PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones is a moron

Emerson1
08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
How stupid is Jerry Jones? He didn't draft Brady Quinn. This kid is making MILLIONS now and is gonna be rookie MVP, in training camp right now he looks like Joe Montana in his prime. It's quite unbelievable how far he has come since his last game in December. His teammates say he is 10 times the leader that Vince Young will ever be

luvhoops34
08-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Emerson, why don't you tell us how you really feel?:p

carter08
08-06-2007, 08:44 PM
They draft Brady next year.

He's not signing with the Browns. Ever. Sadly.

KTA
08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
How stupid is Jerry Jones? He didn't draft Brady Quinn. This kid is making MILLIONS now and is gonna be rookie MVP, in training camp right now he looks like Joe Montana in his prime. It's quite unbelievable how far he has come since his last game in December. His teammates say he is 10 times the leader that Vince Young will ever be

when pigs fly out of my ***

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by KTA
when pigs fly out of my ***

The last time someone used the expression of pigs flying ended up having to eat it later...

carter08
08-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
The last time someone used the expression of pigs flying ended up having to eat it later...

C. Montgomery Burns?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08
C. Montgomery Burns?

Nah, it was in response to when I said that Texarkana L-E would beat Gilmer, but I don't remember who it was who said it.

KTA
08-06-2007, 10:05 PM
This kid is making MILLIONS now

As of NOW he aint

in training camp right now he looks like Joe Montana in his prime

he aint even there yet

His teammates say he is 10 times the leader that Vince Young will ever be

How would they know, like previously stated

I think im safe ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by KTA
As of NOW he aint

he aint even there yet

How would they know, like previously stated

I think im safe ;)

You kiss boys.

KTA
08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
you kiss lil kids while there at recess:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by KTA
you kiss lil kids while there at recess:p

Well, legally I can't get within 100 yards of a park or a school anymore...Just kidding.

KTA
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
ugh thats sick and funny all at the same time

zebrablue2
08-06-2007, 10:41 PM
he is a moron, ask any of his former coaches. it is his way or the highway. he should leave phillips alone and sit in his booth, at least until they get to the super bowl. he will never learn, but he has the big bucks.

KTA
08-06-2007, 10:43 PM
it is his way or the highway

isnt it that way with most boss'?

Ranger Mom
08-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, legally I can't get within 100 yards of a park or a school anymore...Just kidding.

ROFL!! That was funny!!:D :D

Phil C
08-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Vince Young is the best. Both on and off the field. He is soon to lead the Titans to glory.

burnet44
08-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by KTA
isnt it that way with most boss'?

yeah everywhere

JasperDog94
08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
When Cleveland ends up with the 3rd worst record this year and the Cowboys get the 3rd pick in the draft next year, I don't think they'll be too concerned.:D

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
When Cleveland ends up with the 3rd worst record this year and the Cowboys get the 3rd pick in the draft next year, I don't think they'll be too concerned.:D

who do you have as second worst??? I honestly can't think of anybody besides Oakland at this point who I think will be worse!

Cameron Crazy
08-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, legally I can't get within 100 yards of a park or a school anymore...Just kidding. Don't scare me like that!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Vince Young is the best. Both on and off the field. He is soon to lead the Titans to glory.

In a couple of years, there will be an Aggie quarterback by the name of Jerrod Johnson who will make people forget about all of the greatness that is Vince Young. The reason I say it's not Stephen McGee is because Stephen has an entirely different style...Jerrod can run with the ball just like Vince did, is smart, and can throw the ball a mile accurately on a consistent basis.

Phil C
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
In a couple of years, there will be an Aggie quarterback by the name of Jerrod Johnson who will make people forget about all of the greatness that is Vince Young. The reason I say it's not Stephen McGee is because Stephen has an entirely different style...Jerrod can run with the ball just like Vince did, is smart, and can throw the ball a mile accurately on a consistent basis.

But don't forget Stephen McGee will be a great one in the NFL. He won't have the success VY has but he will be excellent. If he foregoes his senior year he will be an early draft pick and make mucho money.

