PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't wish to recognize Bonds as the HR king...

carter08
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
recognize the all-time HR leader in ALL of Proffessional Baseball.

Sadaharu Oh- 868 HR's in the Japanese Leagues.

DU_stud04
08-04-2007, 10:19 PM
hell only have it for.....i want to guess 6-7 seasons saying he retires this season and arod stays on pace and stays healthy

thewyliefan
08-04-2007, 10:43 PM
roids dont make you hit home runs, i think he deserves the glory of this record

thewyliefan
08-04-2007, 10:43 PM
once he gets it of course

JR2004
08-05-2007, 01:08 AM
I'll still recognize Hank as the record holder for MLB as well as Josh Gibson being the American record holder in homers. I'll recognize those two as the home run kings until Arod comes along and shatters both their career numbers.

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 01:10 AM
A-rod deserves it more than Barry!

JHS_c/o_06'
08-05-2007, 03:53 AM
even though he took steroids......and gave him extra power.......he still had to hit the ball. Which is one of the hardest things to do in sports.

RMAC
08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Had Griffey stayed healthy throughout his career, we might very well be talking about him right now b/c he still has a few years left. Bonds is on life support and is just there to break the record.

Astrosdawg07
08-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Had Griffey stayed healthy throughout his career, we might very well be talking about him right now b/c he still has a few years left. Bonds is on life support and is just there to break the record.

That is a very good point...

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM
bonds early in his career was hitting the ball well. Was he hitting 70 out of the park, of course not. Take a player that does a good job hitting the ball and then put him on steroids and the homerun numbers will go up tremendously. Its cheating.

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I think A-Rod will catch him when Bonds retires this year!

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I think A-Rod will catch him when Bonds retires this year!

i think it would be hilarious if hte Giants just cut him after he breaks the record. The Giants have been getting all that attention they wanted and it would be great if they just released him afterwards....

JasperDog94
08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
roids dont make you hit home runs, i think he deserves the glory of this record I sincerely hope you don't believe that.

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I sincerely hope you don't believe that. Thats what I was thinking, this guy is crazy!

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I sincerely hope you don't believe that.

whats sad is some people actually think that.

Emerson1
08-05-2007, 03:38 PM
How do we know Ken Griffey Jr. wasn't on roids a few years ago? Maybe that's why he has had a string of injuries now he got off them when they cracked down.

Same with a-rod, he could be on something that isn't detectable right now.

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:38 PM
saying steroids dont help them hit homeruns because they still have to be able to hit the ball is like saying a boxer on roids isn't at an advantage because they still have to connect on the punches...

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How do we know Ken Griffey Jr. wasn't on roids a few years ago? Maybe that's why he has had a string of injuries now he got off them when they cracked down.

Same with a-rod, he could be on something that isn't detectable right now.
you are right but at the same time have we heard from any teammates of them that have said they know they are on steroids or have we had a confession from them saying they took something but didnt know it was a steroid? That is the difference between someone like griffey or arod as compared to Bonds or Palmeiro, etc

JasperDog94
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I was listening to sports radio the other day and the host (I don't remember who it was) was interviewing a doctor that has done some testing of the effects of roids on lab rats. Through these tests he determined that the rats vision and coordination improved with the use of roids.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 03:42 PM
until someone can prove without a doubt that he took steroids ill continue to like him

and if u dont like him b/c of the accusations then u should condemn sosa, sheffield, and mark maguire(sp*) also.....

and i dont care if he was on steroids.....plenty of other players are on them as well.....

and if i recall when and if he was doing them there was no policy forbidding them so what he was doing was perfectly legal....

please tell me if im wrong on any of this b/c my opinion could easily be changed.

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
until someone can prove without a doubt that he took steroids ill continue to like him

and if u dont like him b/c of the accusations then u should condemn sosa, sheffield, and mark maguire(sp*) also.....

and i dont care if he was on steroids.....plenty of other players are on them as well.....

and if i recall when and if he was doing them there was no policy forbidding them so what he was doing was perfectly legal....

please tell me if im wrong on any of this b/c my opinion could easily be changed.

Im pretty sure anabolic steroids have been illegal in the US for many years. If our govt says its illegal than MLB shouldnt even have to have it in their policy.

