08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

:confused:

BobcatBenny
08-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
:confused:

Number of orange helmets on the field.

Still a few that will be added due to vacations.

Either way, that will be more than 25% of the student body.

Cameron Crazy
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Kinda threw me off!

Ranger Mom
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I feel smart....I knew exactly what he meant!!:D

JR2004
08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't know what to do if Madison had a 121 players show up for workouts. If I were to guess, they'll probably have only 70-80 in the program this year again which is normal for them and about 28 or 29 of that total will make up the varsity.

charlesrixey
08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
when i was in high school in celina,

they had 300 students and 110 were in the football program

BobcatBenny
08-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
when i was in high school in celina,

they had 300 students and 110 were in the football program

That is believable, but I suspect your memory is like mine. No team could ever be as good as mine, when I was in school.

Dude, we are not counting cheerleaders this year! ;)

charlesrixey
08-06-2007, 07:36 PM
That is believable, but I suspect your memory is like mine. No team could ever be as good as mine, when I was in school.

Dude, we are not counting cheerleaders this year! ;)

;)

i swear!!!

it was easy to remember the guys who weren't football players-there weren't very many!

but i was never good at math........

Fal44
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
we had around 90 players today... and about 30 varsity players... I loved putting on that helmet :D

tigerpride_08
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
we had around 90 players today... and about 30 varsity players... I loved putting on that helmet :D

that sounds about right for us...except my helmet was hurting my head!:D

Fal44
08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
that sounds about right for us...except my helmet was hurting my head!:D

my hair was getting In my way, i have been letting it grow and now I don't think its such a good idea.. only adjustment I made to my helmet was take air out of the ear things.. those were hurting...besides that practice was very easy just running, can't wait for the pads to but this one junior on his butt.. hes been saying all summer hes going to take my spot and I have let him run his mouth, while Ill just prove it to him on the field ;)

bobcat1
08-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I went for an hour and a half this afternoon. They have 2 football fields full of kids.

(In my best Irish accent)All that orange was a thing of beauty. :D

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM

I think we will be pushing 130 by the time vacationers get in.
For fun

40 helmets for the Celina Pee Wee Bobcat team grades 1 and 2.

We wanted to have a first grade and second grade team but no one else in the Texoma Youth League could do it. We did get the rest of the teams to one grade per team up thru 6th.

BobcatBenny
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Fredooh,
I was pondering the state of the bobcats today. And . . . I think this team has the potential to be even better than last years team.

You wouldn't have any stats to back that up? Would you?

Benny

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey Fredooh,
I was pondering the state of the bobcats today. And . . . I think this team has the potential to be even better than last years team.

Benny

Well the 7 on 7 performance indicates that the Offense will be better since we now have a deep threat receiver and Seth is better than ever. Also the d has a chance to be as good as or better than last year since all the young guns have another year under their belt. We only lost 7 starting seniors. We will miss Jamie but on the other hand Troy is now 6 7 285 and a solid wall
of muscle. I bet he runs about 8 percent body fat. Last but not least we can leave D'anton on d which will make him a true threat from the safety position. He is definetly more athletic than Dru although Dru's anticipation and never making mistakes is hard to beat. My only question revolves around the O line. I just want to see how they set up. I think overall the O will be as good as last year maybe a touch better. Where I believe we might improve the most is the D. The linebacker corp last year just never got off of the injured list. This year with Caleb back and a sophomore with big game experience, I look for the linebackers to be back up to 2005. We will miss Taylor Kolb in the secondary. The kid could cover and play but we have good guys behind him. So over all, I believe we will be a couple notches better than last year. Might be just over zealous, but I tend to be very analytical and hate to over state. I just hope we don't go through another injury year like last year. Lost D'anton first scrimmage. Lost Austin first game
and then lost most of the linebackers till we had a freshman starting by the Pilot Point game. Looking back, that was one heck of a coaching job last year to keep the young guns moving after we lost a lot of depth.

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Footnote, I saw all the Prosser boys the other day and it was neat to say the least. Nik with 2 rings Nathaniel with one and Dru with one. Of course Dru got the edge being all state a couple of years. Nicest thing about them tho, good solid citizens and very likeable. I was talkin to Phil and just laughed and when he said he was now an ACU Wildcat fan. I don't think Dru gettin a scholarship there had anything to do with it do you? :D

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey Fredooh,

Benny

The one stat I will post is the JV white schedule from last year.

6:30
W
14-8
Sept. 14
Prestonwood Christian Academy
There 6:00 W 30-6
Sept. 21
Howe There
7:30 W 38-0

Sept. 28
* Princeton (Homecoming)
There 6:30 W 36-0

Oct. 5
*Frisco Wakeland
Here 6:30 W 52-7

Oct. 12
*Pilot Point
There 6:30 W 30-6

Oct. 19
*Van Alstyne
Here 6:30 W 40-7

Oct. 26
*Bonham
There 6:30 W 38-0

Nov. 2 *Prosper There
6:30 W 30-12

Nov. 9 *Whitesboro Here
6:30 W 34-0

That's 312 - 46 which shows the D is still on the rise. I look for a good defensive year again but I would like to see a scrimmage to see some pads on pads this year before I get all googly eyed.

charlesrixey
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
The one stat I will post is the JV white schedule from last year.

That's 312 - 46 which shows the D is still on the rise. I look for a good defensive year again but I would like to see a scrimmage to see some pads on pads this year before I get all googly eyed.

312-46?

Now that's an impressive stat for a JV team!

thanks, BF!