PDA

View Full Version : Banning from certain threads

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Can we ban people from certain threads so that they won't get closed down. "Some" people on this board can't have a rational discussion without it getting personal.

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, we have that ability. It's just easier to close the whole thread! :D

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes, we have that ability. It's just easier to close the whole thread! :D But why punish the rest of us?:(

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, because it's FUN, DUH! :p

Seriously, look at the threads and you'll see it is the SAME people responding. For whatever reason you can't stay away from each other & those type of threads.

Sorry.

Phil C
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But why punish the rest of us?:(

Jasper it is unfortunate but that happens. General Ike once said that in war you will always have civillians and unfortunately you will always have civillian and innocent casualties.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I for one am going to love this feature!!

Some may say us "mods"...(and we are normally lumped together as one) are too strict!! Some say we are too lenient.

The way I look at it...we only have to give ONE warning....you do it again, we have every right to ROM you.

We give multiple warnings, we are editing posts ALL the time....we don't have to do any of that.

It's almost like we are being dared to do something!!

I can only speak for myself here, but here's a newsflash for you: YOU PUSH ME ENOUGH, EVENTUALLY I AM GOING TO PUSH BACK!!

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I for one am going to love this feature!!

Some may say us "mods"...(and we are normally lumped together as one) are too strict!! Some say we are too lenient.

The way I look at it...we only have to give ONE warning....you do it again, we have every right to ROM you.

We give multiple warnings, we are editing posts ALL the time....we don't have to do any of that.

It's almost like we are being dared to do something!!

I can only speak for myself here, but here's a newsflash for you: YOU PUSH ME ENOUGH, EVENTUALLY I AM GOING TO PUSH BACK!!

THANK YOU!

I know there is something else I want to add, but it escapes me at the moment.

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
THANK YOU!

I know there is something else I want to add, but it escapes me at the moment.
Was it "because we can"? :devil: :devil:

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Was it "because we can"? :devil: :devil:

LOL ~~ No, but hey that works too.

It's all the belly aching done AFTER someone has been ROM'd/suspended. WHY? WHY? WHY?

You've got half the people cheering b/c they didn't like the poster and the other half demanding answers. Usually the people that wanted that poster gone seem to understand why they are gone and the others just can't or won't see what was happening.

oh well....can't please everyone all of the time

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Some say we are too lenient.

:eek: can you get rom'd for lying to mods?:p

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Can we ban people from certain threads so that they won't get closed down. "Some" people on this board can't have a rational discussion without it getting personal.

So which one are you...pot or kettle? :thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:eek: can you get rom'd for lying to mods?:p

If you get caught!!!:devil: :devil:

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
:eek: can you get rom'd for lying to mods?:p maybe that needs to be a rule - thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
If you get caught!!!:devil: :devil: never

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
maybe that needs to be a rule - thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

I just read the "sideline" warning thread....I think we need to have sideline warnings here!!:D :D

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
I just read the "sideline" warning thread....I think we need to have sideline warnings here!!:D :D Funny! That would be something new!

Buccaneer
08-02-2007, 12:40 PM
maybe that needs to be a rule - thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

I think it is already a Commandment!

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So which one are you...pot or kettle? :thinking: :thinking: Neither, thank you very much. I love to talk about college athletics, but some people have to get personal about it and take it too far.

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 01:39 PM
And the original point of this thread was to see if someone could be banned from certain threads, not about ROMing or suspending. I was just curious. I would like to see if those threads would still be allowed, minus the people that just want to stir stuff up and cause trouble...on either side.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
And the original point of this thread was to see if someone could be banned from certain threads, not about ROMing or suspending. I was just curious. I would like to see if those threads would still be allowed, minus the people that just want to stir stuff up and cause trouble...on either side.

Yes...they can!!

I was actually surprised to see some threads closed since we DO have that feature.

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes...they can!!

I was actually surprised to see some threads closed since we DO have that feature. I would like to see that feature used to see if it makes a difference before we say that we're going to lock every thread about A&M or UT.

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes...they can!!

I was actually surprised to see some threads closed since we DO have that feature.

Well, there is that option Emerson pointed out that they can still edit & add stuff even if we thread ban them.

In order for them not to post at all we'd have to delete all of their post and then we'd have people crying about their post count dropping.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to delete 10+ posts.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, there is that option Emerson pointed out that they can still edit & add stuff even if we thread ban them.

