PDA

View Full Version : Texas Girls Softball Association Poll for April 15th

Old Cardinal
04-16-2003, 09:12 PM
The Poll looks like this- 1. Splendora 2. Bridge City 3. Van 4. Kirbyville 5. Decatur 6. Wharton 7. Monahans 8. Caldwell 9. LaGrange 10. tie Waco Robinson and 10. tie Snyder...I personally would rank it- 1. Bridge City 2. Splendora 3. Caldwell 4. Kirbyville 5. Waco Robinson 6. Snyder 7. Wharton 8. Van 9. La Grange 10. 3-way tie- Decatur, Monahans, Orangefield.

Old Cardinal
04-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Can someone start giving us Softball games for the runnerups and third place teams, while the District winners draw Byes for the first week of bracket play?

Phil C
04-19-2003, 10:10 AM
That is a good idea Old. I will post information when I get it but I haven't got any yet. The Sinton girls have won district and will play the winner of runner up 31 vs third place 32 but I don't know who the teams are and when they are playing. Unfortunately down here the local papers aren't too good at keeping us timely updated and just to be fair it is possible it may not be their fault even though I bet if they wanted they could do it.

Old Cardinal
04-19-2003, 03:05 PM
I understand Bridge City has a scrimmage game set up at 5:00 PM this Thursday at LaPorte...LaPorte is in 23-5A, and is ranked in the top 10 in the 5A polls....That ought to be quite a test for a 3A enrollment school! I am impressed with 23 year old Coach "Sissy" Lemons, at Bridge City, she had a half dozen skilled Select team seasoned starters-but she has been getting improvements on the whole teamwork performance. She is able to transfer her great College playing experience, into instructional coaching, to these girls. They are a better team now that at the start of District play. She has a Senior, Sophomore, and Freshmen pitching staff that can match up with most anyone.

3afan
04-19-2003, 04:53 PM
there is no such thing as the Texas Girls Softball Association ... the poll you are referencing is the Texas Girls Coaches Association poll

Old Cardinal
04-19-2003, 04:55 PM
OK, sorry, I forget the name sometimes, but will try to get it right each time...Thanks

middleagecardinal
04-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Old, I think the game is at 7:00 PM on Thursday. I'll find out for sure and let you know.

Brahma73
04-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Old Cardinal:
Can someone start giving us Softball games for the runnerups and third place teams, while the District winners draw Byes for the first week of bracket play?In 23AAA, Bellville beat Sealy Friday 3-0 to drop Sealy into a tie w/ Columbus. They'll play Monday night in Sealy to determine 2 & 3. I'll post then.

Brahma73
04-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Does someone know status of 24AAA softball? Heard LG may have had an off year with the loss of several Srs., but I'd be surprised if they didn't win district anyway, with the tradition in that program. Just wondering since they spanked us twice last year when we were in the same district!!! :o

Good luck Leps! wink Hope to meet you down the road.

Dulce04
04-20-2003, 09:05 PM
The top teams for Region III are as follows:
17-Robinson(10th) 18-Caldwell(8th) 19-Westwood 20-Kirbyville(4th) 21-Bridge City (2nd) 22-Splendora (1st) 23- Bellville 24-Elgin/La Grange(9th)
As you can see, Region III is more than likely the hardest out of all the other regions because all the teams are in the top ten in state except for two. These will be the games to watch.

Chief Woodman
04-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Old card- yeah a practice game against someone in 5A top ten will be intresting. One of the teams you have personaly rated in 10th spot 3A (Decatur to be specific) played two games against 5A powerhouses earlier this year. That is where two of their three losses came from. By the way the 5A teams they played are ranked 3rd and 4th in the State 5A poll currently. Maybe Decatur should be rated higher than #10 by you after all. Good luck to your gals in the practice game.

Old Cardinal
04-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Good Point! Thanks for the info, How did Decatur do against those teams? It's kind of hard to get the big picture when there is no official scores listing statewide for softball. If fact, this board has been kind enough to let us begin an infant attempt to convey information to each other on both softball and Baseball. I appreciate them allowing this and I know others that feel the same way. Sounds like Decatur will be the rep. from Region II, to the State Tournament.
thanks