As far as the sosa and others comment do you not remember when they were chasing records and steroids was an issue? The attention is off of them and on Bonds now because he in on the verge of breaking one of if not the most premeire records in MLB history

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 03:56 PM
another thing I find intersting is Bonds NEVER hit 50 or more homeruns except for the season he hit 73.

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
another thing I find intersting is Bonds NEVER hit 50 or more homeruns except for the season he hit 73. now that is very true....

but as far as anabolic steroids go.....nobody can prove that he took that right now.....

i mean there is alot of circumstantial evidence but wheres the concrete proof...?

who says it wasnt hgh or something?

and i wasnt around when they were chasing records....

well i was but i was to small to understand

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 04:51 PM
now that is very true....

but as far as anabolic steroids go.....nobody can prove that he took that right now.....

i mean there is alot of circumstantial evidence but wheres the concrete proof...?

who says it wasnt hgh or something?

and i wasnt around when they were chasing records....

well i was but i was to small to understand

And if it were HGH that he was on, he was still cheating

Cameron Crazy
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
And if it were HGH that he was on, he was still cheating Yes very true!

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
And if it were HGH that he was on, he was still cheating yea but that is not illegal.... and tons of people were and are currently on hgh....

u cant single bonds out of everybody that is possibly on hgh b/c there are other players that took/take hgh/ steroids that affected outcomes of games and playoff races and whatnot....

i mean i realize that the hr record is a little more important too

the solution is to adopt olympic testing standards

carter08
08-05-2007, 05:02 PM
THREAD JACKERS :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is suppossed to be about recognizing the acheivements of Sadaharu Oh

Fal44
08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
bonds early in his career was hitting the ball well. Was he hitting 70 out of the park, of course not. Take a player that does a good job hitting the ball and then put him on steroids and the homerun numbers will go up tremendously. Its cheating.

agreed...

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
who cares.....

if he played over here he would hit about 25 a season......nothing special....just like dice k..

dominant over there....above average here....thats it...nothing special

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
yea but that is not illegal.... and tons of people were and are currently on hgh....

u cant single bonds out of everybody that is possibly on hgh b/c there are other players that took/take hgh/ steroids that affected outcomes of games and playoff races and whatnot....

i mean i realize that the hr record is a little more important too

the solution is to adopt olympic testing standards

possession of and use of HGH is illegal without accompanying prescription. Also, if a prescription was issued it would be on the persons permanent Medical Record according to law. No MD is his right mind would prescribe a prescription to Barry Bonds. And if they did they would be breaking the law along with Bonds

DU_stud04
08-05-2007, 06:01 PM
i disliked bonds from when i was younger.... i told my dad to take back my baseball glove because it had his name on it.... came back with a bobby banilla(sp???) glove :D

idk, just one of those player i never cared for...now his name is big right now just gets the grease hot again like when i received that glove:mad: :mad: :mad:

buff4life
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
even though he took steroids......and gave him extra power.......he still had to hit the ball. Which is one of the hardest things to do in sports.

i completely agree...steroids help with strength...but not the hand eye coordination to hit a fastball coming at you at 95 mph...Barry is a great player

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i completely agree...steroids help with strength...but not the hand eye coordination to hit a fastball coming at you at 95 mph...Barry is a great player

who has said Barry isnt a good baseball player? All some of us have said is he is a cheater. Without the extra strength he's hitting a lot of pop ups to right field.

pirate4state
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
y'all better recognize :p :p :D

buff4life
08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
who has said Barry isnt a good baseball player? All some of us have said is he is a cheater. Without the extra strength he's hitting a lot of pop ups to right field.

he just recently got big (the last 6 or seven years) whether it was the help of steroids or jsut getting old and putting on weight...he was still hitting dingers when he was skinny..he is a power hitter...and a great home run hitter and king once he breaks the record...

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
yeah...the older I get and the more I workout the more i get to look like this...

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/07/barrysbig.jpg

kaorder1999
08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
look at his career stats.....

the older he has gotten, the more homeruns and power he has...

also, the older he has gotten, the less stolen bases he has gotten

Yet, the older he has gotten the more athletic he looks.

JasperDog94
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I just don't see how anyone can objectively look at the situation and say that he hasn't cheated. And this garbage about other people cheating is a cop out.