Emerson1
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I can't decide which statement was dumber, garys or phils

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
But don't forget Stephen McGee will be a great one in the NFL. He won't have the success VY has but he will be excellent. If he foregoes his senior year he will be an early draft pick and make mucho money.

That all will be shown in the future. Vince is doing well, but he's not as fundamentally sound as McGee. The last time I checked, every team in the NFL would take Peyton Manning over VY because he has the fundamentals. Fundamentals is prevailing over athleticism for right now, but things could change and I might be wrong, only time will tell. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha

Good one, Giggles.

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 10:52 AM

Vince Young is one of the best leaders to ever play football

If Brady Quinn had the leadership skills of VY, ND would have won the national championship this year (well, plus an average defense)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Vince Young is one of the best leaders to ever play football

If Brady Quinn had the leadership skills of VY, ND would have won the national championship this year (well, plus an average defense)

What do you mean he wasn't a leader? The guy played hard every game and his teammates loved him, as did his fans. I don't know that I would give VY that classification either, there have been a lot of guys who I would follow before him.

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
What do you mean he wasn't a leader? The guy played hard every game and his teammates loved him, as did his fans. I don't know that I would give VY that classification either, there have been a lot of guys who I would follow before him.

I didn't say Quinn wasn't a great leader, but VY is just that much better

aren't you from A&M?

;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I didn't say Quinn wasn't a great leader, but VY is just that much better

aren't you from A&M?

;)

Yeah, sure am, but even though I know that VY was a great player, I'm not going to put him up on a pedestal like the Longhorn faithful do, nor am I going to try to make him out to be better than he is, was, or ever will be for that matter, but call me biased, I don't mind...

Emerson1
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
He means if Vince Young played for a&m he is instantly the greatest leader ever and thinks he should of won the heisman in 2005.

Gary you have been pretty good about not being one of those aggies who hates everything Texas, but you have slipped some lately.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
He means if Vince Young played for a&m he is instantly the greatest leader ever and thinks he should of won the heisman in 2005.

Gary you have been pretty good about not being one of those aggies who hates everything Texas, but you have slipped some lately.

I used to be a Longhorn fan, and was up until I came to school at A&M, so I supported the Longhorns and watched them win the Rose Bowl and was excited about it. I've never been too hot on Vince Young though, not even when I was a Longhorn fan. If you don't believe me you can ask anybody I went to school with or rockdale80 and they will tell you the same thing. It's not an issue of schools, I was just disgusted by how everyone thought he was God's gift to football and I never thought that he was.

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM

well, if it is any consolation (keep in mind i am a UT fan)

i do think he should have won the heisman, though

too bad the vote was taken before the Rose bowl, and right after his worst game, against A&M

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
well, if it is any consolation (keep in mind i am a UT fan)

i do think he should have won the heisman, though

too bad the vote was taken before the Rose bowl, and right after his worst game, against A&M

Yeah, I think the voting would have came out differently if they voted after the NC game, but I still think that Reggie Bush deserved the Heisman.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah, sure am, but even though I know that VY was a great player, I'm not going to put him up on a pedestal like the Longhorn faithful do, nor am I going to try to make him out to be better than he is, was, or ever will be for that matter, but call me biased, I don't mind...

Other than the fact that he had the highest QB rating in the country....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Other than the fact that he had the highest QB rating in the country....

