PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles.......

lostaussie
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
was on smoaky the other day on my way home talking about his program. when they were about to go off the air, smoak wished him luck on the season. smoaky then also noted that the cougers opened with Oregon and talked about how tough of an opener the cougers had..............without ever missing a beat, Briles pointed out, that the ducks ALSO had a tough opener. i like that out of a coach..............i hope the cougers KSA!!!!!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
was on smoaky the other day on my way home talking about his program. when they were about to go off the air, smoak wished him luck on the season. smoaky then also noted that the cougers opened with Oregon and talked about how tough of an opener the cougers had..............without ever missing a beat, Briles pointed out, that the ducks ALSO had a tough opener. i like that out of a coach..............i hope the cougers KSA!!!!!!!!

Man, I love Coach Briles, he is and always will be one of my favorites. He's a genuinely nice guy.

carter08
08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
GO COOGS!

Losing Kolb concerns me, but I think Blake Joseph will do an adequete job. They need to find another RB to compiment Alridge though. Thunder and lightning, and right now theres no thunder.

Defense looks solid.

htowntransplant
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
look for a big year from donnie avery....

DU_stud04
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
briles shoulda stayed in sweetwater.... with a coach like that and talent they did have, i think sweetwater would have had more than that one state championship they have...him or stapler

Bubba-Joe
08-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Briles - oh the stories !!!
One story about Art Briles is that.......
following a less than great stint at Georgetown High School, Briles was looking at a few openings -- One of the places that he wasn't hired the year he took the Stephenville job........
yes snyder texas, the tigers hired someone else other than Briles....

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
following a less than great stint at Georgetown High School, Briles was looking at a few openings -- One of the places that he wasn't hired the year he took the Stephenville job........
yes snyder texas, the tigers hired someone else other than Briles....
I didn't know he was at Georgetown.....he wouldn't be the only one with a "less than great stint" there. ;) Snyder's loss was definitely Stephenville's gain. :D

injuredinmelee
08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
David Baugh was almost like a hometown boy for Snyder though. He had ben pretty successful in Iowa Park prior to the Tigers hiring him.

burnet44
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I didn't know he was at Georgetown.....he wouldn't be the only one with a "less than great stint" there. ;) Snyder's loss was definitely Stephenville's gain. :D

Les is the only one who really won at GT

Georgetown (16) 1927, 28, 50, 55, 61, 68, 69, 70, 80, 81, 83, 90, 91, 97, 98, 99

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
who cares?

what he did with the stephenville program was amazing!

Success at Houston only validates him as a great coach

i can tell you right now that Dodge is praying for the success Briles has had during his relatively short tenure

Butkus
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
yes snyder texas, the tigers hired someone else other than Briles.... Glad ta see ya finally drug ur ugly carcass back on here. See ifin ya can't put some more football knowledge on here so old loopy can copy and paste it ta his site.:D