PDA

View Full Version : UT player sought for Robbery (merged)

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Highly recruited Texas freshman defensive tackle Andre Jones is being sought in connection with the same aggravated robbery that resulted in charges being filed against former Longhorns safety Robert Joseph, according to Austin police. Click here for the story on DallasNews.com: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/080307dnspoutfblede.d72e5719.html

I am a horns fan, so dont say I am trying to flame UT

injuredinmelee
08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Not good at all. Sad to see it.

carter08
08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
And even though he is just an individual, someone will find a way to blame UT for not keeping up with thier players personal lives.

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Another one bites the dust!

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by carter08
And even though he is just an individual, someone will find a way to blame UT for not keeping up with thier players personal lives. maybe they are all test tubies and have no parents!?

:mad: show some compassion :)

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I haven't had a chance to read the paper in a couple of days.....wondered when they would find out who the other person was.

lostaussie
08-02-2007, 04:58 PM
It never ceases to amaze me, that a kid from ANY university, that has the opportunities that these kids have, continue to make stupid decisions.

3afan
08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah that is pretty amazing .....

Blastoderm55
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
What exactly do these morons NEED to steal? This is just getting stupid. :rolleyes:

KingRob
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Prolly needed some money to post bail for their homies who just got the DUIs!;)

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Kinda ironic for the OP to post this after saying this:

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
To get thru all the back and forth crap here is my take

I think a program has a problem when the players are getting in trouble for alot of "non-typical" behavior

What I mean is if a team has a rash of assualts, rape, sexual assualts, gun charges and such, then yes the team is out of control

If it is thinks like underage drinking, DWI, possesion of a SMALL AMOUNT of weed, then the situation needs to be addressed, but I dont think it is a team out of control, but a team of typical teenagers and young 20 year olds doing dumb things

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Kinda ironic for the OP to post this after saying this:

When I said that, I was not referring to Texas, or any school, even though G$$ assumed I was and said I was spinning..I was stating my belief of what is an out of control program, and a program with some stupid kids in it

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
It never ceases to amaze me, that a kid from ANY university, that has the opportunities that these kids have, continue to make stupid decisions. Now THAT, my friend, is the truth if it were ever told.

RMAC
08-02-2007, 11:16 PM
My only question is why does it seem all the kids getting in trouble are going to UT? Not trying to mouth or anything, but really, why aren't other kids getting in trouble? It's not like the APD is out looking for players they know are UT's are they?

lepfan
08-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by carter08
And even though he is just an individual, someone will find a way to blame UT for not keeping up with thier players personal lives. Exactly!!! Kind of like they blamed Bob Stoops for what Bomar did....The coaches are not babysitters...the kids know the rules...they know right from wrong...it is their own damn fault! That is one of my 'soap boxes' I better jump off it before I get really wound up!

I don't think UT...OU....A & M...TT...etc. etc. have any greater numbers of hooooodlums than the other...every school has their share of kids who make stupid decisions

Phantom Stang
08-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
It never ceases to amaze me, that a kid from ANY university, that has the opportunities that these kids have, continue to make stupid decisions.
yep

Stownhorse
08-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Another one bites the dust!

Who's next? lol this sux

g$$
08-03-2007, 07:15 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/08/03/0803golden.html

Austin paper sure agrees with me...

BTW: Texas Football players
10 arrested in past 18 months
5 in the past 2 months
26 in past 3 years

Yeah, all "good" kids Mack, time to do something!

And Andre Jones is currently a fugitive too. Spin it 'Horns...

BILLYFRED0000
08-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by g$$
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/08/03/0803golden.html

Austin paper sure agrees with me...

BTW: Texas Football players
5 in the past 2 months
26 in past 3 years

Yeah, all "good" kids Mack, time to do something!

And Andre Jones is currently a fugitive too. Spin it 'Horns...

As soon as A&M is guiltless you should then be able to cast the first stone. Otherwise I would drop it.

g$$
08-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Book 'em Horns: Football Players

5 arrested in past 2 months
26 arrested in past 3 years
1 currently a fugitive

source: Austin American Statesman

...& when I report facts it bothers some. I hope that was "coherent" enough for you. All of you who laughed it off should be ashamed of yourselves & expect more from a fine university's program.

