PDA

View Full Version : Cowherds 6 upsets for 2007

wildstangs
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Underdog will win - or cover the spread according to The Herd. He went 5-1 last year. Discuss!

6. Purdue over Notre Dame
5. Texas A&M over Nebraska
4. Arizona State over USC
3. Kentucky over Florida
2. Alabama over LSU
1. Wisconsin over Michigan

burnet44
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Underdog will win - or cover the spread according to The Herd. He went 5-1 last year. Discuss!

3. Kentucky over Florida
2. Alabama over LSU

6. not an upset
5. Wont happen
4. maybe but SC will get all the calls
3. see number 5
2. this one might actually happen
1. see number 5

Ill say 2 of these may happen
and one of em not being an upset

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM

3. Kentucky over Florida
2. Alabama over LSU

6. Easy call, ND will suck
5. don't think so, unless they play in CS
4. No way
3. good call, but close
2. no way
1. Depends on the Wis. Defense

I'd say 3 of those things happen

R4Editor
08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Cowherd is usually right when it comes to college football

Cameron Crazy
08-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Cowherd is usually right when it comes to college football Yes!

Darren
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Are we talking about Collin here?

I am surprized that he would pick ND and USC to be upset.

He is such a Pac - 10 homer and he has a man crush on Charlie Weis.

burnet44
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
i thought he had a man crush on Pete Carroll

Cameron Crazy
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
He has one on both.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM

6. Purdue over Notre Dame : wouldnt be a big suprise
5. Texas A&M over Nebraska : should have won last year, will this year
4. Arizona State over USC : this one is always close till the 4th qtr
3. Kentucky over Florida: um...nah
2. Alabama over LSU : highly unlikely, the media including Cowherd was bashing Ala. last year before they got Saben back, now he's on their jock??
1. Wisconsin over Michigan : nope, Michican is going to do nothing but get better in the coming years, I smell a Natl. Champ for them in the next 2 to 3 yrs.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 01:48 PM
but being a homer and being biased are two completely different things, and Cowherd really grasps this concept much better than many sports personalities.

wildstangs
08-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
but being a homer and being biased are two completely different things, and Cowherd really grasps this concept much better than many sports personalities.

Exactly. That is why I am such a big fan of his show.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
but being a homer and being biased are two completely different things, and Cowherd really grasps this concept much better than many sports personalities. yeah, I listen to him daily. I agree w/ most of what he says, but every once in awhile I have to say "WHAT?!?" I like him because he's outspoken and says what he thinks. Only guy moreso is probably Jim Rome.

Darren
08-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I like him but he is not (normally) impartial in his predictions.

Like last year he was saying how Texas stood no chance of beating USC and saying how USC had a high class program than the TEXAS team.

And when Texas beat them he didn't admitt he was wrong he didn't say anything besides Vince Young is good.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Don't get me wrong I like him but he is not (normally) impartial in his predictions.

Like last year he was saying how Texas stood no chance of beating USC and saying how USC had a high class program than the TEXAS team.

And when Texas beat them he didn't admitt he was wrong he didn't say anything besides Vince Young is good. I half agree w/ him, and half dont on that. USC probably had overall better atheletes than Texas, and if not that, for sure a better coach. Vince Young was the difference maker on that UT team a few years ago...he was the catalyst. Without him, Texas is back to where they usually are, a very good team, always in the running for Big 12 Champ. but not a Natl Champ. caliber team. That being said, I also think USC is over-rated more times than not. Pac 10 football is not as stong as the media portrays it. USC has close ones every year against teams like ASU and Oregon. The media is doing it again though, I'm hearing nothing but how USC is by far the best team in the nation....sound a bit familiar? Like when They were going to play UT in the Champ. game and they were saying for weeks on ESPN that USC was the greatest team ever and comparing them to the Miamis and Penn States and Notre Dames of times past? What a joke.

KTJ
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM

3. Kentucky over Florida
2. Alabama over LSU

6. ND would probably struggle against Duncanville. Purdue beating them won't be an upset. That game is also being played in West Lafayette. Why would ND even be favored is beyond me.

5. This game is the 3rd in a brutal 4 game stretch for Nebraska. They play:

at Mizzou
Oklahoma State
Texas A&M
at Texas

I like Nebbish to go 3-1 in this stretch with their loss coming to Texas.

Now lets compare that to Texas A&M. A&M will go on a brutal 6 game stretch, with one "gimmie game". They play:

Oklahoma State
at Texas Tech
at Nebraska
Kansas
at Oklahoma
at Mizzou

I, honestly, think A&M goes 3-3 in this stretch, with losses coming at Texas Tech, at Nebraska, and at Oklahoma. The Mizzou game is a toss-up and I think they beat Oklahoma State at home. However, I COULD see the Okie State game being a repeat of A&M/Iowa State a few years ago.

With that said, I don't think A&M will beat Nebraska, but I don't think it will be a blowout either. That game will come down to the wire. Just by eyeballing it, that game will be a (split) national telecast on ABC.

So I like Nebraska in that matchup.

4. You know what, I could see this happening. The last 3 games of the season are:

at Cal
at Arizona State
UCLA

Granted, I don't see USC losing any of those games but if I had to pick a team that would give them the most fits, I'm picking ASU. The question is, will ASU have Erickson's philosophy down by then.

3. I was telling friends about this game and they all thought I was crazy. Kentucky is coming off of a bowl win and they didn't look half bad. (I like their all blue jerseys too. ) Don't be surprised to see Florida come out sluggish in this game because it's "Kentucky". But their basketball rivalry has kinda carried over onto the football field.

2. Two words...Les Miles. He's been known to screw crap up from time to time. (see: Oklahoma State)

I dunno kids. This game is played at Bryant-Denny. Alabama folks will be boozed up and ready to go, especially with the comments Miles made about 'Bama.

Right now, I'm picking LSU. Ask me this question again when we're 5 games or so into the season.

(Alabama gets Tennessee and LSU both at home. They are back to back games too.)

1. YESH! I like that answer. Last game of the season at Camp Randall and I like Wiscy the whole way.

DaHop72
08-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Exactly. That is why I am such a big fan of his show. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: