vs ARI
Final

carter08
08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
aHaHaHa

Exactly. Purpura is a genius.

setxsports
08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
When players leave the Astros they suddenly become and do much better for some reason.

Bull Butter
08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
It's the Joe Morgan curse!

Ever since the Astros traded him away in '71 so that he could help build the "Big Red Machine" former Astros have been coming back to haunt us year after year:mad:

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
M. Ensberg (SDG)
3-4, 2 HR,
4 RBI, 2 R

vs ARI
Final Preston Wilson did the same thing the first game or two when we traded him to St. Louis. Give it time.

I hope he gets his head straight, but it was time for him to move on.

g$$
08-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Preston Wilson did the same thing the first game or two when we traded him to St. Louis. Give it time.

I hope he gets his head straight, but it was time for him to move on.

Agreed. Water always finds its level. Body of work is what matters.

(see Jasper, when you are not blinded by burnt ornage you make a lot of sense on other topics!)

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$

(see Jasper, when you are not blinded by burnt ornage you make a lot of sense on other topics!)

See G$$ you just cant help taking a shot at someone

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I know it's early, but I have a feeling Ensberg will prove much more valuable than Preston Wilson did to the Cards.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
See G$$ you just cant help taking a shot at someone

That was a joke between us - we have talked baseball a lot in the past very cordially. Relax TXB, you are just edgy today.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That was a joke between us - we have talked baseball a lot in the past very cordially. Relax TXB, you are just edgy today.

LOL it was actually a subtle dig towards u from our previous debates and likewise was a joke, sorry I did not explain it better

BTEXDAD
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
New scenery will help Ensberg. He's good 3rd baseman/player, but fans had given up on him and he was trying too hard in Houston. Takes too many pitches. Needs to be more aggressive at plate. Maybe he'll do that in San diego. He should be consistent 25 hr, 90 rbi guy with around a .280 average.
Fans blasted him, Everett (b4 he got hurt), Biggio (early in yr) and Ausmus along with others for lack of hitting, but a big problem and one that gets no criticism offensively has been Berkman. Hitting 40 pts below his career average. Hopefully this is only a one year thing.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL it was actually a subtle dig towards u from our previous debates and likewise was a joke, sorry I did not explain it better

Does TO play for the Padres now? He sure isn't practicing in SA with the football team it seems (darn hamstrings every year act up about now)! Again, a joke everybody.

;)

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
New scenery will help Ensberg. He's good 3rd baseman/player, but fans had given up on him and he was trying too hard in Houston. Takes too many pitches. Needs to be more aggressive at plate. Maybe he'll do that in San diego. He should be consistent 25 hr, 90 rbi guy with around a .280 average.
Fans blasted him, Everett (b4 he got hurt), Biggio (early in yr) and Ausmus along with others for lack of hitting, but a big problem and one that gets no criticism offensively has been Berkman. Hitting 40 pts below his career average. Hopefully this is only a one year thing.

Agreed, but pitching is the #1 problem on this team. This year's offense is way ahead of the WS team of 2005. Pitching is subpar at best & thus the record. Berkman needs to get in shape & get focused.

Ensberg needed to leave & try somewhere else. He's from Cali & maybe that will help. Nice guy & all, but gotta produce.

AP Panther Fan
08-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I am going to make a sports related post, so everyone pay attention!

Does Craig Biggio's helmet bother anyone other than me? I am sure it is supposed to distract the pitcher, but the mom in me makes me want to call time-out and go out there and clean it for him.:D

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Does Craig Biggio's helmet bother anyone other than me? I am sure it is supposed to distract the pitcher, but the mom in me makes me want to call time-out and go out there and clean it for him.:D

why do you think so many little boys in Texas have grown up idolizing him???? :p

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:34 AM

He's had it for years. All pine tarred up & sentimental to him. Kinda like a worn in shoe you can't get rid of even though it's ugly. I hear you but I like it b/c it has character.

It has nothing to do with the other team's pitcher. Just special to him.

AP Panther Fan
08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
He's had it for years. All pine tarred up & sentimental to him. Kinda like a worn in shoe you can't get rid of even though it's ugly. I hear you but I like it b/c it has character.

It has nothing to do with the other team's pitcher. Just special to him.

It seems to work well for him.

Come to think of it, over the years, I have had items of clothing that I have held on to for sentimental reasons (well beyond their intended life-span). I had this favorite pair of jeans that I absolutely would not get rid of even after the knees wore out. I haven't seen them in awhile and I think someone in my family confiscated them in an attempt to help me help myself.;)

BTEXDAD
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed, but pitching is the #1 problem on this team. This year's offense is way ahead of the WS team of 2005. Pitching is subpar at best & thus the record. Berkman needs to get in shape & get focused.

Ensberg needed to leave & try somewhere else. He's from Cali & maybe that will help. Nice guy & all, but gotta produce.

100% right on all accounts, g$$. (Many) fans continue to complain about offense, but pitching is MAIN problem.

Offensively tho, can you imagine what team would be like if Pence, Lee and Loretta hadn't been on this year's team?

sahen
08-03-2007, 03:24 PM

thats one of biggio's trademarks, like the sunshine kids pin he wears on his cap on off days and spring training...every year he starts w/ a clean helmet and by the end of hte year its dirty w/ pinetar and dirt....

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$

(see Jasper, when you are not blinded by burnt ornage you make a lot of sense on other topics!) And when you're not beating a dead horse with maroon glasses you have some pretty good sports knowledge.;)

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Ensberg is 0 for 2 so far tonight with 2 strikeouts. Now THAT'S the Morgan that us Astro fans have grown to love.:doh:

htowntransplant
08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
its pretty damn bitter, but i dont think you can hang this one on poopura. if anything, garner should be the first to blame for not keeping him in the lineup on a consistent basis so that he can figure out what was going on. at least ty wiggington is being somewhat productive....not like it matters now.

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
its pretty damn bitter, but i dont think you can hang this one on poopura. if anything, garner should be the first to blame for not keeping him in the lineup on a consistent basis so that he can figure out what was going on. at least ty wiggington is being somewhat productive....not like it matters now. You're right. This one's not on Purpura.

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Ensberg 0 for 3 tonight with 3 strikeouts. Looks like the honeymoon is over.

setxsports
08-03-2007, 11:54 PM
:D

htowntransplant
08-04-2007, 12:07 AM
has the so-called "player to be announced" been announced yet...the compensation for the ensberg trade? if not, then you want to at least see ensberg be productive so we can rip away someone with some value.

JasperDog94
08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
has the so-called "player to be announced" been announced yet...the compensation for the ensberg trade? if not, then you want to at least see ensberg be productive so we can rip away someone with some value. I heard it will be a double A guy. Not a top prospect.

Gobbla2001
08-04-2007, 11:46 AM
is there any truth to his comment in San Diego where he said "It's good to sit down and eat some real mexican food?"

I wanna stick my foot in his rear

Maroon87
08-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
is there any truth to his comment in San Diego where he said "It's good to sit down and eat some real mexican food?"

Maybe he thinks "real" Mexican food is made from tofu? He is from SoCal you know...:thinking:

Gobbla2001
08-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Maybe he thinks "real" Mexican food is made from tofu? He is from SoCal you know...:thinking:

yah, I wish he would have taken Lane back with him...

Gobbla2001
08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
htown that is the funniest damn thing in your sig... at first I thought the man farted and the birds split... I about went nuts when big-bird's cousin came through

g$$
08-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You're right. This one's not on Purpura.

Disagree, & called Purpura last week on 740 AM to tell him so on his weekly show. I used to work with Tim in 1994 (Player Development) & while I respect him as a human being, I said from the beginning that he is not a GM & decision-maker. He does not have the stones for that job.

The GM puts together the roster & the mgr. coaches that roster to the best of his ability. Garner has made some crazy moves at times, maybe in an attempt to cover up for that flawed team. I put this one squarely on the GM - this roster had no chance from the start. Holes everywhere. Purp is a yes man to Drayton, plain & simple.

And yes, Ensberg did make the Mexican food comment. Baffling b/c Houston can rival any city as far as restaurants go. See ya, "ENDSBERG".

scotty
08-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Lane has 3-run homers in consecutive nights and you have to admit, he's a pretty good outfielder. I'm glad they are giving him a chance to play more and would like seeing Scott in the lineup more. Same with Bruntlett. The Astros aren't going anywhere this year and they need to find out if those guys can play at the major league level. Scott has been hitting the ball real well lately and Bruntlett looks pretty good all around... made a great catch in centerfield last night.

necks_c/09
08-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Lane has 3-run homers in consecutive nights and you have to admit, he's a pretty good outfielder. I'm glad they are giving him a chance to play more and would like seeing Scott in the lineup more. Same with Bruntlett. The Astros aren't going anywhere this year and they need to find out if those guys can play at the major league level. Scott has been hitting the ball real well lately and Bruntlett looks pretty good all around... made a great catch in centerfield last night. you just want us to lose....

with that lineup....

scott has already proved what he is capable of a ... .230 avg

he was just another cocky minorleaguer who batted .400 for a month... now what does he do....

bruntlett made the 2 worst defensive plays ive ever seen in the same game about 4-5 days ago... and i believe that .280 avg will not hold up

and jason lane is good for some power every now and then but with that .170 avg ill sacrifice some power..... all though he does have a good arm and is a pretty good fielder

now that we got rid of ensberg....we only have about 10 more to get rid of

Gobbla2001
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And yes, Ensberg did make the Mexican food comment. Baffling b/c Houston can rival any city as far as restaurants go. See ya, "ENDSBERG".

People in this room are now smarter for having read this... I award you 1,000,000 points, and God Bless you!

JasperDog94
08-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Disagree, & called Purpura last week on 740 AM to tell him so on his weekly show. I used to work with Tim in 1994 (Player Development) & while I respect him as a human being, I said from the beginning that he is not a GM & decision-maker. He does not have the stones for that job.

The GM puts together the roster & the mgr. coaches that roster to the best of his ability. Garner has made some crazy moves at times, maybe in an attempt to cover up for that flawed team. I put this one squarely on the GM - this roster had no chance from the start. Holes everywhere. Purp is a yes man to Drayton, plain & simple.

And yes, Ensberg did make the Mexican food comment. Baffling b/c Houston can rival any city as far as restaurants go. See ya, "ENDSBERG". I just mean from the perspective of the Ensburg decision. Ensburg had to go and you took what you could get for him. Should he have moved him sooner in hopes of getting something better? Sure. But at this point I'm just glad to see him gone.