Hmm, go figure!

g$$
08-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
As soon as A&M is guiltless you should then be able to cast the first stone. Otherwise I would drop it.

If we are guilty, roast us. I have said that repeatedly. A&M cleaned house in 2003 & Texas should do the same.

Winning with CLASS counts too. Texas does not need those type of kids to win - they can get just about anybody they want.

Mack needs to make a statement ASAP by making an example of a few bad seeds.

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$
All of you who laughed it off should be ashamed of yourselves
I don't recall anyone laughing about any of the stupid acts, recent or historical. What I have noticed is most Longhorn fans and others being able to discuss the situation(s) pretty reasonably until you tell them to "spin it". Just $.02 from a fan of neither school. :)

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't recall anyone laughing about any of the stupid acts, recent or historical. What I have noticed is most Longhorn fans and others being able to discuss the situation(s) pretty reasonably until you tell them to "spin it". Just $.02 from a fan of neither school. :) :clap: in fact, i normally don't see any spinning, just ut fans or anyone for that matter responding to someone blowing smokescreen as if they give a crap! i think thats fairly evident now and im sure he'll get lil response. it is a sad thing and like billyfred points out, these kids make their own choices, the university can't hold their hand everywhere.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't recall anyone laughing about any of the stupid acts, recent or historical. What I have noticed is most Longhorn fans and others being able to discuss the situation(s) pretty reasonably until you tell them to "spin it". Just $.02 from a fan of neither school. :)

Not a single one of them has come out & said on this board: "This is embarrassing & I hope Mack does something. Texas is better than this garbage." Or something similar to that...instead I have heard it happens everywhere, no big deal, blah blah blah.

That is why I said Spin it Horns. If that sets them off, them own up to it like an adult being an atrocity after a pattern of arrests.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:clap: in fact, i normally don't see any spinning, just ut fans or anyone for that matter responding to someone blowing smokescreen as if they give a crap! i think thats fairly evident now and im sure he'll get lil response. it is a sad thing and like billyfred points out, these kids make their own choices, the university can't hold their hand everywhere.

Here's my question: how in the world could something I said be taken personally? How does a factual statement about a university affect you personally?

Confused on that one. Personal stuff would be calling that person names, bringing up personal issues, crossing the line, etc.

NOT how athletes at a school keep getting arrested. That is general & easily obtained knowledge. Maybe some people need to separate the 2 without getting bent out of shape.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Highly recruited Texas freshman defensive tackle Andre Jones is being sought in connection with the same aggravated robbery that resulted in charges being filed against former Longhorns safety Robert Joseph, according to Austin police. Click here for the story on DallasNews.com: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/080307dnspoutfblede.d72e5719.html

I am a horns fan, so dont say I am trying to flame UT

Does that count now as a "real crime" instead of just weed/alcohol TXB? I told you yesterday that you were off in that assessment when there have been guns, assault, breaking & entering, etc. too. Now you know I guess.

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Here's my question: how in the world could something I said be taken personally? How does a factual statement about a university affect you personally?

Confused on that one. Personal stuff would be calling that person names, bringing up personal issues, crossing the line, etc.

NOT how athletes at a school keep getting arrested. That is general & easily obtained knowledge. Maybe some people need to separate the 2 without getting bent out of shape. pehaps its you asking a loaded question such as pointing it out and then finishing with NOW SPIN THAT! if it was simple facts you wished to show then post the facts and leave your .02 cents out. otherwise you post facts interjected with your opinion on the matter, so not all facts!

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$

NOT how athletes at a school keep getting arrested. That is general & easily obtained knowledge. Maybe some people need to separate the 2 without getting bent out of shape.

I have only seen you get personal once and that was with me, and even then I dont think it was intended

NOW in saying that, I dont think you innocently posted what you have as you claim.

I do think your burying the knife somewhat in UT fans with some of your comments, BUT it is their faut if they take what your saying personally

Now onto the subject...Is UT a renegade team, I dont think so, YET, but perception is the truth now days, and Brown does need to put the foot down, but he has to do it CORRECTLY. Just being a hard ass wont have the correct message sent unless it is done at the perfect time and with the perfect reasons behind it.

