PDA

View Full Version : Kason Gabbard

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
So far so good for the Rangers...here's hoping Gabbard can turn into OUR Chris Young. His team underestimated him despite big numbers in the pros.

BTW, it's weird having 11 a.m. starts...

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 11:53 AM
That or the Sox felt that he was great during the season but didnt have the makeup for the postseason. Plus, with the return of John Lester and Schilling coming back soon...there wasn't a big need for him as a starter.

I'm torn on this one because I want the Rangers to do well but I sure hope the Sox didn't trade away another Chris Young type pitcher.

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That or the Sox felt that he was great during the season but didnt have the makeup for the postseason. Plus, with the return of John Lester and Schilling coming back soon...there wasn't a big need for him as a starter.

I'm torn on this one because I want the Rangers to do well but I sure hope the Sox didn't trade away another Chris Young type pitcher.

If Gagne helps Boston reach the world series this year, I don't think the Red Sox will care if they traded the second coming of Cy Young. It's all about the rings!

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 01:03 PM
poor kid got knocked out in the fifth on a bunch of cheap grounders that found holes...his numbers won't look nearly as good as he did in his first start as a Ranger.

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
He had 3 wild pitches today...only 1 in Boston this season. The radio guys kept commenting on the high bounces the ball was taking off the grass today and that it was causing some problems for both teams! :(

crzyjournalist03
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He had 3 wild pitches today...only 1 in Boston this season. The radio guys kept commenting on the high bounces the ball was taking off the grass today and that it was causing some problems for both teams! :(

and Adam Melhuse can't catch worth a flip...I don't know why he's on the roster...I saw 2 of the WPs and Laird would have had them easily...one hit him in the shinguard, never bounced, and just completely missed his glove. I don't know how that was ruled a WP.