PDA

View Full Version : District 29-3A......

Old Green
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
is it going to be that weak that Palacios will make the playoffs and end a 43 year playoff drought?

Palacios just might do it. They return more starters than any other team in the district including a top notch player in Dave Campbells top players. Last year they appeared to play a lot better than what I remember them playing but liked the depth that the other teams had. They just might make it this year.

Anyone else think the sharks can pull it off?

44INAROW
08-02-2007, 02:21 PM
They just might do it this year - I know 7 on 7 is totally different than 11-man football with pads and full body tackles, but the Sharks looked really sharp @ 7 on 7 - if any team is due, it's the Sharks.......

Gobbler Fan
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I know 7on7 doesn't mean much but they looked pretty good in the Cuero 7on7 tournament. Do I think they will go to the playoff's ? :thinking: depth will take it's toll on the Shark's in District but they will manage to pull it off and go to the playoff's for the first time in quite a while .:cool:

Old Green
08-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I know 7on7 doesn't mean much but they looked pretty good in the Cuero 7on7 tournament. Do I think they will go to the playoff's ? :thinking: depth will take it's toll on the Shark's in District but they will manage to pull it off and go to the playoff's for the first time in quite a while .:cool: Same thing I noticed about them. QB was accurate and good receivers but it's not like playing 11 man.

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Here is this that they are predicted to make the playoffs?

Old Green
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Here is this that they are predicted to make the playoffs? Yep ! Dave Campbells has them finishing 3rd in distrcit.

underware
08-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I dunno? I think Gonzales and Yoakum will be stronger than people think? Cuero, of course, will win D29, but I still think Yoakum and a squeaker by Gonzales.

Old Green
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by underware
I dunno? I think Gonzales and Yoakum will be stronger than people think? Cuero, of course, will win D29, but I still think Yoakum and a squeaker by Gonzales. I agree with you on Yoakum being stronger. The underclassmen coming up are very impressive.

Gonzales I'm not sure about. I know the QB will be back and has a pretty good arm.

scotty
08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Have any of you seen the Buckleys from Palacios play? They must be pretty good and having two good big linebackers could make the Sharks pretty tough. The one, Aaron, has already committed to A&M and the junior is supposed to be bigger. A D-I player tells me he is pretty good.
Did they take part in the 7 on 7 play this summer?
Has Palacios been in the playoffs since they won the 2A state championship in 1964? Who was their coach and some of their star players back then?

KingRob
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I do believe their last appearance was it all in '64.

I do think they have a pretty good shot of making the playoffs. Gonzales has a new coach, and first year coaches usually start a little slow in Gonzales. I like seeing teams win after long playoff droughts. It was good seeing Calhoun (4A) go to the playoffs last year. Whole town going crazy. As long as they don't beat Cuero, I wish them all the luck!!:D

Old Green
08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Have any of you seen the Buckleys from Palacios play? They must be pretty good and having two good big linebackers could make the Sharks pretty tough. The one, Aaron, has already committed to A&M and the junior is supposed to be bigger. A D-I player tells me he is pretty good.
Has Palacios been in the playoffs since they won the 2A state championship in 1964? Who was their coach and some of their star players back then? That's the name I could not think of. Buckley , those two are studs. Great atheletes. They did pretty good against Cuero last year.

Old Green
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
[i]Originally posted by scotty [/
Has Palacios been in the playoffs since they won the 2A state championship in 1964? Who was their coach and some of their star players back then? [/B] They qualified for the state touney at the Cuero tournament.

They haven't been in the playoffs since winning state in 1964.

underware
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I heard that also, the QB has a good arm, but lacks mobility? It'll be fun to see how week 0 turns out. Yoakum has an open practice this Saturday morning at 9:00 am I believe. I may drop by just to check it out. What's Cuero got going on this weekend?

Originally posted by Old Green
I agree with you on Yoakum being stronger. The underclassmen coming up are very impressive.

Gonzales I'm not sure about. I know the QB will be back and has a pretty good arm.

tigerpride_08
08-10-2007, 12:11 PM
this is the year for the sharks...:D

44INAROW
08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by underware
I heard that also, the QB has a good arm, but lacks mobility? It'll be fun to see how week 0 turns out. Yoakum has an open practice this Saturday morning at 9:00 am I believe. I may drop by just to check it out. What's Cuero got going on this weekend?

Gobblers will be doing inter-squad scrimmages on Saturday - I think starting @ 9 AM

pirate4state
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Aren't most schools doing inter-squad scrimmages this weekend? Can't do much else. It's gonna be HOT!

Old Green
08-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Aren't most schools doing inter-squad scrimmages this weekend? Can't do much else. It's gonna be HOT! Cuero scrimmages tomorrow .