Texas IMO is at a crossroads. They have had for whatever reasons players make stupid mistakes, and they do SEEM to be getting worse in what they are doing wrong.

Now, a friend of mine down at UT told me he feels it is something they ARE addressing in who they are recruiting now, BUT they do need to lockdown those on the team NOW and address the problems and the reasons so many are making the same stupid mistakes.

Now the whole Jones robbery situation goes beyond that. What he is ACCUSED of doing is IF and I say it once again IF he is guilty is a slam dunk for Brown, you drop him. Nothing less woud be effective or good for the program in reality, and perception.

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2007, 10:35 AM
how many times do we have to start this crap again?

"Stop disciplining the monkey!"

There's no need to get a last word in here...clearly you guys don't see eye to eye, but so what? It's America...get over it...take up this discussion in a PM. I'm tired of reading back and forth about who started what! :dispntd: :speech:

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Is UT a renegade team, I dont think so, YET, but perception is the truth now days, and Brown does need to put the foot down, but he has to do it CORRECTLY. Just being a hard ass wont have the correct message sent unless it is done at the perfect time and with the perfect reasons behind it.

Texas IMO is at a crossroads. They have had for whatever reasons players make stupid mistakes, and they do SEEM to be getting worse in what they are doing wrong.

Now, a friend of mine down at UT told me he feels it is something they ARE addressing in who they are recruiting now, BUT they do need to lockdown those on the team NOW and address the problems and the reasons so many are making the same stupid mistakes.

Now the whole Jones robbery situation goes beyond that. What he is ACCUSED of doing is IF and I say it once again IF he is guilty is a slam dunk for Brown, you drop him. Nothing less woud be effective or good for the program in reality, and perception.

That's more like it! :clap:

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Not a single one of them has come out & said on this board: "This is embarrassing & I hope Mack does something. Texas is better than this garbage." Or something similar to that...instead I have heard it happens everywhere, no big deal, blah blah blah. is it there responsibility too? is it yours to ask of them to do so? lol man talk about campus police! lmao come g$$ are you still gonna carry on as if you care about how texas is perceived?

Originally posted by g$$
That is why I said Spin it Horns. If that sets them off, them own up to it like an adult being an atrocity after a pattern of arrests. own up to what? being a ut fan doesn't incorporate owning up to anything? who are you or anyone else to ask that of anyone who follows a team? ATROCITY? seriously? i'd say over-generalization or you ran short on the thesaurus. perhaps embarrasment. which no one is denying but you seem to think we should all march out and condemn ourselves? lol for what some 19 y/o kid did! lol

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
I have only seen you get personal once and that was with me, and even then I dont think it was intended

NOW in saying that, I dont think you innocently posted what you have as you claim.

I do think your burying the knife somewhat in UT fans with some of your comments, BUT it is their faut if they take what your saying personally

Now onto the subject...Is UT a renegade team, I dont think so, YET, but perception is the truth now days, and Brown does need to put the foot down, but he has to do it CORRECTLY. Just being a hard ass wont have the correct message sent unless it is done at the perfect time and with the perfect reasons behind it.

Fair statements, & I never intended last year with the TO deal to make it personal. I think adults can have spirited debate without becoming mortal enemies.

I hope Texas does right its ship, seriously. It's a black eye for the university, state, & conference right now. Thank you for owning up & admitting it is a problem & deeper than you originally thought. Agreed too on the Jones kid if true.

I just wish other Horn fans were more like TXB in what he said above. The ones I am speaking of are AWFULLY quiet today eating lots of crow.

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I just wish other Horn fans were more like TXB in what he said above. The ones I am speaking of are AWFULLY quiet today eating lots of crow. no not personal

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
is it there responsibility too? is it yours to ask of them to do so? lol man talk about campus police! lmao come g$$ are you still gonna carry on as if you care about how texas is perceived?

own up to what? being a ut fan doesn't incorporate owning up to anything? who are you or anyone else to ask that of anyone who follows a team? ATROCITY? seriously? i'd say over-generalization or you ran short on the thesaurus. perhaps embarrasment. which no one is denying but you seem to think we should all march out and condemn ourselves? lol for what some 19 y/o kid did! lol

For being wrong, period, & laughing it off. 10 arrests in 18 months & some very serious crimes is not a laughing matter.

