PDA

View Full Version : opinions on district 21-3A

AP_OLB_1
07-29-2003, 11:19 PM
If there is anyone who keeps up with 21-3a, what do you think will be the turnout for this year????

RBARKER
07-30-2003, 07:47 AM
I beleive the top three in district will be

1.) Bridge City
2.) Anahuac
3.) Hardin or Hampshire.

BH plays yall 1st game of the season at your house, should be a good game BH is rebuilding this year.They have quit a bit back on the O and D lines but starting off the year with a Soph QB and a new RB. Look foward to coming to Anahauc its been a long time since I have attended a game there. Goodluck on your season

Old Cardinal
07-30-2003, 10:29 AM
To RBarker: I see it 1. BC 2. Hamshire-Fannett and then a, #3, toss-up between Hardin, Orangefield, Anahuac and Hardin-Jefferson.... Anahuac has a large contingency of JV moving up and a lot of return players; they will be tough on BH and a few other teams at the first of the preseason. I think their granduer claims to sweep the 21-3A District, like last year; and then again this year, are a little much. They should have a good year but will be very lucky to make the playoffs....Overall, in 21-3A it's different, Claude Tarver has a host of excellent young athletes but no seasoned depth. He is a great Coach but this year will try his ability to get that bunch of young speedsters ready by Postseason. They are going to take their lumps in preseason and a few games in regular season.... On the other hand, five other team in 21-3A have their largest group of returning starters in a while-it could get real interesting.

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
07-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Our group is young, so they will make their mistakes. This season maybe a stepping stone to greater things.
http://images.animfactory.com/animations/nature/flowers/dozen_red_roses_expand_vase_md_wht.gif

aDpT51
07-30-2003, 11:20 PM
I believe that alot of people are leaning on last years results. I know BC is going to be number one or two with anahuac most people think anahuac will make the playoffs because of what happened last year. One team cannot be underestimated or over which ever the case may be by what the past results are.

Keith7
07-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Ya'll are lucky Gainesville isnt in yalls district

Bobkat
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Bridge City will again be the team to beat. I agree Anahuac will be solid, but so will some other teams. Hamshire Fannett is scary, you never know what team will show up. If they get things together this year watch out. No one is giving my Bobcats any praise, and that's fine they didn't last year either. We're picked again in most polls and in most people's minds to finish around fifth again this year. Right were we want to be. We did lose alot of offense with Sauceda graduating, but we have a couple of prospects that will step it up. Defense should be solid again this year, so I look for the Cats to be right there in the thick of things.

1.BC
2.OF
3.Anahauc
4.H-F
5.Hardin-Jefferson
6.Hardin
7.Kountze
8.Buna

Old Cardinal
07-31-2003, 08:30 AM
Bobkat, I picked OF at second last year and caught a ton of flack out of Anahuac and others. I think OF has the capability to upset BC and H-F this year! The Anahuac folks with their extra cocky attitudes are the only ones that can really get to me: I would rather have any of the other teams in 21-3A make the playoffs because of the total arrogance that Anahuac folks displayed all last year. It was no fault of anyone in 21-3A, that the UIL moved them up from 2A and they could not win the District or even earn a place in the playoffs....If you can get me times and dates on the OF scrimmages, I will try to be there, just like last year...I like the Bobcats-had kinfolks that played ball over there. OF is always a class- act and are good sports; on and off the field of play.

<small>[ July 31, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

X21AAAPlayer
08-01-2003, 12:21 PM
I remember last year when everyone thought that orangefield had the ability to upset Bridge City. Look what happened...Orangefield came out cocky and took the worst beating they had all season.

trojandad
08-01-2003, 03:32 PM
As an outsider to this district, these are my observations:

I had no idea Anahuac possessed grandeur.

I think a team that converted a center to their top running back and got him to convert a 1,000+ yard season had just a peek of luck running with them that I wouldn't expect to be lucky again, and

How can a run and shoot team that graduated their starting quarterback and had a less than champion JV team compete for 2nd place in the district?

I can show a lot of teams with bunches of returning letterman that didn't even make the playoffs last year, heck, each year. Returning lettermen usually doesn't mean much since everybody has a year's experience by the time playoffs show up. Now the number of returning champions? That's a whole different story. Those three questions stand high in evaluating 2nd and 3rd place in your district.

exbccards76'smom
08-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Good point there.

