PDA

View Full Version : Madison Looking for a New Basketball Coach

JR2004
08-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Looks like Coach Douglas just took the job at Lancaster. Guess I can't blame him since now he'll just be coaching full-time with no classes and what is probably the best facilities of any school in the metroplex. Oh well they'll have to find a new foundation now to sponsor the school's basketball team since no Douglas means no Chris Bosh foundation helping out anymore with shoes and shirts.

The names so far that are probably throwing their hat in the ring is the coach at A. Maceo as well as Rob Wright who was a former assistant at UT and more recently the head coach at Carter (took them to state in both 95 and 2005). Should be interesting to see what hire they make this late in the summer for the job.

kaorder1999
08-03-2007, 07:16 PM
one thing I have realized recently is DISD does not hurry much!

Mustangpride09
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM
He no longer inherits the 6'4 8th grader that moved into that district from sweetwater.

JR2004
08-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
He no longer inherits the 6'4 8th grader that moved into that district from sweetwater.

Well 6'4" 8th graders in DISD are somewhat plentiful. It's ridiculous how many freshmen DISD has that come in that are at least 6'4" to 6'6" or so.

I'm not entirely sure that it matters who gets the job (Although I really would like to see the one internal candidate get it.) because whoever does is going to get themselves at least one trip to Austin in the next three years. They're so close to being back to where they were at in the late 90's. The program just needs stability that they haven't had since Kidd retired in 2004 after 3 decades of being the only coach they had since Madison joined the UIL. Hard to find a guy these days that will stay at one school that long.