I don't need a thesaurus buddy. All right here.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
no not personal

That's not personal calling someone's behavior quiet.

Defensive much?

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$
For being wrong, period, & laughing it off. 10 arrests in 18 months & some very serious crimes is not a laughing matter.

I don't need a thesaurus buddy. All rigth here. how bout you start a poll and ask that we censure the Longhorns! lets help g$$ save the longhorns! well perhaps tempered words or something more accurate would have been suffice! no doubt a embarrasment! and black eye to the university

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
no not personal
it's not...it's a blanket statement about his view on the current state of affairs of UT fans on this site

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That's not personal calling someone's behavior quiet.

Defensive much? lol have i been quiet? but your certainly on the offensive! haha

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
it's not...it's a blanket statement about his view on the current state of affairs of UT fans on this site i'd say a over dramatic statement of many who just choose to ignore him

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 10:49 AM
My only real thought on the matter is this...can a coach not meet a player and within 30 minutes or less be able to tell what type of person (in a general sense) he is? Maybe it's just me...but first impressions are pretty strong with the people I meet and if somebody's a bad person...it's almost always written on their face and you don't have to look very far. On the contrary, if they are a good, likeable person you will be able to tell almost immediately.

I guess talent on the field really puts blinders on coaches... :(

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:49 AM
it's not...it's a blanket statement about his view on the current state of affairs of UT fans on this site

Thank you Adidas. Said it better than I could, & you're right.

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
i'd say a over dramatic statement of many who just choose to ignore him

and see...he didnt even have to spin it for you...you took care of it on your own! ;)

DDBooger

I guess talent on the field really puts blinders on coaches... :( i agree

g$$

ditto

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
lol have i been quiet? but your certainly on the offensive! haha

My point has been made in droves, thanks.

Silence speaks volumes right now for many.

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
and see...he didnt even have to spin it for you...you took care of it on your own! ;) haha well perception is in the eyes of the beholder, but just how many times do you think ut fans will argue with the same man. and you know what spinning is right? didn't curtail the crimes, in fact i find em embarrassing and should be dealt with

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
how bout you start a poll and ask that we censure the Longhorns!

How 'bout no?

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
My point has been made in droves, thanks.

Silence speaks volumes right now for many. point accompanied by your opinion and provoking statements yes

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 10:55 AM
My only real thought on the matter is this...can a coach not meet a player and within 30 minutes or less be able to tell what type of person (in a general sense) he is? Maybe it's just me...but first impressions are pretty strong with the people I meet and if somebody's a bad person...it's almost always written on their face and you don't have to look very far. On the contrary, if they are a good, likeable person you will be able to tell almost immediately.

I guess talent on the field really puts blinders on coaches... :(

Your assuming the kid is already a bad apple, some are, but others either fall in with wrong crowd, or just make a stupid mistake, it is not always cut and dry that the kid was bad seed to begin with

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
How 'bout no? :D lol but i thought you cared?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 10:56 AM
From the local spin control doctor.....take it to hornsfans or texags. I don't know of one single person on this board who has any control over what actions any of the Longhorn football players have done NOR what action their coach takes. Embarrassing? Sure, why not......but g$$, you're beating this to death on here.

g$$
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
:D lol but i thought you cared?

My original point has been made. I am done with it. Texas needs to get control of their kids. Not an isolated incident - 26 kids in 3 years, etc.

I knew the truth before others finally saw the light. The #s speak for themselves.

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Your assuming the kid is already a bad apple, some are, but others either fall in with wrong crowd, or just make a stupid mistake, it is not always cut and dry that the kid was bad seed to begin with

To make the argument of "well he's a good kid but he has bad friends" doesn't make any sense to me. Is the kid ignorant? Is he unable to think in a rational and logical manner? If he didnt like his friends...would they still be his friends?

Ranger Mom
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
To make the argument of "well he's a good kid but he has bad friends" doesn't make any sense to me. Is the kid ignorant? Is he unable to think in a rational and logical manner? If he didnt like his friends...would they still be his friends?

I certainly hope you have "perfect children" if and when you have any!!