Bobkat
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
X213AAAplayer what are you talking about!!! Orangefield didn't come out cocky last year against Bridge City. If you remember correctly, that was the week that everyone evacuated because of the threat of a hurricane. Our kids had one practice that week to prepare for the Cards because no one was around. Before you say anything, I know BC was in the same boat. They too didn't get to practice much that week, but BC had more talent on their team and losing a week of preparing for a team didn't hurt them as bad. Orangefield needed that entire week to have any chance at upsetting the Cards that week and they didn't get it. BC simply won that game because they had the better athletes on the field and they were the better team. There was no Cockiness by Orangefield, just lack of preparation.

Old Cardinal
08-02-2003, 06:46 PM
I agree Bobkat, I don't think OF has every been "cocky"--- Derr, Williams, and the rest of the crew were very mature and fine youth. Your fans behave themselves well also....I totally enjoy the good OF/BC competition each year and we all need to keep the sportsmanship element in prespective!....We now have a "cocky" group in 21-3A, but it's not BC or OF.

exbccards76'smom
08-02-2003, 10:29 PM
I can say that BC and Orangefield both respect each others talent.

eagle08
08-02-2003, 10:53 PM
I say that we will find out alot about Anahuac the opening game of the year when they face a so called "rebuilding BH squad." I study BH football pretty thoroughly and I can say with confidence that they will be a better, or even a much better team this year than last year. This team will be solid I can guarantee it. So I'll wait and see how ya'll do against BH and then I'll decide if Anahuac is as good as they say they are.

trojandad
08-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Maybe so, Eagle, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I saw nobody that compared to Carrington on their JV. So unless they get a transfer, they have a hole, as we do at QB. I think RB is too important of a position to be "better" with a replacement. But I do agree that their line should be better, for sure.

Old Cardinal
08-02-2003, 11:02 PM
I say the Hill by 14 points.

eagle08
08-03-2003, 09:17 PM
The returning runningback, Casey Shows, was not on the JV last year. He played cornerback for the varsity. He will be almost as fast and just as strong and will not dance around and fumble near as much as Carrington did. He hits the hole hard. I don't know how many games you saw the Hill play, but there were times that Carrington only ran hard if there was a gaping hole cleared for him, otherwise he tiptoed too much for my liking. Sure he was good, but a much more aggressive style would have made him an even bigger threat. As for QB, sophomore Chris Daniels will probably start. He was the JV QB last year as a freshman. He will be a better runner than last years QB and should provide some real excitement for Eagle fans for the next three years. Trust me the Hill will bring some funk this year....again. I've also heard that BH got two moveins that could possibly help out. A LB/FB from Clear Creek and a LB/FB from Northshore. This could help add some depth to a an already stingy defense.

trojandad
08-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Allright, a Hill trash talker......QBKilla would be proud. :D

RBARKER
08-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the Info Eagle08. I didn't know about the move ins, sounds great for BH. I hope Casey is as good as you say, I too missed the hard nose running last year. How do you think he compares to Thurman's running style?

Old Cardinal
08-04-2003, 08:12 AM
I agree, Carrington would run straight up and down and tended to want to skip the hole and flare to the outside. BC shut him down, except for one 11 yard run; Sophomore Jon Landry who is just as fast, would just come up and meet him when he flared to the outside....Now Shows is another story, he is a good athlete whereever they choose to play him! He will get his yardage from FB because he likes hard-nose football. BH has plenty of experience and their QB will start the season with a lot of authority...

eagle08
08-04-2003, 09:37 PM
RBARKER:
Thanks for the Info Eagle08. I didn't know about the move ins, sounds great for BH. I hope Casey is as good as you say, I too missed the hard nose running last year. How do you think he compares to Thurman's running style?I don't know if I can compare him to Thurman until I see him play a little more. He does have the ability to catch the ball well out of the backfield, which BH missed last year. I would say Casey is much closer to "Thurman style" running than Carrington. Let's just hope he is as productive as Thurman. As for the move ins I am not definite yet, but I'll give you an update soon.

Old Cardinal
08-05-2003, 03:40 PM
To Trojandad: I re-read your post here, would you clarify who you were talking about not having their QB back....Orangefield has Modica back and he is a dandy. Anahuac has their's(QB) back and he is their strongest player by far-unless he moved away of something...?

trojandad
08-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Well Old Card, at the risk of another coronary reference.....I said they (BH) have a hole at RB as we have at QB. We graduated our QB last year. In fact, in two weeks he'll be splitting starting time at QB and free safety as a freshman at Prairie View against Baylor. It blew me away when he told me that he (Darius Brown) received a full ride at Prairie View but he spoke with Perry Carrington there and Perry told him he was a walk on without a scholarship. I sure thought Carrington would have been offered a ride somewhere.

Anyway, I was speaking of our hole at QB this year. Be gentle, Old Barbed..... :cool: