PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs. Medina Valley

bulldawg55_8
09-06-2002, 09:22 AM
Gonna be a good game between our two teams but even though we have the 11 point favorite we still can't count out Medina Valley. Good luck everyone tonight!!

footballgal
09-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bulldawg55_8:
Gonna be a good game between our two teams but even though we have the 11 point favorite we still can't count out Medina Valley. Good luck everyone tonight!!

I remember when Medina Valley was in our district, back in the days I was in High School that year they won state "1983" back then it was district 28-AAA. Remember when they were a real powerhouse, and my beloved Cowboys were and are the states doormat and new coaches stepping stone. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 10:37 AM
I think this game belongs to Bandara.

footballgal
09-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
I think this game belongs to Bandara.

I think so too, like I said I remember when they USE to be a powerhouse.

Homerun91
09-06-2002, 11:26 AM
As a alumni of MV I too can remember the glory days of '84. Although things have not been too hot lately I here Coach Emerson can turn things around. I only hope the locals will give him and his program a chance. It sure would be nice to see the Panthers back on top.
GO BIG BLACK!!

footballgal
09-06-2002, 11:56 AM
GO BIG BLACK!!

I remember those intimidating looking uniforms in all sports. Thanks for the correction it was 1994 right? What year did you graduate?

footballgal
09-06-2002, 11:57 AM
opps

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 06, 2002).]

Homerun91
09-06-2002, 12:23 PM
I graduated in '91 so I was only in the 6th grade when they won the title. However, I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was a great experience not only for the school but the entire community

Crow22
09-06-2002, 12:41 PM
MV won't be down for long. The kids there will always have that PRIDE. Emerson is the right guy for the job.

Originally posted by bulldawg55_8:

[This message has been edited by Crow22 (edited September 06, 2002).]

toby070
09-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Homerun91:
As a alumni of MV I too can remember the glory days of '84. Although things have not been too hot lately I here Coach Emerson can turn things around. I only hope the locals will give him and his program a chance. It sure would be nice to see the Panthers back on top.
GO BIG BLACK!!

homerun91, I think Emerson will do good things with MV, but I'll agree that MV is a tough place to coach. I watched a lot of MV games, and thought Patterson was a hell of a coach, but no matter what he did someone was always griping. BTW, if the 91 is your graduating class, you graduated with my brother!!!!!

FB_GURU
09-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Come on Homerun you know as well as I do that as long as MV has subdivisions from San Antonio in the school district and the enrollement stays in 4a then they don't have a chance. Coach Emerson is a great coach no doubt, but the glory days of the Panthers are well past them. I think it will be Bandera 35 MV 13. Another pick is Luling 21 Columbus 6. Eagle pride never dies.

Homerun91
09-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Crow22, You are right one thing they will always have is their Pride and that is what will bring them back to the top. Toby070, I did graduate in 91 what are your brothers intials.
FBGuru,
How many times do I have to tell you that Panther Pride will never die. It does not matter where the kids come from or what division they are in they will find a way back up to the top. I agree with you about the score tonight but give them a year or two and things will back to the glory days. I am not even going to talk about Luling, this post was about Bandera and Medina Valley.
GO BIG BLACK!!!

Crow22
09-06-2002, 01:25 PM
GURU,
I have a question for you since you are the guru. Why do you think that MV will never have a chance in 4A? They were 9-2 last year (granted it was a weak district) and they have ALWAYS fielded competitive teams in every sport.

As for the "problem" of having subdivisions from San Antonio, I don't see how that will be a problem. I think that more and more families will be moving to the Castroville area because of the lack of space available just north of there. Let's face it, the area between I-10 and I-35 is basically full. More people are starting to look a little more to the southwest. What this means is, more good families and in turn more good kids. I'm not saying MV is the "next" Smithson Valley, but the potential for that is there. Plus, there is NO BETTER coach than the one they hired.

But then again, that's just my take.

Originally posted by FB_GURU:
Come on Homerun you know as well as I do that as long as MV has subdivisions from San Antonio in the school district and the enrollement stays in 4a then they don't have a chance. Coach Emerson is a great coach no doubt, but the glory days of the Panthers are well past them. I think it will be Bandera 35 MV 13. Another pick is Luling 21 Columbus 6. Eagle pride never dies.

FB_GURU
09-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Crow,

I like your take very much. I think that Coach Emerson is one of the best Coaches in the state and that if anyone can get it done then he can do it. I just don't see them being the power house in 4a like they were in 3a in the early 80's. Don't get me wrong I hope they do, but it'll be a long up hill battle.

PS: you are right about one thing, I am the GURU.

toby070
09-06-2002, 02:04 PM
Toby070, I did graduate in 91 what are your brothers intials.
=============================================

MW, and if it helps any, his (our) dad worked at MVHS at the time.

I'm running the region iv section, send me an e-mail and let me know who you are if you like! If you played football, we've probably met, I made several trips to Castroville to watch games 1988-91.