DDBooger
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
My original point has been made..
stating facts is not making a point, merely stating the obvious

Originally posted by g$$ I am done with it. Texas needs to get control of their kids. [/B] your opinion, and i agree

Originally posted by g$$ Not an isolated incident - 26 kids in 3 years, etc. [/B] fact

Originally posted by g$$ I knew the truth before others finally saw the light. [/B] narcissistic?

Originally posted by g$$ The #s speak for themselves. [/B] fact

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 11:06 AM

I am not defending a kid by saying fell into a wrong crowd, but some kids lead, some follow, and they follow the wrong person/group..does not defend them, but is the truth

Bandera YaYa
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Yah, put the blame where it belongs..with the offender! And what makes a "good" kid?????
It's probably parents who give this name to their kids...no matter what dumb stupid thing they have done....so stop the excuses for bad or ABSENT parenting!!! Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Nobody expects to have perfect children. However, I would hope that as a parent I will raise my child to know the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, and to be aware of the consequences. I will also take an active role in their nurturing and growth process to help guide them down the difficult path of being a teenager. I've been there...and I faced plenty of options when I had to make a choice. Sometimes I made choices that were less than desirable...however I knew that my parents were 1) always there to help see me through hard times and 2) had set a level of expectations and standards for me so that I knew what was right or wrong and the consequences it carried. They did this in the hope that I wouldn't make as many poor decisions.

Yes teenagers may feel that their parents are too involved at sometimes and you wish they would just leave you alone...but when I look back I'm very thankful that my parents had an active role in my life, took the time to get to know my friends, and made sure I wasn't running around with the wrong crowd. I can only hope that I can do the same for my children too. The story of this kid, along with numerous other ones, serve as great examples of poor decision making and, usually, poor (or a lack of) parenting in their lives.

Go ahead and take another shot at me though...:rolleyes:

rockdale80
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Every program in the country has problems off the field. Sure it is embarrasing, but why are you calling out UT when ATM has problems of its own. That should be more of an embarrasment to you that what a team you dont support does.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/ctalk56/download-1.jpg

Phil C
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I was planning on waiting until everything is settled before I commented but it may take a while for it to clear up. I think Coach Mack Brown will do what is right in this case but I do have my preliminary opinion based on that Jones is guilty which we are not sure of yet. But if he is then it is a bad thing of course.
I didn't get to go to UT like other families did because of financial reasons at the time but I have always been a big fan of the sport.
We are not talking about minor "pranks" or even DWIs or DUIs. Not to downplay those things because they do endanger others life but I believe they can be taken care of internally and in some cases I think someone deserves a second chance. Earlier this year one of the UT softball players got a DWI and it was handled internally. She had never been in trouble before and has not since it happened so it worked out well. But armed robbery is serious because you are holding a gun on someone and endangering lives. What if the gun goes off accidentally and someone is killed? Jones seemed like a great kid with good grades and never got into trouble. He hung around the wrong people and he got into serious trouble with the law if this is the case. This is a real disappointment for me if so because I was really glad to get this recruit.

Remember I am saying this if in fact he did do the alleged act.

UT needs to get their players to straighten out. I don't know the solution and even though I never went to UT I am very much disappointed and ashamed. I do not blame the Oklahoma or A&M folks speaking their minds about it or bringing it up. UT fans brought up their faults and this goes for Phil C too. When you dish it out you have to take it and this is only justified. If UT keeps this up we are going to be like Miami or Oklahoma in the 80s. I dont' know the solution but it needs to be corrected. Right now we are fast becoming the new Thug University. I think Coach Brown can and will correct the problem.

I still hope maybe this will be a case of mistaken indentity but we have to wait and see. Even if it is it still doesn't make any difference that our UT athletes need to straighten out. I want UT to win but not at the price of being thought of as Thug University. Armed robbery is very serious even more serious than Bomar getting intoxicated or taking money for work not done which is serious but lives weren't threatened then just like Reggie Bush house case.

Some of us UT fans cast stones (including myself) first so now we have to be on the receiving end of stones thrown at us and it is justified. Hopefully UT will clean up it's act. The best way to stop from being called a Thug University is not to argue with those who (to a certain point are justified) throw stones and call us Thug University is for athletes to start being law abiding and stop acting like thug. I know the ones doing the actions are a small minority but still it needs to be stopped.

I am ashamed and humiliated. But I face the future with confidence.