In order for them not to post at all we'd have to delete all of their post and then we'd have people crying about their post count dropping.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to delete 10+ posts.

If they start editing...then I would use the "suspend" option at that point!!

DDBooger

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to delete 10+ posts. p4s is my post deleting angel :dispntd:

pirate4state
If they start editing...then I would use the "suspend" option at that point!!

Good point. So, can we suspend Emerson? LOL

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
p4s is my post deleting angel :dispntd:

next time i'll leave it up and just suspend you - sound good?

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Good point. So, can we suspend Emerson? LOL

Sure.....wanna race to see who can get him first??

On your mark...get set....GO!!!!!

:D :D :D

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Sure.....wanna race to see who can get him first??

On your mark...get set....GO!!!!!

:D :D :D

No fair! :mad: :mad: :D :D

I need to get to work! :doh:

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Neither, thank you very much. I love to talk about college athletics, but some people have to get personal about it and take it too far.

From what I read in the threads from the past few days...I would beg to differ. "The Regulars" in those threads are more than willing to "state facts" and "point fingers" but when somebody calls them on it then they say "don't attack us" or "you're taking it personal but i'm not"....

it is what it is...

DaHop72
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
From what I read in the threads from the past few days...I would beg to differ. "The Regulars" in those threads are more than willing to "state facts" and "point fingers" but when somebody calls them on it then they say "don't attack us" or "you're taking it personal but i'm not"....

it is what it is... OH DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Who is right? I'll check back in later to find out! :D

Ranger Mom
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM

it is what it is...

That would explain why they are closed rather than just some people banned from the thread.

We don't want to ban all "The Regulars" and have all "The Irregulars" posting on it!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
That would explain why they are closed rather than just some people banned from the thread.

We don't want to ban all "The Regulars" and have all "The Irregulars" posting on it!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah...a breathe of fresh air can be good for the soul! ;)

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 02:19 PM

it is what it is... You are entitled to your opinion...even if it is wrong.:p

In all seriousness though, I didn't think anything I said was out of line or against the rules. I am more than happy to have a civilized discussion with anyone about sports. But when someone makes it personal or takes it too far, I'm going to say something about it.

JasperDog94
08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
If they start editing...then I would use the "suspend" option at that point!! This sounds like a great option.

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
next time i'll leave it up and just suspend you - sound good? :rolleyes: sorry i didn't see joking with mods was ROM material! dont drop the hammer :) i digress! :) i meant it as you save me from suspension(angel) its ok though

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes: sorry i didn't see joking with mods was ROM material! :) i digress! :)

you dish it out - i dish back :p

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
you dish it out - i dish back :p haha i hear ya p4s, i'd say the terms of trade in this deal are a lil unbalanced but hey anyone with 19000posts has earned it ;)

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
haha i hear ya p4s, i'd say the terms of trade in this deal are a lil unbalanced but hey anyone with 19000posts has earned it ;)

well you wouldn't be the first :kiss:

Adidas410s
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm just curious....are you a cop? That mentality is very unprofessional, and usually would get you fired from any other job than the police force. Wait...why am I confusing moderating a HS football website to being a professional? Silly me. :rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm just curious....are you a cop? That mentality is very unprofessional, and usually would get you fired from any other job than the police force. Wait...why am I confusing moderating a HS football website to being a professional? Silly me. :rolleyes: :wave: uh oh

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
:wave: uh oh

see .... you are catching on ...

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm just curious....are you a cop? That mentality is very unprofessional, and usually would get you fired from any other job than the police force. Wait...why am I confusing moderating a HS football website to being a professional? Silly me. :rolleyes:
Excuse me?

DDBooger
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
see .... you are catching on ... yup, fair or not, DONT CHALLENGE THE MODS!! ;)

IHStangFan
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
:wave: uh oh whatever....if I get ROM'd for speaking my mind when some mod throws out gestapo-esque type comments out there, then there is something VERY wrong w/ the managing of this site. There is a mod or two here that doesnt seem to realize they have to adhere to the same laws as they inforce... and if the rules arent for one and all and mods ARE above the "law"...then I don't want to be a part of this board anyway.

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
whatever....if I get ROM'd for speaking my mind when some mod throws out gestapo-esque type comments out there, then there is something VERY wrong w/ the managing of this site. There is a mod or two here that doesnt seem to realize they have to adhere to the same laws as they inforce... and if the rules arent for one and all and mods ARE above the "law"...then I don't want to be a part of this board anyway.

fine by me!