I was trying to do. I mean the trash talk that has been talked in here on both sides is getting about as old as left over turkey. We will all find out who the best team is in a matter of hours from now. Go Jasper!

Bulldog92
12-06-2002, 12:16 AM
It's the same way in Jasper, HotDawg. Either way, it's gonna be great for somebody. This almost feels like a state title game. We've never gotten this far, so we're proud of our guys, too. This is where the poop hits the fan. Everybody wants it bad, but who wants it more? :D

SWTdawg
12-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Both teams want it just the same in my opinion.

The real question is, who is going to make the most mistakes???

My guess will be Jasper because Burnet has already been put up to tough tasks (Marlin, Sinton) and they have proven that they can keep their composure. Jasper has been DEFEATED and will be again.

HotDawg89
12-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Jason1725... Don't misunderstand- I wasn't using your quote to try to imply that you were upset when you posted...quite honestly, I thought it was funny! That's why I used it. :cool:

Just like you- it gets irritating when people think you got here by sitting on your flanks. That you are so beatable. Like Old Card totally counting out the Burnet team as if they were a pile they passed in the park.

No apologies necessary- I didn't take your post that way at all. Good luck to your team; and you know what??- the better team will win and that is what counts!

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

DAWGPOUND
12-06-2002, 01:31 AM
Ya'll ignore Old Cardinal. He is a harmless ex-engineer with too much time on his hands who like most of us in the stands, thinks he is a coach. He is an information junkie and gathers it from all over from many sources. All this information and without a clue how to use it. If any of you remember Dan Dierdorf on Monday Night Football, you know Old Cardinal. His views are usually extreme dealing with superlatives in one way or another. Occasionally when he is right, it is lost among his many miscalculations. He is not a bad guy, just too much time on his hands. Things could be worse though. If he worked for the State Department, nuclear winter would have started a couple of years ago. wink

The Chosen 1
12-06-2002, 05:34 AM
Old cardinal,

you sir are insane.
I will give you props that Jasper is good, but not even Jasper can dominate teams like Burnet and Everman and Forney.

No team will win easily, and to think that they will is just plain stupid. The winner of the state tourney will have to go thru hell and back to win.

Go Everman Bulldogs!!!
eek! eek! eek! eek!

Matthew328
12-06-2002, 07:50 AM
No....Jasper won't shut out Burnet...heck I think Jasper would just be happy to get a win! I don't believe they'll shut out the Everman-Forney winner either...by the way the 1983 Daingerfield team was probably the best team of all time..they gave up a total of 8 points all year...the 1980 Pittsburg team was a good one also..

crzyjournalist03
12-06-2002, 09:31 AM
I seriously doubt there will be any more shutouts in 3A football this year.

Old Cardinal
12-06-2002, 01:50 PM
To Dawgpound who came on board Oct 12,2002 who thought games could be won today on "penetrations". and to The Chosen 1, who made his first post on Nov. 20, 2002. I am sorry but I will be glad to stand on my predictions, as accurate as any one else who has frequented this board over the years. Here is some of my predictions (1) I said at the beginning of the year that the winner of the Marlin vs Newton game will win state Div II-I still stand by that prediction. (2) I predicted that the winner of the Forney vs Wills Point game would represent Region II (3) I predicted that Bridge City would meet Jasper for the Region III crown.(4) I am predicting that Jasper will win over Burnet, basically because of Burnets weak showing against Gatesville, Somerset, and a tie against a much smaller enrollment Marlin from Region III. (5) And yes, I am predicting that Jasper will win over the Forney vs Everman game victor. I probably will not be as accurate as last year, I think I was just plain lucky last year.

DOGS1
12-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Old Card,

Let me start of by saying that I agree with you on your first three predictions. Now on to your fourth. You are saying that Jasper will beat BURNET based on there poor showings against Gatesville, Marlin and Somerset. Let’s break this down a bit:

Gatesville: This game was played pretty early in the season, BURNET was a little rocky, I will admit. But, a 42-20 victory is a lot better than a 6-14 loss (Jasper-Jesuit).