Adidas410s
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
You're my boy Phil...thanks for a great post! Eloquently put indeed! :)

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2007, 11:30 AM
wow...quite possibly the best post I've ever read by Phil!

DaHop72
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was planning on waiting until everything is settled before I commented but it may take a while for it to clear up. I think Coach Mack Brown will do what is right in this case but I do have my preliminary opinion based on that Jones is guilty which we are not sure of yet. But if he is then it is a bad thing of course.
I didn't get to go to UT like other families did because of financial reasons at the time but I have always been a big fan of the sport.
We are not talking about minor "pranks" or even DWIs or DUIs. Not to downplay those things because they do endanger others life but I believe they can be taken care of internally and in some cases I think someone deserves a second chance. Earlier this year one of the UT softball players got a DWI and it was handled internally. She had never been in trouble before and has not since it happened so it worked out well. But armed robbery is serious because you are holding a gun on someone and endangering lives. What if the gun goes off accidentally and someone is killed? Jones seemed like a great kid with good grades and never got into trouble. He hung around the wrong people and he got into serious trouble with the law if this is the case. This is a real disappointment for me if so because I was really glad to get this recruit.

UT needs to get their players to straighten out. I don't know the solution and even though I never went to UT I am very much disappointed and ashamed. I do not blame the Oklahoma or A&M folks speaking their minds about it or bringing it up. UT fans brought up their faults and this goes for Phil C too. When you dish it out you have to take it and this is only justified. If UT keeps this up we are going to be like Miami or Oklahoma in the 80s. I dont' know the solution but it needs to be corrected. Right now we are fast becoming the new Thug University. I think Coach Brown can and will correct the problem.

I still hope maybe this will be a case of mistaken indentity but we have to wait and see. Even if it is it still doesn't make any difference that our UT athletes need to straighten out. I want UT to win but not at the price of being thought of as Thug University. Armed robbery is very serious even more serious than Bomar getting intoxicated or taking money for work not done which is serious but lives weren't threatened then just like Reggie Bush house case.

Some of us UT fans cast stones (including myself) first so now we have to be on the receiving end of stones thrown at us and it is justified. Hopefully UT will clean up it's act. The best way to stop from being called a Thug University is not to argue with those who (to a certain point are justified) throw stones and call us Thug University is for athletes to start being law abiding and stop acting like thug. I know the ones doing the actions are a small minority but still it needs to be stopped.

I am ashamed and humiliated. But I face the future with confidence. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good post Phil

Ranger Mom
08-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Go ahead and take another shot at me though...:rolleyes:

If there was a shot taken it was by saying "perfect."

I honestly and sincerely hope you don't have to go through the "where did I go wrong with THIS one" with any of yours!

Parenting (especially 5 kids who are within 3 years of each other) is by far the hardest job I have ever done!!

Hmmm..............maybe I just hit the nail on the head....don't have lots of kids!!

Big Papa
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
? Sure, why not......but g$$, you're beating this to death on here.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Nobody expects to have perfect children. However, I would hope that as a parent I will raise my child to know the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, and to be aware of the consequences. I will also take an active role in their nurturing and growth process to help guide them down the difficult path of being a teenager. I've been there...and I faced plenty of options when I had to make a choice. Sometimes I made choices that were less than desirable...however I knew that my parents were 1) always there to help see me through hard times and 2) had set a level of expectations and standards for me so that I knew what was right or wrong and the consequences it carried. They did this in the hope that I wouldn't make as many poor decisions.

Yes teenagers may feel that their parents are too involved at sometimes and you wish they would just leave you alone...but when I look back I'm very thankful that my parents had an active role in my life, took the time to get to know my friends, and made sure I wasn't running around with the wrong crowd. I can only hope that I can do the same for my children too. The story of this kid, along with numerous other ones, serve as great examples of poor decision making and, usually, poor (or a lack of) parenting in their lives.

Many times, kids with great parenting do stupid things and make mistakes. Many times, kids with the SAME set of parents (and values, expectations, etc from them) don't turn out the "same". And many times, kids with crappy parenting turn out great. It may be lack of, or poor, parenting, but since I have a brother that turned out not quite "the same", I really don't think my parents are totally to blame.