Okay? I can think of a lot of quarterbacks that I would take before VY because he's an idiot, and I'm particularly keen on putting the ball in the hands of someone who is stupid every play. Look at the talent that Texas had that year, Chris Simms could have taken them to a NC and he sucked. Just because you put up great numbers doesn't mean automatically that you're the best player. That's just my opinion on the matter, but you always try to assert yourself as being more correct than someone else on any argument. If someone disagrees with you, they are narrow-minded. Well, if I'm narrow-minded, that makes you close-minded because you are too naive to see that other people have their own ideas and opinions. There is more to life than just the way that you see things, and I really hope that one day you can open your eyes and appreciate the opinions of others and maintain your own instead of trying to force-feed yours down everyone's throat. Numbers don't always mean everything, whether it be sports, politics, or anything else, and although they do shape a person's convictions, that doesn't mean that they're supposed to automatically make people change their minds because they are extraordinary or at times contradictory to what a person believes. Sorry brother, but I don't like Vince Young, and you, nor anyone else is going to make me.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Okay? I can think of a lot of quarterbacks that I would take before VY because he's an idiot, and I'm particularly keen on putting the ball in the hands of someone who is stupid every play. Look at the talent that Texas had that year, Chris Simms could have taken them to a NC and he sucked. Just because you put up great numbers doesn't mean automatically that you're the best player. That's just my opinion on the matter, but you always try to assert yourself as being more correct than someone else on any argument. If someone disagrees with you, they are narrow-minded. Well, if I'm narrow-minded, that makes you close-minded because you are too naive to see that other people have their own ideas and opinions. There is more to life than just the way that you see things, and I really hope that one day you can open your eyes and appreciate the opinions of others and maintain your own instead of trying to force-feed yours down everyone's throat. Numbers don't always mean everything, whether it be sports, politics, or anything else, and although they do shape a person's convictions, that doesn't mean that they're supposed to automatically make people change their minds because they are extraordinary or at times contradictory to what a person believes. Sorry brother, but I don't like Vince Young, and you, nor anyone else is going to make me.

You sit on your high horse and type up a paragraph about incessant stupid crap and expect other people to buy into it. I dont care what you think about VY. But the numbers dont lie. He shattered records and won a NC title. More than any QB that year, and more than any for many many years before and after him. There is a reason people put him in a different category. It is because he is good and backed it up on the field. Sure you think he is an idiot, but he is making millions at the next level. And yes you did support UT, and when you decided to go to ATM you stopped cold turkey and turned your back on everything you supported growing up. Then you mock anything UT does because ATM is so much better. Give me a break. If you dont like what I have to say, or my opinions on anything then you can click that ignore button at the bottom of your screen along with anyone else that doesnt want to read it. That way you wont have to read the narrow minded opinions of your older brother who knows nothing because he doesnt agree with you. I dont care either way.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
You sit on your high horse and type up a paragraph about incessant stupid crap and expect other people to buy into it. I dont care what you think about VY. But the numbers dont lie. He shattered records and won a NC title. More than any QB that year, and more than any for many many years before and after him. There is a reason people put him in a different category. It is because he is good and backed it up on the field. Sure you think he is an idiot, but he is making millions at the next level. And yes you did support UT, and when you decided to go to ATM you stopped cold turkey and turned your back on everything you supported growing up. Then you mock anything UT does because ATM is so much better. Give me a break. If you dont like what I have to say, or my opinions on anything then you can click that ignore button at the bottom of your screen along with anyone else that doesnt want to read it. That way you wont have to read the narrow minded opinions of your older brother who knows nothing because he doesnt agree with you. I dont care either way.

If you didn't care what I thought about VY, then why did you say anything to begin with. You refuse to let anything stand, that's why my reply is what it was. At least I have a reason for jumping ship and having pride in the school that I attend and play for. Personally, I love having all of my older brothers support my rival school and flaunt it every time they get the chance, it really makes me feel great on the inside.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
If you didn't care what I thought about VY, then why did you say anything to begin with. You refuse to let anything stand, that's why my reply is what it was. At least I have a reason for jumping ship and having pride in the school that I attend and play for. Personally, I love having all of my older brothers support my rival school and flaunt it every time they get the chance, it really makes me feel great on the inside.

How can you even say that I dont support everything you have ever done. I guess that was someone else taking off almost every friday and driving across texas just to see my younger brother play. thats right. I dont support you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 12:18 PM
How can you even say that I dont support everything you have ever done. I guess that was someone else taking off almost every friday and driving across texas just to see my younger brother play. thats right. I dont support you.

I never said that you didn't support me, it's what you DO support that bothers me. Yes, seeing you all wear the burnt orange does get to me, I'm sorry. The whole "pride in Texan teams" is crap, because none of you would be caught dead in a Cameron Yoemen t-shirt. I guess I'm just selfish though, oh well.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I never said that you didn't support me, it's what you DO support that bothers me. Yes, seeing you all wear the burnt orange does get to me, I'm sorry. The whole "pride in Texan teams" is crap, because none of you would be caught dead in a Cameron Yoemen t-shirt. I guess I'm just selfish though, oh well.

You buy me an aggie shirt and I will wear it. I havent spent a single dollar on any UT shirt I wear. Maybe you should talk to claire. And if I am not mistaken you still have some UT stuff too....

3afan
08-07-2007, 12:21 PM
... the school that I attend and play for. ...

hey what # are you on the aTm roster?

http://www.aggieathletics.com/roster.php?SID=MFB&YOS=2007

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM

And I think when I drove down to watch your scrimmage I went and spent 60 dollars on an ATM sweatshirt so i didnt freeze while sitting in the cold to NOT support my brother.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

I am willing to bet that he has played more college ball than you....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Check back in about 2-3 weeks and you will find my name on there once again.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
You buy me an aggie shirt and I will wear it. I havent spent a single dollar on any UT shirt I wear. Maybe you should talk to claire. And if I am not mistaken you still have some UT stuff too....

I do have UT stuff, I have a lot of shirts and hoodies in my closet. I have more UT clothes than that of A&M, but you're not going to see me wearing any of them just because I have them.

Emerson1
They have both played the same amount.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
And I think when I drove down to watch your scrimmage I went and spent 60 dollars on an ATM sweatshirt so i didnt freeze while sitting in the cold to NOT support my brother.

Yeah, the first time I've seen you wear A&M anything since you were in high school.

3afan
08-07-2007, 12:30 PM

eh?

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
They have both played the same amount.

and how many times have you suited up in a college uniform? Or your dad? how many times did you have the stones to even try?

3afan
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
whoa - it was just a question ......

Emerson1
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
None of us have ever played in a college game, so I guess we are all even.

Txbroadcaster
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

While I wont try to make you..I will disagree that Simms could have taken that team to a NC title game...Simms had just as talented of a team and did nothing with it...What Vince Young did was be the final piece, the true difference maker for a top ten team.

You say Young is an idiot..I dont know about his intelligence, but his football IQ is not to bad...Look at his completion % and his TD to ints. and the fact in that offense he was reading the defense on the zone draw.

his ability to rally his team has been proven over and over.

Is Young the best QB ever in college football? Cant really answer that, to many variables. Is he a legend for his on the field play, yes.

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
whoa - it was just a question ......

you know what you meant by saying that. :rolleyes:

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
None of us have ever played in a college game, so I guess we are all even.

And what have you accomplished on or off the field? Downplay it if you want, but it is more than you have.

3afan
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
you know what you meant by saying that. :rolleyes:

*sigh*

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 01:00 PM
*sigh*

Dont act like you werent trying to take a shot. You know exactly what you were doing. act innocent if you want, but we all know what you were getting at.

3afan
08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
not worth responding to .....

for what its worth .......... it was a GREAT move for the Cowboys to NOT take brady Quinn - he is showing Browns fans & his maybe future teammates his true character

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 01:14 PM
not worth responding to .....

for what its worth .......... it was a GREAT move for the Cowboys to NOT take brady Quinn - he is showing Browns fans & his maybe future teammates his true character

right...the high and mighty road. Good job. Way to be the bigger man.... :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
right...the high and mighty road. Good job. Way to be the bigger man.... :rolleyes:

oh no! Somebody call the WAAAAmbulance...rockdale got his feelings hurt again because somebody else has decided it's not worth talking to him....:rolleyes: :hand:

3afan
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
check PM .....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
oh no! Somebody call the WAAAAmbulance...rockdale got his feelings hurt again because somebody else has decided it's not worth talking to him....:rolleyes: :hand:

It looks to me like you're doing a pretty good job of crying and throwing a hissy fit to me. Are you sure it doesn't need to stop by your place and pick you up on the way?