Marlin: There is nothing to be said about this game. Marlin is great, as you said in your first prediction. But, it ended with a BURNET win, not a tie. (By the way, BURNET did much better against this small enrollment school than Bridge City did against Newton, who is much smaller.)

Somerset: This game was never close. BURNET was up 42-7 early in the third quarter. Then our subs came in. Now the one thing this proves is that Jasper has more depth than BURNET. That will not matter in this game if both teams are injury free.

What does this all prove? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

You have said all week long that Jasper will shut out BURNET. I think you have said 35-0 or 42-0. This will not happen. You say this only because Bridge City was shut out by Jasper and for no other reasons.

Old Cardinal
12-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Sir, My real predictions come from having seen Jasper play several games. They are too far above the field of 3A traditional Bracket teams. Sir, you are going to be playing against some 6'9"& 10" players that are ranked in the top ten players of the nation. They have a bunch of giant players, with skill. Their linebacker, Will Byerly could start for any College team in Texas right now. Mexia, Cameron Yoe and Bridge City were outclassed on the field just as you will be. Pittman (C. Yoe) and Knight (BC) are not normally intercepted. Knight only once this year, yet Jasper intercepted him 3 times. I am not trying to be-little you folks, I am just saying that my view of what is fixing to happen, is just an honest appraisal based on seeing a lot of 3A level football through the years. If you beat Jasper, then my friend, I will be the first to say that you have one whale of a team. It just won't happen!

PPHSfan
12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
HEHEHE it just gets better :D

southern_thunder
12-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Old card you cant explain it to them they will just have to see it for them selves. And they will Sat. at 2:00.

WHEN THE BEASTS FROM THE EAST ARRIVE!!!!

turbostud
12-06-2002, 04:05 PM
I bet I can make it even better.

duckbutter
12-06-2002, 04:31 PM
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Old Card but I think his assessment this time is right.

everman_guy
12-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Just a few notes....Everman has not been shutout since 1998. They have also scored 675 points so far this year in 13 games, so the chances of them getting shutout are slim. I am sure Burnet and Forney can boast similar numbers as well. The last time I remember Forney getting shutout was Week 0 of 2000. I have no idea about Burnet.....my point is shutting these 3 teams out is almost impossible, doing it 2 in a row is even more impossible.

BurnetDawg
12-06-2002, 05:32 PM
yeah i really dont see us gettin shut out our bois fight till its over and and im hopen we get to play everman or forney next week and whats all this jasper and forney business hey nuttins happend yet guys lets take it one game at a time ok good luck Jasper,Forney,and Everman!!!!
hey and if thoings dont go the way u wanted be proud u made it this far its a honor to be playin w/yall!!!!!!!!!
GO DAWGS
ONE TEAM ONE DREAM :D

DAWGPOUND
12-06-2002, 05:52 PM
Old Cardinal,
Now you are making me lose respect for your research skills. When did I ever say that a game could be won on penetrations???? You obviously have me confused with one of your other friends. I must compliment you on your latest posts. They are concise and to the point. One can choose to agree or disagree without the implied arrogance and superiority of some of your previous posts. Just keep in mind that many people judge our town and school by your posts. :)

big daddy russ
12-06-2002, 05:53 PM
The game's at 2? Man, I'm glad ya'll said something. I was under the impression that it was going to start at 4:30. Thanks.

turbostud
12-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Hey Dawgpound you got that right! Its people like me that just sit around and wait for people like old cardinal to open his pie hole so I can shove some crow down his craw.

HotDawg89
12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
BurnetDawg, that was one classy post!
Nicely put!

Jason1725
12-06-2002, 07:58 PM
I am glad that you found out the game was at 2:00, because that would suck worse than a vacuum to miss this game. Only a matter of hours now, and as Micheal Buffer would say " Let's get Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaady to Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaa!" lol!