Emerson1
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I think this shows how clean of a program texas is. Players are having to steal their money instead of getting it from the boosters like OU.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Does that count now as a "real crime" instead of just weed/alcohol TXB? I told you yesterday that you were off in that assessment when there have been guns, assault, breaking & entering, etc. too. Now you know I guess.

I never gave an assesment on Texas and the problems until today..You took something I was saying as a GENERAL statement about schools and assumed I was spinning it

luvhoops34
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
From the local spin control doctor.....take it to hornsfans or texags. I don't know of one single person on this board who has any control over what actions any of the Longhorn football players have done NOR what action their coach takes. Embarrassing? Sure, why not......but g$$, you're beating this to death on here.

I don't think he noticed....:(

luvhoops34
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

GMTA!!!:D

JHS_c/o_06'
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
if the guy is guilty.....who knows.....more then likely is. But if he is.....drop him....from the program....from his scholarship.....and from the university. That might "scare" the other players who might even think about doing wrong into shaping up so we don't have this problem again. Don't make it public.....do it on the inside. God knows its a "media circus" here, who knows what it would be like if they turned it into another Duke case.

to g$$.....congratulations......you doubled your post count. I think the poor horse is a puddle of glue now. And if/when you quote my post .....don't just quote the second paragraph......actually read the entire thing instead of "spinning" peoples posts by choosing what you would like to address. At least this time around you came out and told people what you wanted them to say instead of trying to fish for it. And also note (besides this bit) there is no reference to me crying, whining, complaining or other wise about the game last november.

Emerson1
08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7746/beatingadeadhorsebk5.gif

JHS_c/o_06'
08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7746/beatingadeadhorsebk5.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

priceless

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Book 'em Horns: Sure you're not trying to start anything...:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$

NOT how athletes at a school keep getting arrested. That is general & easily obtained knowledge. Maybe some people need to separate the 2 without getting bent out of shape. I quoted numerous posts by you on another thread showing that you are making this personal. You're not fooling anyone.

JasperDog94
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The ones I am speaking of are AWFULLY quiet today eating lots of crow. It's called a job, dude.

g$$
08-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Every program in the country has problems off the field. Sure it is embarrasing, but why are you calling out UT when ATM has problems of its own. That should be more of an embarrasment to you that what a team you dont support does.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/ctalk56/download-1.jpg

That's a cop-out Rockdale. Don't be afraid to let facts get in your way of a biased opinion. Look at the #s before speaking please.

And Fran cleaned house, as I have said a zillion times, in 2003 his 1st year. Kicked 9 guys off team in a 1 year span. Maybe you missed that nugget along the way. I have never said A&M is perfect. But the pattern at Texas is alarming over the past few months.

And, it looks like Mack is starting to make some changes. It was definitely time to do so.

g$$
08-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It's called a job, dude.

And you are the only one out there with a job, dude? Get real & wake up. You make a heck of a lot of sense when you want to, but right here/right now on this topic you evidently don't want to. I have seen you post during the day before too btw.

Tired of your drivel. If the shoe fits, WEAR IT.

g$$
08-05-2007, 06:34 AM

I am ashamed and humiliated. But I face the future with confidence.

Classy post from a classy man. Need more 'Horn fans just like you Phil. You, unlike them, can admit when there is a problem.

JHS_c/o_06'
08-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Classy post from a classy man. Need more 'Horn fans just like you Phil. You, unlike them, can admit when there is a problem.

I know me and you have had our differences. Whatever....there is a good chance (on the topic of colleges) that we will never agree. But im going to try and ask this in the most civilized/polite way that i can.

I know that you would like every Longhorn fan on here to shake their head yes and admit there is a problem. But why? Why is it so important to you that everyone realize that they are "wrong" and you are "right". But you keep after it like they owe you an apology or something. And (it would appear) your judgment of what kind of fan, and to a certain extent, person, they are is based off of us not being able to "own up". When it comes right down to it.....people don't have to own up to anything. Do you expect atlanta fans to "own up" for what Vick did.....absolutely not. It was an individuals mistake outside of the program and out of the school all together. There were the talks about how maybe the coaches should be responsible or at least take more interest in the players outside of school/sports.......maybe that is so. But we don't. And its kind of looks to me like you think we do. So i just want to know why you are on this crusade. If everyone on here said " The Texas Longhorns have a problem." What do you gain from that?

