PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's "Who's Now"

Bull Butter
08-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Tiger or LeBron?

For me, it's no contest, I'll take the guy with 12 majors over the one who's never won anything

Cameron Crazy
08-04-2007, 11:29 PM
LJ has my pick.

Emerson1
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Tiger. Lebron James hasn't done anything, he made it through the east, big whoop.

JR2004
08-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Whoever thought up this contest at ESPN deserves to be fired. I change the channel everytime they start discussing this garbage. I can't believe the panelists actually take this seriously and debate it. Good Lord when are they going to actually get back to focusing on the sports on the field and not trying to be like MTV.

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Whoever thought up this contest at ESPN deserves to be fired. I change the channel everytime they start discussing this garbage. I can't believe the panelists actually take this seriously and debate it. Good Lord when are they going to actually get back to focusing on the sports on the field and not trying to be like MTV. You have a good point my friend!

DUKE22
08-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Whoever thought up this contest at ESPN deserves to be fired. I change the channel everytime they start discussing this garbage. I can't believe the panelists actually take this seriously and debate it. Good Lord when are they going to actually get back to focusing on the sports on the field and not trying to be like MTV. You are right but it is Tiger hands down.

Maroon87
08-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Whoever thought up this contest at ESPN deserves to be fired. I change the channel everytime they start discussing this garbage. I can't believe the panelists actually take this seriously and debate it. Good Lord when are they going to actually get back to focusing on the sports on the field and not trying to be like MTV.

I totally agree. First time for everything I guess...;)

zebrablue2
08-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Tiger or LeBron?

For me, it's no contest, I'll take the guy with 12 majors over the one who's never won anything

ditto, even though I don't care for tiger who by the way never comes to play in houston. lebron will get his one day, but it will not be as many as jorden has. what a dumb show.

Bull Butter
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
One of the many things that makes it dumb the names that were left out of the field and some of those who are in

LEFT OUT.........

Albert Pujols---Best hitter on the planet
Tim Duncan--- 4 rings,MVPs..........
Johan Santana---best pitcher in the game
Tony Stewart----accomplished much more than Dale Jr.
David Beckham---if you're gonna throw a soccer guy in there, why not him?

"HEAD SCRATCHERS" IN THE FIELD OF 32........

Danica Patrick? ----Has she even won a race?
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.--- If his name was Fred Smith, he'd be just another driver
Ronaldinho-- Who is this guy????????????
Matt Leinart & Vince Young---Don't crucify me, UT fans, but he's only been in the league for 1 season
Terrell Owens---is there for one reason. because of the controversy he creates. "Ocho Cinco" is way more "now" than TO! (and he doesn't drop passes either!)

Emerson1
08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Danica Patrick is only famous because she is a woman racing with men, and as usual when women think they can compete with men they get dominated. She wasn't even that good in the other circuits she raced in, just like Michelle Wie

Bull Butter
08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Danica Patrick is only famous because she is a woman racing with men, and as usual when women think they can compete with men they get dominated. She wasn't even that good in the other circuits she raced in, just like Michelle Wie

I'm surprised they didn't put Michelle Wie in there, even though Lorena Ochoa is a far superior golfer (and just won her first major!)

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
when women think they can compete with men they get dominated. oooh......ouch

eagles_victory
08-05-2007, 04:12 PM
One of the many things that makes it dumb the names that were left out of the field and some of those who are in

LEFT OUT.........

dont know about all that

Fal44
08-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Lebron Has my pick... I don't care for golf.

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Lebron Has my pick... I don't care for golf. Like I said, great minds think alike.:D

Old Tiger
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM

LEFT OUT.........

Tim Duncan--- 4 rings,MVPs..........
Johan Santana---best pitcher in the game
Tony Stewart----accomplished much more than Dale Jr.
David Beckham---if you're gonna throw a soccer guy in there, why not him?

Danica Patrick? ----Has she even won a race?
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.--- If his name was Fred Smith, he'd be just another driver
Matt Leinart & Vince Young---Don't crucify me, UT fans, but he's only been in the league for 1 season
Terrell Owens---is there for one reason. because of the controversy he creates. "Ocho Cinco" is way more "now" than TO! (and he doesn't drop passes either!)

It's much more than how they do in their respective sport. Also has to do with off the field achievments and other things like that. I agree on Danica, Dale JR, Ronaldinho, and Matt. VY did earn the cover of Madden which is the most popular football game on the market so it makes him "Now."

JR2004
08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
And the channel just got changed again. I hate seeing a guy who is a respectable journalist like Mike Wilbon get dragged into this farce. The higher ups in Bristol continue to ruin a once proud sports network and do so with reckless abandon.

pirate4state
08-06-2007, 01:08 AM
I can't watch this either, but my vote goes to Tiger.

Cameron Crazy
08-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I can't watch this either, but my vote goes to Tiger. Your not my favorite anymore!:o

eagles_victory
08-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Tiger or LeBron?

For me ill go with Tiger also even though im a huge LBJ fan.

But i disagree with how you put this being that Tiger turned pro 11 years ago and there are 4 majors a year... Therefore Tiger has had 44 chances to win a major give or take a few... While Lebron has only been in the NBA 4 years and had 4 chances to win a title and the first two years there was no way cleveland was even on that level so really 2 legit chances... Comparing a guy from a team sport with a guy from a non team sport is pretty much apples and oranges but i think tiger is the most "now" athlete

eagles_victory
08-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Whoever thought up this contest at ESPN deserves to be fired. I change the channel everytime they start discussing this garbage. I can't believe the panelists actually take this seriously and debate it. Good Lord when are they going to actually get back to focusing on the sports on the field and not trying to be like MTV. basketball is over football isnt really started up yet all thats going on is mid season baseball not even a pennant race yet so tell me what does it hurt? I mean if you dont like it dont watch it thats fine but you act like its a downright tragedy and travesty that they would put this on TV its not that big of a deal

crzyjournalist03
08-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I thought it was dumb at first, but when you consider how little there is to talk about in sports during the month of July, it started to grow on me. I didn't always agree with the people they picked either...I thought Tony Romo should be in over Matt Leinart considering how much off-the-field news Romo is in, but overall, it kept me interested.

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Are you serious about that? The guy is the most popular athlete in the biggest sport in the world... in the world, Ronaldinho is now... in America... its Tiger...

Maroon87
08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I wonder what ESPN will force upon us next summer? I shudder to think about it....:eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I wonder what ESPN will force upon us next summer? I shudder to think about it....:eek:

"Who's Tomorrow?"

or "Who's So Yesterday?"

Emerson1
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
They should of came up with a better name. Tiger won btw.