Old Cardinal
12-06-2002, 09:07 PM
I would just like to compliment the Bridge City Cardinals and the Orangefield Bobcats, at this point. Orangefield made the Playoffs and were 2nd in 21-3A when they were picked next to the cellar in preseason. Bridge City went 11-2 losing to Newton very early when Newton was ranked #1 in 3A; and also to Jasper in the third round when Jasper to, was #1 in some polls. You had a good year for both teams, and got just as far as your corporate skills could carry you. Many teams envy your records. I and others, certainly don't mind being attack for our stated predictions and opinions, it is unfortunate that you should be attack to get back at us.We could have taken the stand! "You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say can and will be misquoted and used against you.".This would be a very quite message board if some of us did not start some stimulating message entries.

JASPER- GYM
12-06-2002, 09:39 PM
AMEN OLD CARD I've been saying all week that Jasper will shut out Burnet (35-0) But, it may be asking to much to do it the rest of the year, because our coaches will give everyone a chance to get in the game after we have it well-in-hand.
(and they should) Our JV "D" has made some GREAT stops through out the playoffs (1st and goal inside the 5 yard line last week they held 4 times to end the game) well, I have convinced myself we'll shut everyone out!!!!!

bd0707
12-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Qld Card, would you point out to me where your Cardinals or the Bobcats were even remotely attacked anywhere on this topic. You propose to be the protector of their honor, when in fact if they have ever been attacked on this entire board then I suggest to you the blood would likely be on your hands as the instigater. You also say that YOU and others don't mind taking the attacks. I believe you relish the idea of being attacked. What you call attacks from others, you deem as "opinions" coming from yourself, now who is the "pompous" one. I submit to you once again Old Card is becoming an Old Bore. ps. I too have opinions, however that was an attack. good day SIR

sinfan75
12-06-2002, 10:20 PM
It's Everman over Burnet in the finals.Everman wins title! Until proven otherwise Everman numero uno!!But I'm Rootin for Burnet ALL THE WAY!!!

bearkatdad
12-06-2002, 10:37 PM
Jasper will WIN, but I don't think it will be a shutout..

nxman
12-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Old Card, I'm with ya! I've seen Jasper play this year. The game I saw was Jasper/Newton. Newton scored more points on them(20)than any other team this year. Jasper made several mistakes that game, but not enough to make any difference. Jasper dominated! They still are prone to making mistakes, but I've only seen and heard of their mistakes coming from offense, not defense. They have the BEST team I've ever seen in 3A football. I think there is a great possibility they will take the title without any opposition score. Jasper is THAT GOOD! Good luck to Burnet, Fourney, and Everman. You're all champions!

SintonFan
12-07-2002, 06:10 AM
Jeezzz, I've never seen so many bad post...
Old Card, I gotta agree to DISAGREE!
Burnet won't be shutout! You did provide much bulletin board material for Jasper(I'm sure.)

What a crazy topic! I'm glad I was gone for two nights!
75, I gotta back you up! And when we agree...
WE ARE 100%!!! :D :D :D

Start the quaking... LOL... :cool:

Old Cardinal
12-07-2002, 01:06 PM
To Mr bd0707 from Burnet, I think I have an answer to your dilema in the following adage, " Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film" Think that might just fit your situation?

<small>[ December 07, 2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-07-2002, 05:45 PM
Well I think the question now is.......will Burnet stop scoring??????????????????? :D :D :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Well old card ur question has been answered

NOOOOOOOOOO they cant shut out the next opponents they cant even beat them!

classof 90
12-07-2002, 07:04 PM
old crow opps i mean card and you sewer rat i mean spivey
BELIEVE IN BURNET
that just kicked the @#$%^#$% out of jasper
who will it be next????

just havin' a little fun
great job BURNET BRING IT HOME

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
The answer is still. Never!

HotDawg89
12-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Old Cardinal:
Sir, My real predictions come from having seen Jasper play several games. They are too far above the field of 3A traditional Bracket teams. (paraphrase) If you beat Jasper, then my friend, I will be the first to say that you have one whale of a team. It just won't happen!please just read my signature line...