On a side note....Mack's actions with this most recent case are pretty consistent with what its been over the past......thus you have stupid kids making stupid mistakes.....the team DOES NOT have a problem.

TexanAlum_06
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I dont know what needs to happen. but something does SOON!!!!. This is just downright pothetic. I guess is whats most saddening if the fact that these kids have the ultimate oppurtunity to play for a team like Texas and they just let it go to waste. I would kill for a chance to have the oppurtunity these kids have. I will say another thing that this team needs is LEADERSHIP! Because obviously they dont have it. Mack and company cant control what these kids do off campus but they can/should make an example from one of them. I think in some cases they should be given a 2nd chance and some shouldnt. some of these kids dont realize what they have until its gone, because of their own selfishness and stupidity. Im a strong supporter of UT and will alwaz be, but this is just pothetic, it is starting to become a weekly occurence and every day im starting to wonder who will be next to get in trouble with the law, it is embarassing. Im sure most of this will die down when the season starts but it shouldnt happen in the first place. Maybe I should call my friend thats an officer for APD and tell him to lighten up on these guys! haha.

rockdale80
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That's a cop-out Rockdale. Don't be afraid to let facts get in your way of a biased opinion. Look at the #s before speaking please.

And Fran cleaned house, as I have said a zillion times, in 2003 his 1st year. Kicked 9 guys off team in a 1 year span. Maybe you missed that nugget along the way. I have never said A&M is perfect. But the pattern at Texas is alarming over the past few months.

And, it looks like Mack is starting to make some changes. It was definitely time to do so.

Why? Because I posed a question? Just saying that you should be more concerned about your alma mater than UT. ATM athletes getting arrested should be more embarrasing that what happens to UT. Surely you can understand that. And I am pretty sure that most UT fans are embarrased by the off field actions of the players. I hope it gets cleaned up. But why do you keep trying to get people to say what you want them to say. I know some of the aggie football players and they arent all the angels you are making them out to be.

JasperDog94
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And you are the only one out there with a job, dude? Get real & wake up. You make a heck of a lot of sense when you want to, but right here/right now on this topic you evidently don't want to. I have seen you post during the day before too btw.

Tired of your drivel. If the shoe fits, WEAR IT. Some days allow internet chatter, some don't. Sorry if you can't comprehend that.

Old Tiger
08-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Envy

pirate4state
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I know some of the aggie football players and they arent all the angels you are making them out to be. yeah, like BBDE. :D ;)

Seriously, if as UT fans we can talk about & gloat about the good then we should be able to talk about the bad. No one school is perfect. The things that are currently happening at UT is just sad. Hopefully, the coaches can get a hold of what they CAN control and get the program back on track. My interest in UT the past few years have been mainly on baseball. Adrian is no longer a student/athlete at UT so I'm not so vested in them. Guess that makes me a t-shirt/bandwagon fan. Oh well - sue me! ;)

Phil C
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
yeah, like BBDE. :D ;)

Seriously, if as UT fans we can talk about & gloat about the good then we should be able to talk about the bad. No one school is perfect. The things that are currently happening at UT is just sad. Hopefully, the coaches can get a hold of what they CAN control and get the program back on track. My interest in UT the past few years have been mainly on baseball. Adrian is no longer a student/athlete at UT so I'm not so vested in them. Guess that makes me a t-shirt/bandwagon fan. Oh well - sue me! ;)

I will see about filing a law suit on Monday. I will be calling Mr. D.K.

:D

Phil C
08-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I remember in the early 90s UT was playing Miami in the Cotton Bowl and if we could have won we could have played in the NC. Well we got beat and Miami players were criticized for unsportsmanship and Miami was also known as a Thug University at the time. A sportswriter said that UT probably wished he had some of the Miami players on their side meaning that UT would have liked to have had some of the good Thug players.

I think he is wrong. Of course we want to win and play for the NC but I think there are enough good players who have good sportsmanship and stay out of trouble that can help us win.

pirate4state
08-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I will see about filing a law suit on Monday. I will be calling Mr. D.K.

:D

:D Too bad I won't be there to answer the phone :p