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
It looks to me like you're doing a pretty good job of crying and throwing a hissy fit to me. Are you sure it doesn't need to stop by your place and pick you up on the way?

you want to show me one instance where I've thrown a hissy fit over anything here?

Seriously dude...you don't have to protect your brother...I'm sure he's big enough to handle it himself if he has an issue with me.

3afan
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
haha - talk about a thread going to hell !!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
you want to show me one instance where I've thrown a hissy fit over anything here?

Seriously dude...you don't have to protect your brother...I'm sure he's big enough to handle it himself if he has an issue with me.

Hey, I'm driving the wambulance, and I'm going to stop by your house, if for nothing else but to give you a hug. I'm all about peace and love here, don't you know?

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey, I'm driving the wambulance, and I'm going to stop by your house, if for nothing else but to give you a hug. I'm all about peace and love here, don't you know?

:smoker:

Ranger Mom
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm still laughing at Emerson being suited up in a College uniform....that struck me funny for some reason!!

All I could see in my mind was a kid wearing a uniform AND a black and blue painted face!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 01:41 PM
:smoker:

And it's not like I'm protecting my brother, we're like a pack of wolves who work together and go for the kill....Scary isn't it? :cool:

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
he is a moron, ask any of his former coaches. it is his way or the highway. he should leave phillips alone and sit in his booth, at least until they get to the super bowl. he will never learn, but he has the big bucks. AMEN...exactly why I can't stand to watch the Cowboys.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
And it's not like I'm protecting my brother, we're like a pack of wolves who work together and go for the kill....

and occassionally when there's no kill to be had, you end up eating each other...
:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
and occassionally when there's no kill to be had, you end up eating each other...
:D

We give each other some pretty vicious battle scars, but it teaches us how to inflict pain onto others, plus, chicks dig scars, so it's a positive any way you look at it. :D

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Yawn...I could eat a can of alpahbet soup and crap out a better response than that. Like I said...if you dont like what I say then by all means click the ignore button.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Yawn...I could eat a can of alpahbet soup and crap out a better response than that. Like I said...if you dont like what I say then by all means click the ignore button.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was a special event for you to do that. I thought you were always talking out of your butt...

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was a special event for you to do that. I thought you were always talking out of your butt...

again...another lame response.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM

oooh...that's a good one...:nerd:

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
good grief ---- lots of testosterone in this thread :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM

so take your own advice and use the ignore feature :p

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
good grief ---- lots of testosterone in this thread :eek: :eek:

don't worry, there's plenty of room for estrogen too!!! :D :)

rockdale80
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
so take your own advice and use the ignore feature :p

Just killing time. Would be boring otherwise....

Emerson1
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
People actually use the ignore feature? I tried it once but I didn't like not being able to read all the stupid post.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
haha - talk about a thread going to hell !!! in the express lane!

UPanIN
08-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Brady Quinn can't carry Vince's or Jerry's Jock. And he'll never make it big in the pro's. Just a media babe that will make millions because of all the attention he was given.

God bless America.:hand:

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Brady Quinn can't carry Vince's or Jerry's Jock. And he'll never make it big in the pro's. Just a media babe that will make millions because of all the attention he was given.

God bless America.:hand: I have to politely disagree. If Quinn doesn't make it big, it will be because hes on a crappy team w/ a crappy O-line. The kid has the makings to be a very good QB. Will he be, thats yet to be seen, but I'd say its a little early to count him out just yet. Tom Brady was a nobody, look at him now, on the flip side, Ryan Leaf was the next evolution in QBs...we all know how that panned out, so anything can happen. Heck, not even Peyton Manning came in and mad an INSTANT impact. I'm no Quinn fan, but I think everyone deserves a fair shake.

3afan
08-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN

God bless America.:hand:

FYI the original post was sarcasm at its best .......... or worst