Matthew328
12-10-2002, 02:00 AM
Very amusing seeing this post brought back

HotDawg89
12-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanks Matthew 328, I thought so too! :D

callandraise
12-11-2002, 01:59 PM
If memory serves me and it usually does The 83 Daingerfield team gave up one touchdown in 16 games and that was an interception returned for a touchdown, the defense was unscored on.I remember because if Ballinger had won one more game we would have had to play them in the semifinals.Instead Post beat us and they had the pleasure of losing 42-0 to Daingerfield the next week.

vet93
12-13-2002, 06:25 PM
Callandraise...I think that I remember that it was a muffed punt snapped over the punters head that lead to a Carthage (4A semifinalist that year) touchdown. I know that it sounds crazy and we would have gotten killed, but I still wish that Ballinger would have had the opportunity to play the tigers. Keesee had as accurate an arm as anyone I have seen in high school and a pinpoint passing game is the only thing that I think might have had a chance to move the football against the Tigers. Running teams were crushed. The limiting factor would have been the o-line's ability to protect the qb. By the way...I saw them play the next game against Sweeny in the state championship game. They won that game 42-0 as well with 2 touchdowns called back.

callandraise:
If memory serves me and it usually does The 83 Daingerfield team gave up one touchdown in 16 games and that was an interception returned for a touchdown, the defense was unscored on.I remember because if Ballinger had won one more game we would have had to play them in the semifinals.Instead Post beat us and they had the pleasure of losing 42-0 to Daingerfield the next week.

Matthew328
12-13-2002, 07:57 PM
The 1983 Daingerfield team gave up 8....yes 8 points all year...2 points to Kilgore in Week 1 when a snapp went over the punters head into the end zone..Kilgore was a Rd 2 4A team that year..and they gave up 6 to 4A Semi-Finalist Carthage..that Daingerfield could have very well won the 5A tittle that year...they were THAT good...does anyone remember the 1980 Pittsburg team?? They were VERY good also...kinda weird how in such a short time 2 awesome teams could come from such close proximity...Pittsburg and Daingerfield aren't but 15 miles apart..

PPHSfan
12-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Matthew,

I don't disagree with you that the 1983 Daingerfield team was one of the best teams ever. But just out of curiosity....exactly how old were you in 1983 when you were watching this team play? :p

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 06:40 PM
I will go ahead and bring this one back up one more time. That way yall can judge Old Card's character for yourself. First he was wrong. Second he never came here and ate his crow. :D

Old Cardinal
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM
So I misses a prediction-BIG DEAL....Jasper has lost two games that I know of to 3A teams since entering 3A...They have proven to be a force and a very worthy opponent, ask Burnet folks about this year. Hey PP Head, Tell us again how Pilot Point was gunna kick everyone butts in 3A, like you did for several years... lol....

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Old Cardinal:
So I misses a prediction-BIG DEAL....Jasper has lost two games that I know of to 3A teams since entering 3A...They have proven to be a force and a very worthy opponent, ask Burnet folks about this year. Hey PP Head, Tell us again how Pilot Point was gunna kick everyone butts in 3A, like you did for several years... lol....PP has been in the playoffs both years in 3A so far. Funny I didn't see Bridge City there last year. Hmmmmm Pilot Point has a better 3A record moving up into 3A than Bridge City does moving down to 3A....imagine that.

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

poncho
02-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Man that was some great reading and funny to. :D

Matthew328
02-17-2004, 09:15 PM
LOL this thread was great..

olddawggreen
02-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Ahhhhh the memories! :D :D

olddawggreen
02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Ahhhhh the memories! :D :D

WOSgrad
02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Okay, so let me get this straight. Because Old Cardinal predicted that Jasper would take the title in '02 you are going to level charges of arrogance (which none has been able to find from any WO-S poster) at WO-S? I don't recall that Jasper was predicted by many to beat Burnet because of the fact that they were 4A the previous year. Rather, it was the fact the Jasper was, for the most part, beating the crap out of its playoff opponents in Region III.

If picking Jasper to win over Burnet in '02 was a sin, OldCard wasn't the only sinner. And if picking WO-S to do well in 3A this year is as big a sin, show me the way to the confessional 'cause I gotta lot of Hail Mary's and Lord's Prayers to say.

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
You would have had to been here for the past few years to know why Old Card gets picked on. This is just one example.

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 10:16 PM
And I have not leveled any charges of arrogance at W-OS, and neither has Keith. You guys are just so sensitive that you think us razzing Old Card for talking about W-OS is directed at yall.

How did the song go?

♪♪♪♪Your so Vain...you probably think this song is about you......♪♪♪♪

Matthew328
02-18-2004, 07:56 AM
PPHSfan:
You would have had to been here for the past few years to know why Old Card gets picked on. This is just one example.Yeah we've been picking on OC for a while now.... :) LOL

You know OC the DFWDC has still been secretly meeting...after last seasons disappointments we had to envoke major changes!

Old Cardinal
02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey PP Head, Bridge City made 9 playoff games in 3A in four years, including none in the rebuilding last season. Let's see if Pilot Point can do that? I am a little flattered that my pick of WO-S is that controversial. I am sitting here saying WO-S 60% and Jasper 40% to win their opening game of the year. I think you would be crazy not to pick one of those two teams to get the crown!

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Keith7
02-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Old Cardinal:
Hey PP Head, Bridge City made 9 playoff games in 3A in four years, including none in the rebuilding last season. Let's see if Pilot Point can do that? I am a little flattered that my pick of WO-S is that controversial. I am sitting here saying WO-S 60% and Jasper 40% to win their opening game of the year. I think you would be crazy not to pick one of those two teams to get the crown!i guess u forgot about the leopards too

Old Cardinal
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
What would satisfy you Keith? How about "Gainesville-prepetual Champions and #1 rating through 2044!" Would that satisfy your ego? lol

3afan2K3
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Keith7:

Old Cardinal:
Hey PP Head, Bridge City made 9 playoff games in 3A in four years, including none in the rebuilding last season. Let's see if Pilot Point can do that? I am a little flattered that my pick of WO-S is that controversial. I am sitting here saying WO-S 60% and Jasper 40% to win their opening game of the year. I think you would be crazy not to pick one of those two teams to get the crown!i guess u forgot about the leopards tooForney has made 15

j_dog
02-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Old Cardinal:
What would satisfy you Keith? How about "Gainesville-prepetual Champions and #1 rating through 2044!" Would that satisfy your ego? lolOC, that's a good one, but why stop with 2044? Give him the rest of the century! :D He loves every opinion on the board, as long as it is his. He excoriates you for expressing your opinion, but if challenged himself, he retreats to that it is just an opinion so what is the big deal. Or was that PPfan? I can't keep all those North Texans straight. :p

PPHSfan
02-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Let's get something straight. I loathe Gainesville, and Keith and I have never really gotten along. But since Gainesville went 15-0 last season and they return their star RB along with several others, They Are Number One Until Beaten, that is not an opinion, that is just plain courtesy. Last year even though Burnet got the early nod, 95% of the folks here said Everman was number one until beaten as well.

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

j_dog
02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
PPHSfan:
Let's get something straight. I loathe Gainesville, and Keith and I have never really gotten along. But since Gainesville went 15-0 last season and they return their star RB along with several others, They Are Number One Until Beaten, that is not an opinion, that is just plain courtesy. Last year even though Burnet got the early nod, 95% of the folks here said Everman was number one until beaten as well.And I have posted much the very same thing if you care to check around. :) Good luck to Gainesville in defending their title. And good luck to PP. But, I do reserve the right to pull for SE Texas teams. :)

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

olddawggreen
02-18-2004, 11:33 PM
And to think some of you were wanting us newly designated 4Aers to move on. No way, this is all going to be too much fun watching all of this, I definatly wouldn't want to miss out on any of it! eek! eek! :D

jason
02-18-2004, 11:50 PM
olddawggreen:
And to think some of you were wanting us newly designated 4Aers to move on. No way, this is all going to be too much fun watching all of this, I definatly wouldn't want to miss out on any of it! eek! eek! :D ur darn right...we aint goin nowhere so they'd better get used to us...

sinton66
02-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Get used to you???? I'm gonna have nightmares for years!!! :D :D :D just kidding.