PDA

View Full Version : Dallas "Pot Plantation"

Phantom Stang
08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Pot farm discovery may be 'granddaddy' of finds

12:42 AM CDT on Thursday, August 2, 2007

By STEVE STOLER / WFAA-TV

WFAA-TV

DALLAS — While several marijuana farms have been discovered by North Texas authorities in the last couple of weeks, police said their most recent find may be the granddaddy of them all.

Drug Enforcement Administration officials said they plan on raiding an undisclosed area they have called a marijuana plantation. Officials said it is the largest crop of marijuana plants they have ever seen, not only in Texas, but in the entire southwest.

The area is so dense, drug agents said they could not get to it on foot. On Thursday, they plan on bringing in heavy equipment and helicopters. But from the air, officials said they believe they're looking at more than 30,000 marijuana plants they describe as potentially reaching as high as 12 feet tall.

Sources said it could be worth millions of dollars and would likely be the largest marijuana discovery ever in the region.

The find is the fourth discovery of a marijuana farm in 30 days.

On July 12, more than 300 pot plants were pulled up not far from the DEA headquarters. Nine days later, agents found 10,000 plants along Camp Wisdom Road that were worth about $5 million. And just this past weekend, thousands more of marijuana plants were found nearby in an isolated field.

As for the latest find, Dallas police and DEA sources said it looks like a viable marijuana field, and not milkweed, which can resemble marijuana, especially from the air.

Authorities said from the look and smell of things, they're dealing with a huge marijuana crop.

Authorities are trying to find out who owns the land' but what's making that such a difficult task is there are so many different parcels out here. In fact, some of the land may actually belong to the city of Dallas.

Gsquared
08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Dangit, I can hide anything for crap anymore.

carter08
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
:smoker:

jason
08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dangit, I can hide anything for crap anymore. theres a lot of farmland out here in stephenville we can move the shop to...

Gsquared
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by jason
theres a lot of farmland out here in stephenville we can move the shop to...
Ok, you got any plans this weekend?

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
this is really why i'm going to dallas this weekend :smoker: :D

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I was on a texas hunting board, and they were starting a thread "Do deer eat marijuana?". It was quite funny!

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs

Pot is no joking matter!

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
What was it? Like 5 acres of that stuff?

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs

Pot is no joking matter!

There is more to that rule maybe you didn't see it?

(Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

Emerson1
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
What was it? Like 5 acres of that stuff?
It was around 80,000 plants. I wonder if someone planted it or it's just growing natural.

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Emerson1, how far are you from where they were growing it?

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
There is more to that rule maybe you didn't see it?

(Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

geez, all I was trying to do was stir the "pot"...:D ;)

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
geez, all I was trying to do was stir the "pot"...:D ;)

HAHA well just so we are all on the same page :p

Emerson1
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Emerson1, how far are you from where they were growing it?
Carter is the hippie

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Carter is the hippie ha ha, I could have told you that!:D

Gsquared
08-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Pot is no joking matter!
I didnt make a joke about it though, I was jus discussin in a joking like tone. Hey, dog fighting is illegal and everybody was discussing Vick. Haha, not the same but im bored homie

Phantom Stang
08-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Now I'm gonna have to find another weekend campsite!!:mad:

carter08
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Carter is the hippie

Foots is the druggie though.