PDA

View Full Version : Dont leave out Burnet.

alanclay37
02-06-2002, 04:39 PM
I dont think that there is a team that will play with Burnet in 2002. THey were awesome last year with a very young team. There backfied was made up of sophmores and juniors. The QB is a soph and he is a stud, probably the best prospect in 3A. I wish they went to 4A and come this fall alot of other people will agree with me. My money is on them all the way.

toby070
02-06-2002, 05:43 PM
The receiver (Shipley) and RB (Miller) are studs too, and I think they only lost one starter on a very big and good-sized o-line...they will be very hard to stop because you can't focus on just the run or just the pass, you'll have to respect both. With the extra year of maturity, I believe they'll come out and and have the same type of year Wimberley had this season.

LH_PANTHER
02-06-2002, 10:16 PM
I agree Burnet will be very good and I look for them to make a great run in the playoffs.

beefy
02-07-2002, 03:02 PM
burnet will be very explosive next year. they have good skill players and good sized linemen. they have spent every morning and off-season period in the weight room hitting the iron and look to be very strong. they just hired coach merket as their qb coach. the same guy who was the oc at stephenville during the 93'94' state championship run. they are planning a thorough and complete season. that means 15 baby and the ring....

toby070
02-08-2002, 01:19 PM
beefy, are you from Burnet? I've been talking them up for some time (since the Wimberley game), and I know they don't lose many kids, but sounds like you have more specific info. Didn't they only graduate 3-4 starters, or am I wrong about that? I know skill palyers and o-line are back, what exactly did they lose?

I thought it was classic when you guys (if you ARE from Burnet) lined up in the wishbone on your first play before motioning into the new spread offense.

beefy
02-08-2002, 03:16 PM
yeah, i'm from burnet. the bone formation was sort of a dig to the previous staff and something to try and throw wimberley a curve. burnet lost two offensive linemen to graduation. other than that they are all back. yup that's right they are all back........